.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Sick boy you are the man!!!!! Hmmm I think I remember using some of your stuff back as far as OFP days. You and I think Shilouh! I've learned some things from you guys! My thanks! ;)

I think Iron Front should get more attention ( Suggestion for Deepsilver is to push more for commercial advertising campaign more on Steam Sale or somthing? New Trailer maby?) it is a great game and alot of ww2 gameplayers like me love it!!

it just need to get out there in the open so other WW2-gamers who dont know about IF can see it and get hold of it.

So if any one could set up some kind of organized game with either A2/A3 or even main game IF. For all I see now is main game IF server has players.

There are no players for A2 or A3 playing IF ONLINE atm.

I salute you for the work both for making IF and move it over for A2/A3.

Edited by Mr Pedersen

I wonder if I ran this game using A3 the moon-gravity bouncy tanks phenomenon would be resolved? hehe

No, I think you are correct. I've been trying to get it running through PWS all afternoon. Even did the IF to A2 mod conversion thing. Still no joy. I *wish* it was as simple as firing up PWS, clicking the total conversion link and starting the game... but in my experience anyway, it is not.

Hey man! I had the same problem as you, got error messages over the board. I've been troubleshooting with Sickboy and .kju for days, and Sickboy asked a very important question: "What version of PwS do you use?". Without me knowing, there is a new version out that requires a new install. I installed that, and it worked right away. Here is the link for the new version: http://withsix.com/upgrade

That solved all my problems. Same goes out to you manfred, try the new play with six, it solved three days of issues with one click.

Hey man! I had the same problem as you, got error messages over the board. I've been troubleshooting with Sickboy and .kju for days, and Sickboy asked a very important question: "What version of PwS do you use?". Without me knowing, there is a new version out that requires a new install. I installed that, and it worked right away. Here is the link for the new version: http://withsix.com/upgrade

That solved all my problems. Same goes out to you manfred, try the new play with six, it solved three days of issues with one click.

Well, no joy for me. Tried numerous installs with Play With Six. None worked so far. I assume I install the featured modset in PWS called Iron Front Arma 3. Then it should create and convert everything and after that all I have to do is press launch to play the game. That doesn't work for me.

I hope someone can suggest some things to try to resolve this. I really like PWS since when it works it easily installs things and keeps them up to date.

Here are some points that might be useful in diagnosing the problem.

All Arma/Iron front games bought and installed through Steam.

Arma 3 version 1.08.113494

Arma 2 version 1.11.86734

Arma 2 OA version 1.62.95248

Iron Front gives two versions on the main screen lower right 1.05

below that 1.65.0000

Play With Six version 1.9.548.11

I install the Iron Front Arma 3 modset as usual. When it doesn't work I use PWS to delete the mods from my disk, and remove the collection. Then I restart my computer before trying again.

Once PWS asked me to run it as administrator and gave a message stating the conversion would take some time. The conversion didn't work, but I think this might be because I had deleted a folder in Iron Front in previous attempts to fix the problem. I verified IF game cache in Steam and Steam reinstalled a bunch of files. I can play Iron Front the original standalone through steam, just not the Arma 3 converted version. I can also play Arma 2 and Arma2 OA fine as well.

At no other attempt to install the IF Arma 3 modset did PWS state it was going to do the conversion. Also the @IF mod has a size of 0kB according to PWS. Is this normal? I suspect the conversion isn't happening.

I have been running PWS as administrator since it asked that one time.

PWS does take some time to install something (but I don't think it's doing the conversion) and lets me launch the modset. When I launch it I get an error Addon 'colleville_island' requires addon 'staszow_island' as Arma 3 loads.

In Arma 3 scenario Tiger Hunt I get error messages

You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

lib_wheeled, LIB_PzKpfwVI_B, LIB_M4A3_75, and a bunch of others.

Cannot load texture libmaps\staszow_data\middle_mco.paa

If I go into the Arma 3 editor Omaha Beach 1944 is the only new map. When I open that I get error message cannot open object lib\lib_coredata\pyatna\pyatno_big1.p3d

When I place a soldier on the map and preview it I look like a terrorist with a scarf covered head and not like a WWII german soldier. I picked the non-nato faction that I thought was Germany. Also the trees look like they are cut out of the background and replaced with pitch blackness.

I appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions to resolve my problem with installing this with PWS. Thanks!

@UpYoinder999; Please delete the @IF folder from ARMA2 game folder, and PwS will do the conversion again when you click the big green launch button.

Sick boy you are the man!!!!! Hmmm I think I remember using some of your stuff back as far as OFP days. You and I think Shilouh! I've learned some things from you guys! My thanks! ;)

Thanks ;-) I guess Silola! :)

Edited by Sickboy

Lol, I bought the game but I have a feeling that I will never play it :)

@UpYoinder999; Please delete the @IF folder from ARMA2 game folder, and PwS will do the conversion again when you click the big green launch button.

Thanks ;-) I guess Silola! :)

I found @IF in E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead on my computer, but not in arma 2. So I deleted that one. Then I uninstalled the Iron Front - Arma 3 modset/collection. Restarted computer. Reinstalled the modset/collection, with PWS running as administrator.

Again PWS doesn't give me a message stating the conversion has begun, like it did only once before in the many times I've tried this. So I think it didn't do the conversion this time either. In fact I can't find @IF in the arma2 oa path mentioned above or in regular arma 2 either, so it looks like it wasn't created.

When I launch Iron Front - Arma 3 with the big green launch button it gives me this error message while loading Arma 3. 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon "LIB_core'

When Arma 3 is loaded this message pops up No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.LIB_US_MK_2'

I also get the same errors as before when trying to play the Tiger Hunt scenario.

Thank you Sickboy, for helping me resolve this.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

I found @IF in E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead on my computer, but not in arma 2. So I deleted that one. Then I uninstalled the Iron Front - Arma 3 modset/collection. Restarted computer. Reinstalled the modset/collection, with PWS running as administrator.

Again PWS doesn't give me a message stating the conversion has begun, like it did only once before in the many times I've tried this. So I think it didn't do the conversion this time either. In fact I can't find @IF in the arma2 oa path mentioned above or in regular arma 2 either, so it looks like it wasn't created.

When I launch Iron Front - Arma 3 with the big green launch button it gives me this error message while loading Arma 3. 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon "LIB_core'

When Arma 3 is loaded this message pops up No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.LIB_US_MK_2'

I also get the same errors as before when trying to play the Tiger Hunt scenario.

Thank you Sickboy, for helping me resolve this.

Just saw there is a new update for PWS 1.9.549.2 Tried a reinstall with the new update, but it gives the save result as before.

If you deleted the @IF mod folder from arma2 (Operation arrowhead) then it should definitely come with the IF install dialog when you hit the big green Launch button while the IFA3 or IFA2 modset is active. (It is active if you see the corresponding icon on the left)

These sets are accessible under Featured. Activation only happens if you double click the IFA item (or right click -> activate modset).

Edited by Sickboy

Hey KJU looks like Bis should hire you in sales. I bet IF sales shot up sense this release. Not to mention its much better than original IF. That says a lot considering this is an early release. ;)

Don't you mean AWAR/Deep Silver? AWAR/DS wouldn't hire Kju anyway ... his ability to successfully execute and deliver a great product is a completely alien notion to them. They just wouldn't understand.

Don't you mean AWAR/Deep Silver? AWAR/DS wouldn't hire Kju anyway ... his ability to successfully execute and deliver a great product is a completely alien notion to them. They just wouldn't understand.

LOL hahahahahahah thats funny and probably true, but didn't they hire the Author of DayZ? ;)

BTW lol I guess that means I'm a candidate for hiring then. hahahahahhaha

If you deleted the @IF mod folder from arma2 (Operation arrowhead) then it should definitely come with the IF install dialog when you hit the big green Launch button while the IFA3 or IFA2 modset is active. (It is active if you see the corresponding icon on the left)

These sets are accessible under Featured. Activation only happens if you double click the IFA item (or right click -> activate modset).

Well I think we're making progress, but we're not quite there yet.I tried again and noticed that there was another update for PWS and also this time for the @IFA3 mod. After doing the usual uninstall/reinstall with the updates, I got the big green launch button and when I pressed it a dialog box popped up saying

"Iron Front Setup. Please confirm the installation of Iron Front by clicking OK. Note: The conversion and patching process will take several minutes - please be patient."

So I clicked OK and the launch button went from big green to big grey. There was no other indication it was doing anything. I waited at the computer for 10 minutes then left and came back 1/2 hour later. Arma 3 was trying to load at that time, so it took between 10-30 minutes to do the conversion. However, there was the same error message as before 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon "LIB_core'

But after that I saw some WWII screen images pop up as Arma 3 finished loading so there is definitely something converted and progress has been made.

However after loading I still got the same error messages as I described before. So some images of WWII planes and tanks as loading screens made it, but much important stuff is still missing. I couldn't play any scenarios and the editor is still messed up. Same errors as I mentioned before.

After I exited Arma 3, I pressed the green PWS launch button again just for fun, and it started the conversion process again. So I'm not sure what's going on there either. Converting a second time didn't change anything. Still same errors.

At least it's trying to convert stuff now, so I'm glad for that.

Thanks again for your help.

DOH! I never should have deleted my @IF folder (in A2OA)... but I did because I wanted to try the new PWS method. It took a LONG time to convert, 20 minutes at least, but it completed without errors.

Now I'm getting US troops spawning in their underwear (modern troops) with modern helmets and vintage rifles. If I look for them in the editor I find them under Independent side too, not BLUFOR, so playing any of the original IF missions is out of the question.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Starting it again in PWS with "IFA3" gives me this error now too: Addon 'Lib_IronFrontArmaCompatibilityAddon' requires addon 'A_Crane_02' ?!?!?

DOH! I never should have deleted my @IF folder (in A2OA)... but I did because I wanted to try the new PWS method. It took a LONG time to convert, 20 minutes at least, but it completed without errors.

Now I'm getting US troops spawning in their underwear (modern troops) with modern helmets and vintage rifles. If I look for them in the editor I find them under Independent side too, not BLUFOR, so playing any of the original IF missions is out of the question.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Starting it again in PWS with "IFA3" gives me this error now too: Addon 'Lib_IronFrontArmaCompatibilityAddon' requires addon 'A_Crane_02' ?!?!?

it is a known issue that the soldiers have modern gear and in the original game they were found under allies so you could choose who's side they were on, just like independant

D

[/color]Starting it again in PWS with "IFA3" gives me this error now too: Addon 'Lib_IronFrontArmaCompatibilityAddon' requires addon 'A_Crane_02' ?!?!?

Don't just start it with @IFA3. You have to start the whole the collection (3 mods). PWS is a bit confusing tbh.

Don't just start it with @IFA3. You have to start the whole the collection (3 mods). PWS is a bit confusing tbh.

Now that's the way I started it before, when I had it all installed and working manually. From an earlier post I made: "Switched back to A3, made a "collection" in PWS of CBA_A3, All in Arma, and IFA3."

But I thought from further reading that the IFA3 mod should automatically load the dependencies?

From the start the support was only available in the built-in modsets under the Featured section. From latest PwS builds it might just work even if not using those, but no guarantees ;)

Supporting the IFA conversion and installation isn't just the ordinary run of the mill deal.. :)

There's a lot of variables and factors involved, many moving parts.. The support had to be custom-built from scratch.

Having the wrong patched order, or corrupted installation in anyway can result in all sorts of issues.

The official IF game patches, and the community patches require you to click on OK once done. Kju is looking into solutions to make them silent though afaik.

In case of still issues, best post your logs (pws, arma3/2 rpt, and pws par file); https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

Edited by Sickboy

Supporting the IFA conversion and installation isn't just the ordinary run of the mill deal.. :)

There's a lot of variables and factors involved, many moving parts.. The support had to be custom-built from scratch.

In case of still issues, best post your logs (pws, arma3/2 rpt, and pws par file); https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

And I certainly appreciate that! And you guys were VERY fast getting it up and running too! Hopefully the simplicity will entice others to take the plunge into this conversion... because the manual method left a bit to be desired ;)

What really needs to happen is getting the US textures right and making it so the IF missions can be played via PWS+IFA3 "out of the box". I know that's not really your area though.

Still, this is one of the mods I am most deeply interested in, more so once the ALiVE team finishes beating their testers to death and make an IFA3 compatible release ;)

I'm very much a PWS fanboy, regardless of the results of my "first thing in the morning" impromptu beta-"let's see if I can break this and fix it through PWS"-testing sessions. :)

Hello everyone and happy new year :bounce3:

I am very sorry for the lack of assistance and responses so far!

The two main reasons were me being gone for a few days and after that all efforts went into

simplifying the setup process and getting the first hotfix for A3 out. The next community patch should follow very soon.

The latest 1.9 Play withSIX version will take care of patching Iron Front, the conversion process, applying the community patch and

handles the dependencies of the Arma 3 version. Learn more at Iron Front in Arma - The easy way also featuring a 3 minute video tutorial.

Note: If you have a broken setup and want to use Play withSIX to take care of it,

you need to delete the following modfolders first from your Operation Arrowhead game folder:

• @IF
  • @IF_Other_Addons
  • @IFA3M
  • @LIB_DLC_1

If you still have issues with the install, please post them in this thread.

In addition I want announce also in here the standalone AllInArma version to become available soon.

This means it will no longer be necessary to have A2/OA/DLCs for Iron Front in Arma 3 and simplify things a good deal.

Finally please understand that the publisher has set the limitations that makes this whole things so complex and hard to handle.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2590535']

In addition I want announce also in here the standalone AllInArma version to become available soon.

This means it will no longer be necessary to have A2/OA/DLCs for Iron Front in Arma 3 and simplify things a good deal.

:bounce3::pet13::627::cheers::thumb_down::hyper:

Happy New Year!

:icon_dj: Awesome news KJU!!!!! Thanks for your efforts and hard work!!!!