.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Hi Guys, I've been trying this, used the conversion tool and applied the community update. It's working with Arma 2, but when I try and run Arma 3 ( through play with six, AIA, IF3, CBA3 ) I get this message when loading addons ' Addon 'AIA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon 'LIB_core'. The game then runs but the Iron Front content isn't there. Anybody any ideas as to what's happening here? Thanks!

I have the same issue, but I don't have it in ARMA II either. Tried reinstalling and following the instructions, and I've used PwS with the same result. I am sending reports to both .kju and sickboy to try to solve this, and will update this thread as soon as we have figured out what is wrong.

You're not considering making an A3 version that doesn't require AiA? I just think it's such a hassle to set up that I can't be bothered with it to be honest.

You're not considering making an A3 version that doesn't require AiA? I just think it's such a hassle to set up that I can't be bothered with it to be honest.

tbh i would not want to have someone in my team who is not able to install two mods... just kidding, PWS will install everything automaticly for you! (unless you prefer modmakers to come to your home to install their mods for you so you dont feel bothered by their voluntary works)

He's probably not allowed to. Only reason A3MP is allowed is because of the recently released Public Data.

(unless you prefer modmakers to come to your home to install their mods for you

This one please, it sounds like an acceptable compromise to me. How 'bout the day after New Years Eve?

Seriously, if PWS does it all automatically, no complaints. I was under the impression that AiA required a lot of accident prone (on the installer's behalf) manual installing.

Isn't this something to do with MS Netcode 4 or something? You have a tool missing from your windows. Check what the installer needs then install that.

Yea, I downloaded the 32-bit version when I needed the 64-bit version, so everything runs fine now.

I have another question though:

Am I somehow able to use ArmA III mods with this?

This one please, it sounds like an acceptable compromise to me. How 'bout the day after New Years Eve?

Seriously, if PWS does it all automatically, no complaints. I was under the impression that AiA required a lot of accident prone (on the installer's behalf) manual installing.

No, I think you are correct. I've been trying to get it running through PWS all afternoon. Even did the IF to A2 mod conversion thing. Still no joy. I *wish* it was as simple as firing up PWS, clicking the total conversion link and starting the game... but in my experience anyway, it is not.

will there be additions to IF like new units etc. or will you just be patching the problems with the port?

This is how I got everything working using PWS. A2, A2OA (A2CO), A3, IF and IF DLC all purchased on Steam:

IF v1.65

Arma 2 v1.11

Arma 2 OA v1.62

Arma 2 CO v1.62

Arma 3 v1.80 (stable)

IF standalone and DLC work perfectly, ran as standalone.

I downloaded, installed and ran the IF>Arma2 mod conversion tool. No errors.

Downloaded IF Arma 1.05->1.06 community patch and installed it. Same with the DLC patch. No errors.

Fired up PWS, switched games to A2, made sure the @IF mod worked. Fine!

Switched back to A3, made a "collection" in PWS of CBA_A3, All in Arma, and IFA3.

Started game, all works well!

Thanks to everyone that made this possible! :)

Am I somehow able to use ArmA III mods with this?

Yes you should be able to, just know what type of mods you are using and what they do, and then compare the functions

of such mods to what Iron front does and or has, overall never hurts to test.

Keep an eye on your rpt for errors or warnings and such.

I've been trying to get it running through PWS all afternoon.

PWS i believe is still being updated and worked on, so nothing final on it.

Keep in mind that for the Arma3 version it still has bugs and or issues, its not stable like the Arma2Co version which we spent more time on,

so give it some time Kju and gang will get it sorted out.

will there be additions to IF like new units etc. or will you just be patching the problems with the port?

For the Arma3 version i think the first thing on the list is to determine what the errors are and fix them.

from my chats with kju this past afternoon one of the plans is to work on a patch, as we have a major list of reports from the community since

March about issues or bugs ect, in the game, so we will be reviewing the list to make sure that v1.06 patch hasn't covered any of them and if so mark them off.

So fix whats already found, and then create a new patch eventually.

As for new units or anything as you asked, that would depend on the community if they are interested, but for my team

at least IFR will be releasing the mods on my list here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/Iron-Front-Revival-Mod-Project-6253251?&trail=15

for the Arma2Co version.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible!

Your welcome Oktyabr, Kju and the group and IFR team are very happy to get all this out to the Iron front community and those new to the game,

i hope that this year will bring some more interesting things to the game that we all can enjoy, and we are working on it!

Can I run this without installing Arma 2 CO? I have no intention of installing Arma 2 again so this is a serious question before I go on and buy the Iron Front standalone.

No. This is A2CO mod (available in A3 through AIA), so A2CO is required and necessary.

This is how I got everything working using PWS. A2, A2OA (A2CO), A3, IF and IF DLC all purchased on Steam:

IF v1.65

Arma 2 v1.11

Arma 2 OA v1.62

Arma 2 CO v1.62

Arma 3 v1.80 (stable)

IF standalone and DLC work perfectly, ran as standalone.

I downloaded, installed and ran the IF>Arma2 mod conversion tool. No errors.

Downloaded IF Arma 1.05->1.06 community patch and installed it. Same with the DLC patch. No errors.

Fired up PWS, switched games to A2, made sure the @IF mod worked. Fine!

Switched back to A3, made a "collection" in PWS of CBA_A3, All in Arma, and IFA3.

Started game, all works well!

Thanks to everyone that made this possible! :)

Actually, it's now even simplier than this. Just choose the Iron Front ArmA3 Modset in PlayWithSIx, install it then hit "launch" and PwS will install the whole thing, picking up IF files and converting them to A2AO @IF folder, then patching it to 1.06. Nothing to do, really :)

Congrats to kju and all the guys involved in this, together with those having worked on the community patch, A3 is so much more interesting with this :)

Edited by ProfTournesol

I got it working at last.... how? I dont know. I messed around with all folders.

But my question is any one playing or would like to. I know it is New year, but maby some is up for a short trip to the eastern front?

Im on Iron Fronts A3 server right now.

THX FOR EPIC MOD!!

Now we just need a Winter map for IF ;)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

I have it working in PWS and am launching with the IronFront mod

When Arma 3 starts though it is loading AllInArma which is also loading all my other content, ToH etc and the menus when browsing the campaigns/scenarios is messy, is this how it is or is there something I can do to just launch IronFront in Arma 3?

well I notice nobody is playing IF for A2/A3 so Im jumping back now to play Iron Front on original game Multiplayer server. Atleast there are players there. :)

Plz join us for New year battle :D

I have it working in PWS and am launching with the IronFront mod

When Arma 3 starts though it is loading AllInArma which is also loading all my other content, ToH etc and the menus when browsing the campaigns/scenarios is messy, is this how it is or is there something I can do to just launch IronFront in Arma 3?

You could either temporary rename the Take on Helicopters installation folder, or configure it to an inexistent path within PwS Games section, so PwS doesnt detect it.

Until we sort out more flexible AllInArma loading.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Actually, it's now even simplier than this. Just choose the Iron Front ArmA3 Modset in PlayWithSIx, install it then hit "launch" and PwS will install the whole thing, picking up IF files and converting them to A2AO @IF folder, then patching it to 1.06. Nothing to do, really :)

Congrats to kju and all the guys involved in this, together with those having worked on the community patch, A3 is so much more interesting with this :)

Yep, the only requirement is manually patching the IF game to 1.05 (internal version 1.65).

We're streamlining and improving the process daily though, I suppose one of these days it wouldn't be strange to find it also patches the game to the required version ... ;-)

Thanks a lot Sickboy, you're doing a wonderful job here.

On a side note, i don't have any US infantry (replaced by A3 vanilla ones) nor Polish troops introduced in the patch (replaced by German soldiers).

Thanks a lot Sickboy, you're doing a wonderful job here.

On a side note, i don't have any US infantry (replaced by A3 vanilla ones) nor Polish troops introduced in the patch (replaced by German soldiers).

People really need to start reading the thread. This issue was not only mentioned in the release text but has been answered numerous times already on this thread. Those involved in releasing this have collectively spent hundreds of man hours organizing and testing and you can't spend five minutes reading what they post?

People really need to start reading the thread. This issue was not only mentioned in the release text but has been answered numerous times already on this thread. Those involved in releasing this have collectively spent hundreds of man hours organizing and testing and you can't spend five minutes reading what they post?

Maybe YOU would like to organize a FAQ for this? ;)

Thanks for the smart comment, but nope it isn't explicit in the release note, and i don't recall anything about Polish troops. BTW i'm supporting Iron Front from the release date (look here) and was involved in the testing group, even if not as active as i would have liked.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Polish troops aka reskinned Germans

I hope, we will be able to expand and improve that faction, it deserves much more. Depends however on future manpower available for such task.

Yeah, i read your post, but i was expecting those : http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1280044074&postcount=2 and so i thought i had some problem somewhere...

Play withSIX now not only supports launching IFA, and converting and patching IFA,

but also patching the original Iron Front game from 1.0, 1.03 or 1.04, to the required 1.05 version!

Works for both the Disk version as well as the Digital download! As of Play withSIX 1.9.548.11

Enjoy!

(I think that warrants the glorious party pic yet again!):

v65gxy.jpg