.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

1. Have A2+OA+IF+A3 installed and patched to latest version

Yes! check!

Convert IF standalone to the mod version with the tool

Yes! check!

Did u run the tool and not just extracted it? As in, did u press: IFArma_conversion.exe or StartUp.exe from the IFArma_conversion-folder created by the IronFrontArmaConversionSetup.exe? And did u use the GUI to start the conversion process (which runs in cmd-window and takes few minutes).

Cos I didn't at first and got a ton of errors running the 1.06 patch (which is meant for the converted-IF only).

Apply the 1.05 community patch (and 1.01 DLC when present)

I run the patch and got so many error I lost count, Epic fail!

During earlier, "internal" tests, turned out in the same, as you described way, that for some reason patching procedure is sensitive to game version (disc/steam/digital), same for DLC, thus two versions of DLC patch. This may be similar case. For example I have IF from Steam (and patch for it works flawless), and digital, non-steam DLC (bought on another online store), so I'm using "digital" version of DLC patch, also successfully. So perhaps you have a version of IF/DLC not taken into account, when patch was created, or not handled properly? Just another possibility to consider... while I recall with nostalgia the times, when game had only one, solid, disc version, no Steam quirks nor other digital crap.

Yes! check!

Yes! check!

Install the latest AllInArma and CBA version

Yes and that is the only thing working... at all.

Download @IFA3 to the A3 game folder

Yes, check.

Run A3 with the correct modline or use the batch files

I run the autobatch files to start it up and this happens:

Error message: Addon AiA_Charachters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry requiers addon LIB_core

Error message: config.bin/cfgExtended_HUB/LIB_M4A3-75/Layers/Vehicle/Layers/Itrack/: Cannot find base class Itrack

And then game crash/ dont start at all

I followed the step by step guide and that is what happens. Help please.

Nothing wrong with my IF & DLC working fine and are updated.

Nothing wrong with my A3

Nothing worng with my A2 + A2 AO.

*facepalm.

I think this is the same problem I'm getting.

About the patch that give me alot of errors this is the one:

# IronFront_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.06.exe (455.78 MB)

gameupdates torrent (torrent)

mega HTTP mirror

multiupload HTTP mirror

---------------------------------

I have the digital version of both IF & the DLC. When I run the Digital DLC pathc I have no problem with the patch. Only the first.

So I cant find any " Digital disc" version of that patch, is that patch for Steam user or what?

Also I run the IFArma_conversion.exe and it take some minutes.

But still same problem.

Yes! check!

Yes! check!

Install the latest AllInArma and CBA version

Yes and that is the only thing working... at all.

Download @IFA3 to the A3 game folder

Yes, check.

Run A3 with the correct modline or use the batch files

I run the autobatch files to start it up and this happens:

Error message: Addon AiA_Charachters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry requiers addon LIB_core

Error message: config.bin/cfgExtended_HUB/LIB_M4A3-75/Layers/Vehicle/Layers/Itrack/: Cannot find base class Itrack

And then game crash/ dont start at all

I followed the step by step guide and that is what happens. Help please.

Nothing wrong with my IF & DLC working fine and are updated.

Nothing wrong with my A3

Nothing worng with my A2 + A2 AO.

*facepalm.

Same except I somehow got the game to launch after doing that conversion and patching couple of times and using manual batch but it's still very broken. The community patch must have some problems.

I have it all working successfully, by following the setup processes in the Dev Heaven page. The only step I do not use in this setup guide, is the one recommending the use of a batch file. I use PWS, to launch the both the A3 version with Allin Arma and the A2CO version.

Using the preset options in PWS for both A2 or A3 seems to work well.

In addition, I am using successfully, the @ACE mod, JSRS1.5, ASRAI, DAPMAN AI medical system and blastcore visual effects, all with my IFL:44 for Arma 2:CO and this seems to work very well to date.

IMHO, and at this stage of the development of the project, I am more happy to use the IFL:44 for Arma 2:CO rather than the A3 version, as it would seem to have less bugs. In addition, I am able to use the additional features of IFL:44 for Arma 2:CO, like the ability to hitch and tow static guns, different death animations, weapon resting for MGs, penetration effects on tanks armor, unique destruction effects on vehicles etc, which do not seem to appear active in the IFL:44 for Arma 3.

I want to thank all involved with the development of the IFL:44 for Arma 3 project and sharing with us.:)

I look foward to maybe seeing more of these above IFL:44 unique features appearing in the A3 version as the project develops.

Thanks once again.

Edited by the chief

About the patch that give me alot of errors this is the one:

# IronFront_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.06.exe (455.78 MB)

mega HTTP mirror

multiupload HTTP mirror

---------------------------------

I have the digital version of both IF & the DLC. When I run the Digital DLC pathc I have no problem with the patch. Only the first.

So I cant find any " Digital disc" version of that patch, is that patch for Steam user or what?

Also I run the IFArma_conversion.exe and it take some minutes.

But still same problem.

You may or may not be having the same problem that I had. When I used the converter, it automatically created the mod folders in my A2:CO folder. As I wanted them in A3, I moved them into that folder - and then tried to patch them. After some trial and error, I realised the patcher seems to look for the folders in the A2:CO folder and - as I had moved them - the patcher was throwing loads of errors at me as it couldn't find the files to patch.

Hmm.... as I have Arma 2 & operation arrowhead all bought on disk. THey are all installed in same folder.

I have no A2:CO folder at all.

This is the only A2 path I got, both for A2 & Operation Arrowhead:

ARMA 2 location

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2

ARMA 2 OA location

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2

----------------------------------------

why cant this be easy like just have the @folders of mod content in my A3 forlder as I had for A2 and all the mods I used for A2 and then just make a shortcut to the mods?

Edited by Mr Pedersen

even if i play it in arma 3?

Yes. Once you convert your Iron front, and then you patch it, the patch will patch your IF/Arma arma2Co version, which will be required for the Arma3 version.

If you have the DLC then you'll want to patch that too

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170686-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-v1-06-community-patch-available-%28Arma-version-only%29

but now the men in the game are all disfigured and stretched out, why is this?

I have no idea, I'm not the person to ask, you will need to report it here and Kju and his group can test and if there is the issue confirmed on their end they can fix it, but report here,

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Wiki#Setup-guides

Scroll to the bottom, where it says "how to report issues".

if no one else can confirm your issue then its something on your end, i would still report it.

I've tried to follow that guide, but I've been encountering many errors after trying to follow them and I've tried all three of the mirrors for the community patch and followed conversion steps as well (I have the Steam version of IF). I'm not the only one requesting for a more in depth guide, which literally goes through every small step to eliminate any mistake/minimise errors. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

For those few and maybe others that are having issues trying to setup the Arma3 version, i will try to create a clearer, possibly more detailed tutorial with pictures and such on how to set it up,

I will post a reply on this thread with the tutorial later today, for now i will just layout the steps below, and see if this can help you any.

First thing you need to know before you attempt anything is do you meet the requirements for the Arma3 version?

You need the following:

1. Iron Front installed and patched to 1.05

2. Iron Front: D-Day 1944 DLC is optional - (DLC is only required if you want to use it in Arma3, if you dont have the DLC then dont worry about this step.)

3. Arma 2: Combined Operations installed and in the latest version

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead patched to 1.62

Arma 2 patched to 1.11

4. Arma 3 installed and updated to latest stable version (dev branch may or may not work)

5. Download the @IFA3 mod and extract to your Arma 3 game folder

6. Latest AllInArma version and CBA_A3 installed

=============

After you have all this, then....you will need to convert your vanilla Iron front game to a mod for Arma2CO.

1st get the tool:

Download IronFrontArmaConversion tool and extract it to your desktop.

2nd

Read and acknowledge the IronFrontArmaConversion_Disclaimer.txt

3rd

Install the conversion tool

4rth

Run the tool, hit Create IF Arma button and wait for conversion to complete - this will take a while

==========

Notes on the tool.

1. you are 1st converting your Iron front to a mod format for Arma2CO.

-So you will need to locate your Arma2 directory and put it into the arma2 path on the tool.

-you will also need to locate your Iron front directory.

the process

The conversion process converts all of your Iron front vanilla files from IFA to pbo, once all the files are pbo then in your Arma2 directory you should find a folder titled:

@IF, the @IF is your vanilla Iron front now as a mod for Arma2CO.

==========

Next you will need to patch your converted Iron front, so do the following:

1st Download below the IronFront_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.06.exe

IronFront_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.06.exe (455.78 MB)

mega HTTP mirror

multiupload HTTP mirror

2nd Run the 1.06 patch

3rd If you have the DLC then download the IronFront_DLC_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.01.exe (Steam or Digital)

IronFront_DLC_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.01_Steam.exe (144.28 MB)

mega HTTP mirror

multiupload HTTP mirror

IronFront_DLC_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.01_Digitial.exe (4.38 MB)

mega HTTP mirror

multiupload HTTP mirror

Run the DLC 1.01 patch

==========

Starting up the game

Download the Launch Iron Front in Arma 3 - Automated.bat

Start the game with the batch file

==========

Hope that works for you.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I have no A2:CO folder at all.

There wont be, Arma2CO aka Combined ops is just Arma2 and OA in the same directory which is the Arma2 directory.

You should have the folder titled expansions in your arma2 directory, and an arma2oa.exe in the directory as well.

When you start your game assuming you have Arma2Co running does it say 1.62 for the game version on the bottom right corner of the menu?

Arma2Co is one of the requirements for the conversion.

You also need to own Iron front and have Iron front patched to v 1.05

Edited by Günter Severloh

Thanks to all people that made this possible.

I successfully got it working by following the steps at Dev-Heaven.net.

I have Arma 2 and OA disc versions installed in D:\Games\Arma 2

I have Arma 3 and Iron Front Steam versions installed, steam folder in d:\games\Steam

Could some of the problems people are having be related to having Arma and/or Steam installed in "c:\Program Files"? Sometimes that path needs admin rights. Just a thought.

The only error i have had is "No entry config.bin/CfgMagazines.LIB_15Rnd_762x33" when launching Iron Front in Arma 3.

I'm on the verge of buying IF. Before I do I'd like to know if it has some of the same errors that AllinArma does? For instance none of the Arma2 rifles have muzzle flash or correct recoil when playing in arma 3. Will Iron front be the same on Arma 3? I hate to be a pest about this. I know these post can be very very annoying, and a bit discouraging. I love what your doing, and I know most of these errors are on Bis end. I love WWII stuff. I was going to buy IF when it came out, but it seemed to not have the mod support as the arma series which was a deal breaker for me. If this is working correctly deal is back on!!! and my thanks! Sheesh I do sound like a pest! I shouldn't post this, but I'd really love to buy this is its worth it.

Just buy it Mikey. Even without A3 it looks pretty decent now it has quite a few patches under its belt. I bought it and just have to reinstall Arma2CO again, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I'm on the verge of buying IF. Before I do I'd like to know if it has some of the same errors that AllinArma does? For instance none of the Arma2 rifles have muzzle flash or correct recoil when playing in arma 3. Will Iron front be the same on Arma 3? I hate to be a pest about this. I know these post can be very very annoying, and a bit discouraging. I love what your doing, and I know most of these errors are on Bis end. I love WWII stuff. I was going to buy IF when it came out, but it seemed to not have the mod support as the arma series which was a deal breaker for me. If this is working correctly deal is back on!!! and my thanks! Sheesh I do sound like a pest! I shouldn't post this, but I'd really love to buy this is its worth it.

IFL:44 and its DLC is still worth buying even if you dont have or dont want Arma 3. It plays very well when it's converted to the Arma 2:CO engine and it can be used with a ton of mods for Arma 2.

I have arma3 and arm2 co. I had Arma and OFPCWC. lol they got lost in a move some where along the line. Arma 3 is by far my favorite so far. Barely nipping out OFPCWC for that title. To make IF work on Arma 3 with all the bells and whistles of both will definitely be worth it. I cant even touch arma 2 now that arma 3 is out. To me Arma 3 trumps arma 2 that much. I think I may just DL it. Thanks for the advice fellows. :)

For those few and maybe others that are having issues trying to setup the Arma3 version, i will try to create a clearer, possibly more detailed tutorial with pictures and such on how to set it up, I will post a reply on this thread with the tutorial later today, for now i will just layout the steps below, and see if this can help you any.

Thanks Günter, and may I also thank you and your team for all their work on IF so far. I was skeptical when you were saying that you lot were going to fix IF. I wished you to prove my doubts wrong, and you have. Good job.

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

The Steam Winter 2013 sale is still going. I'd wait for an opportunity to get it when the price is further reduced. If there is no price reduction before the 3rd January (when the sale ends), I'd only buy it then.

i have fixed the issue with the stretched out units, it was because i removed the activate A3 models pbo. Plus the us army use the default nato units

I give up, done this 10 times now. same issue.

Think the problem starts with patching to 1.5 - 1.6 cuz of all those error message I get, any one else get error message during update?

Somthing wrong with the path? I have A2+AO in same folder A2. And everthing is up to date IF.IFDLC,A2.A2OA,A3!!

I followed the step by step it make look so easy.

I just give up. * Candy crush saga.

Think the problem starts with patching to 1.5 - 1.6 cuz of all those error message I get

Have you tried to run the patcher as admin (rightclick run as administrator)?

Maybe the patcher fails to create the new files since its in the program files folder.

Värt ett försök :)

another nice chirstmas treat

great job all who worked to make possible,

have just purchase IF44 to try this,shame steam is crawling d/l speed wise atm! 5 hrs and counting!

Not all steam fault if i'm fair my rural wireless connection is dragged down to its kness during the holidays.

ahh well good thing there is plenty of alcohol to get me occupied while it d/l's, so far tonight it's been triple whiskeys..vodka...rum..brandy...with a harty turkey curry thrown in for good messure....yep i'm battered:p

happy holidays all!

I'm just lovin' this Mod compared to the original Iron Front game running on the Real Virtuality 3 engine, the ArmA 3 engine (Real Virtuality 4) is like a pair of glasses and I just got my 20/20 vision back in this game. The Original game seems to have this "blurry film" (post possessing???? I have it off, but it still has a blur to it....always has had this blur), but the ArmA 3 "IF Mod" makes it clear as a bell....... again, thanks kju. This really is a special treat.

Question: When I go to Multiplayer, I notice that all of the "Blitzkrieg" missions are gone. I usually play the "Blitzkrieg" missions where the opponent are the AI. Some missions include.... foggy forest; morning assault; the big barn; etc. Are these eventually going to be available? That would be the Cherry on Top. ;)

I guess I played the "AI Mode" a lot because hardly anyone ever played on-line.....it is a pity because Iron Front is such a fun game....I love the Genre (WW2). Also, the maps are just gorgeous.... I think they look better than Chernarus now because this mod got rid of the blur and made it look so beautiful - IMHO. One special place I like to go and create Tank battles is in a valley to the North of the town of Kurozweki (Poland Staszow Map) which sits on a hill......... you have this open field in the valley totally surrounded by trees that makes such a fantastic place for a tank battle.... add the new environment weather....clouds....and you've got an epic event to partake in.

Hmmmm.....I see a possibility of a "Saving Private Ryan" mission being made with this mod. It would take place in "Ramell", France with "Tiger tanks, two of them, panzer tanks, two of them, infantry, 50 plus jag!" - Cpt. Miller

I hope this Mod takes off and a whole bunch of people buy Iron Front. The game never got off the ground when it came out....Dayz kind of smothered it and the game-play was a little clunky / buggy. Hopefully, Iron Front will have a DayZ moment (without the Zombies).

Cheers.

Edited by rehtus777
grammar correction + spelling correction

Question: When I go to Multiplayer, I notice that all of the "Blitzkrieg" missions are gone. I usually play the "Blitzkrieg" missions where the opponent are the AI. Some missions include.... foggy forest; morning assault; the big barn; etc. Are these eventually going to be available? That would be the Cherry on Top.

Port them over from your vanilla Iron front, just rename the ifa to pbo and they will work.

:/ everythingelse went good. Having problems with the patches. Yes I did buy it. lol

Port them over from your vanilla Iron front, just rename the ifa to pbo and they will work.

Noob question: I found the original MP missions in the vanilla, but where do you port them to....what folder? I can't seem to get this to work.

hmmm undid everything tried playwithsix no dice there either. No wonder why gamming is going away from pc. You always have those few that will not work.