.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

NVM: Fixed my issue.

@kju: The bit about downloading @IFA3 to the A3 folder doesn't actually appear in the full Manual Install instructions (only in the Short Summary at the top).

Edited by Defunkt
Problem Solved

under Prerequisites

Download the @IFA3 mod from the files section and extract to your Arma 3 game folder

:)

Has anyone else had an issue where when you spawn inside a tank crew position but the view is like your model is under the tank? After exiting and re-entering the tank the view comes back to normal.

Wow, looks really good. But I don't have Iron Front. *Wait for Invasion 1944*

Then you will have to wait for a long time, BIS have not yet even released the visitor 4 for island making. I suggest you jump on the Iron Front train and join the fun.

Cost not much on steam!

Latest version via PWS latest beta. Getting this error:

"Error: creating weapon LIB_M1_Carbine with scope=private."

Latest version via PWS latest beta. Getting this error:

"Error: creating weapon LIB_M1_Carbine with scope=private."

It's a known issue for people without the IF DLC, it should be sorted next days according to kju.

It's a known issue for people without the IF DLC, it should be sorted next days according to kju.

I have the IF DLC (purchased both via Steam) and today is the first time I've gotten this error. :confused_o:

I launch the mod through Playwith six, the game loads and I see Ironfront splash screens in he loading but when I goto editor to place down Tanks and Guns I don't see them in the pull down ?

There is a new ''mod pack'' for Iron Front on Play With Six. The only thing you have to do is to have a clean install of ArmA 2, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, ArmA 3 and Iron Front. Install the ''Conversion pack'' and let Play With Six do the work for you.

If the German have their own language and such, this game has much and much potential. It already has much immersion. This with the ArmA III engine and possibly mods like Battle of the Bulge, Siegfried line or whatever, it's fun for like years!

Some screenshots. I remember playing Forgotten Hope 1942 and Forgotten Hope 2, enjoyed that mod for years and years, it had all the theatres, Africa, Italy, Pacific, Russia, Eastern Europe, The Netherlands and such, but now with this mod/conversion and modders being able to make some cool mods for Iron Front ''2'', it's already my favorite game of upcoming years!

a4aq.jpg

tnz1.jpg

mkqy.jpg

q6v7.jpg

4x1r.jpg

3cgm.jpg

Edited by DannyNickelov

Nice shots! They look great with A3's posture system... almost like it was a native A3 expansion :) Can hardly wait for it to be finished... I really want US troops to play with!

Why can I get mine to work, ? I have all the games needed A2/OA IronFront and Arma 3 I install it through playwithsix, and seems all to be going well, but every time I launch it it tells me it needs to go through a process and then starts downloading each time, and when I get in-game most of the Ironfront stuff is not there ?

---------- Post added 01-08-2014 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-07-2014 at 11:27 PM ----------

Also is it normal that each time I try to launch Ironfront -A3 that it askes me if I have Ironfront and then starts processing something ?

As a way of finding some good use for PlayWithSix (I find the design totally bizarre, and self-indulgently eccentric.) I'm working through IF/A3 with this video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/h0xhFqrOkt2 ... lovely thing, and I'm grateful for it.

But after a long time churning away, step by step, PWS has stalled at 66.7% ... no error message, no data alert, nothing ... it isn't locked up, it's just stalled.

Any way to jog it free? shall I halt it and begin again?

As a way of finding some good use for PlayWithSix (I find the design totally bizarre, and self-indulgently eccentric.) I'm working through IF/A3 with this video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/h0xhFqrOkt2 ... lovely thing, and I'm grateful for it.

But after a long time churning away, step by step, PWS has stalled at 66.7% ... no error message, no data alert, nothing ... it isn't locked up, it's just stalled.

Any way to jog it free? shall I halt it and begin again?

What does the Status window say? (activate by clicking the status arrow above the progressbar.

Sounds like it's downloading the game or unofficial patches, or might be waiting on your input to click OK in patch window?

What does the Status window say? (activate by clicking the status arrow above the progressbar.
The very info-full detailed view showed no activity.

More precisely: 2 of 3 sections completed (IIRC), the 3rd not budging; readout frozen at 66.7% or something like that.

Sounds like it's downloading the game or unofficial patches, or might be waiting on your input to click OK in patch window?
Dunno. Waited over an hour, just in case.

Restarted; stepped through the process; it completed in double-quick time.

Sorry I've got nothing diagnostic to add.

Edited by Tremblay
added a bit of detail

theres no server on six, where can i find them, i have been searching. or is there any

Looks great. I'd love to give it a try, but I can't be bothered to re-download A2 and OA all over again.

Too bad the mod requires both the original A2 and the OA expansion, else I'd be playing IF right this minute.

I think the tanks behave physically better than those A2 ones imported via AiA.. is it that hard to import the speech files?

They are working on IF standalone so you won't need Arma 2 and OA to play it. I wait for it as well, reinstalling Arma 2 and OA on my SSD is not an option. :)

;2592140']@ sttosin

In @AllInArma\Core\addons you need the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo.

Also you cannot mix IFA3 with other A2 infantry addons/mods.

Thanks @kju. I have the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo. My AiA is managed by pws. I uninstalled/reinstalled A2, A2OA, used pws with no luck. I purchased IF because of this thread. I am hoping to get this to work. Models are still stretching.

Finally got it working in ARMA 3 using the screencast. However, when I tried to start the German campaign ("Fatherland"?), it stops doing anything at the Grenade training. The intro up to that point works fine, but after the LT gives a speech about grenades, it just shows the soldiers in a line, milling about. The simulation is still running (guys in the distance doing patrols, etc) but even after waiting like 5 minutes, it never actually moves on to the grenade practice.

I tried this in both English and German voice modes...same problem.

@ rehtus777

Did you get it work fine by now via PWS?

@ Mikey74

The US faction is simply not yet done. So we had to use something as temporary replacement.

Hopefully it will be ready with the next community patch.

@ Pilot996

Unfortunately BI changed the volume computation for sounds nor did document how to adjust their configuration.

@ Flemdot Jr

The Polish units are not yet done. So we had to use something as temporary replacement.

New content is and will coming from the IFR team and others. This project's focus is on bringing Iron Front itself to Arma.

@ Magirot

For Russian citiziens there are only very few options available. Try to PM tierprot and see if you two can figure something out. :)

@ Gunny1979

Awesome - very much looking forward to it!

@ JMDECC

What is the number of sound samples you set in sound options?

In general please report crashes at the A3 feedback tracker.

@ scrim

Iron Front requires A2 data. However the AiA standalone version will make things a lot easier.

@ OFPsince06

In Play withSIX you can create a collection from the Iron Front - Arma 3 modset and just add additionals mods to it.

@ Nikiforos, Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Wait for AiA standalone.

@ Avigrace

The menus are BI's faulty breaking backwards compatibility once again.. can't fix it sorry.

TKOH stuff is available as people might want to use the terrains with Iron Front.

If you use the manual.bat, you can adjust the modline and disable TKOH.

@ Mr Pedersen

Best to join a group or participate in events.

To establish public play for a mod is pretty hard. Especially with these requirements we have to comply with..

@ Pulstar

As mentioned in the release post, we are looking for modellers to help port the tanks to the A3 system.

@ UpYonder999

Sorry for all your troubles with the install!

Unfortunately it is a complex process and the involved holder of rights did not allow anything else.

Your most recent report says that it was not able to load (all) A2 data. How did you launch it?

Make sure to use the "Iron Front - Arma 3" modset. Not just the @IFA3 mod.

@ Oktyabr

"requires addon 'A_Crane_02'" says that it was not able to load A2 data along.

How did you launch it? Did you re/move A2? Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma.

Also you have to use the "Iron Front - Arma 3" modset. Not just the @IFA3 mod.

@ Tasty424

Sorry to hear this still happens. I spend crazy amount of time trying to stop it.

BI changed/bugged the handleDamage eventhandler system in A3 - Iron Front's custom damage is completely reliant on it.

Hope to get it fully sorted in the upcoming patch.

@ SpanishSurfer

Updated version of Blitzkrieg for A3 will be available in the coming days.

@ Mikey74

Did you make sure to load the DLC along?

Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma.

@ Oktyabr

Thanks. Will be fixed in the next @IFA3 update.

@ DannyNickelov, Pulstar

We spent a lot of time to get the languages working, yet no luck.

BI needs to release some documentation about it..

@ Gh0st AACF

Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma.

@ creepass

Check the wiki for the test server. Unfortunately the A3 one is crashing very frequently.

@ Metalvenom

Again great stuff. Very much appreciated. :)

@ sttosin

Please provide the rpt file of a session you tried to launch IF in Arma. Some screenshots would be helpful too.

@ snubz

To play the campaigns in A3, you either have to skip missions with cheats or play it in A2:CO.

BI just broke way too much to have it working in A3. :(

You are a pro .kju [PvPscene].You answer to everybody and you are a professional by doing so much for the community. I look forward to the AiA standalone :)

Keep it up mate!

;2595935']@ rehtus777

@ UpYonder999

Sorry for all your troubles with the install!

Unfortunately it is a complex process and the involved holder of rights did not allow anything else.

Your most recent report says that it was not able to load (all) A2 data. How did you launch it?

Make sure to use the "Iron Front - Arma 3" modset. Not just the @IFA3 mod.

I launch using PWS. I made an Iron Front collection following the instructions in your video, so I'm using the Iron Front - Arma 3 modset which includes more than just @IFA3. I've played a couple scenarios and they work, but I get occasional errors like

Addon "LIB.IronFront Arma Compatibility Addon" requires 'missions_ew'

cannot open object ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_timbers.p3d

In the Normandy single player scenario, my squad and I are all in our underwear. No uniforms, playing as Americans.

These errors don't affect gameplay much as far as I can tell and I assume these are bugs you're still sorting out?

I do have one thing I can't figure out.

When using the editor I can't get the Germans and Americans to fight each other. It seems they are on the same side against the Russians. Germans and Americans will fight Russians, but I can't get the Germans and Americans to fight each other. If I'm Amercan and shoot a German I get shot by my own troops as well as the Germans. At the recruit level the Germans and Americans have a green circle on their figures in game and the Russians have a red circle, which I guess indicates friendlies and enemies.

I'm not that familiar with using the editor and creating scenarios, so maybe I'm not doing something right?

For the size and scope of the project you are doing, I'd say things are going pretty well. I'm amazed at the dedication and talent people have for enhancing this game. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Edited by UpYonder999

would be my reason to play arma 3 if a2 and oa were not needed.

Great release anyway