.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

SO.. I'm having a slight problem when playing the mod. When I manage to shoot a tank to the point where it blows up, it will make the game lagg like crazy. After the inital explosion of the tank, it will explode again, multiple times. over and over and over and over again sevral times per second, with huge fireballs aswell making the fps drop down to almost 1.. and it will keep exploding for MINUTES.. Is this a problem with the mod, arma 3 or IF? Any insight on this would be great, because if its a problem within the mod Then I can report it as an issue. Thanks :)

SO.. I'm having a slight problem when playing the mod. When I manage to shoot a tank to the point where it blows up, it will make the game lagg like crazy. After the inital explosion of the tank, it will explode again, multiple times. over and over and over and over again sevral times per second, with huge fireballs aswell making the fps drop down to almost 1.. and it will keep exploding for MINUTES.. Is this a problem with the mod, arma 3 or IF? Any insight on this would be great, because if its a problem within the mod Then I can report it as an issue. Thanks :)

Same problem for me. I don't recall such a problem in IF.

Now we just need PLAYERS! I have not seen any one online for A3/A2.

Buy Iron Front on Steam for 19,99€

I play the main game at the moment as there are no A2/A3 players online. But main game is Epic online too!!

You can get IF and the DLC for as little as £10 using the affiliate site ! (which I did by the way :) )

My pederson Where are you playing at and when? I may not be able too this week, but maybe next week I can get with ya. BTW I stink, but better than no one. lol

My pederson Where are you playing at and when? I may not be able too this week, but maybe next week I can get with ya. BTW I stink, but better than no one. lol

At the moment I play the main game IF. We just have to wait and see if there will be anything for A3?

I have some thoughts of making a Winter Island for IF for A3.

Eastern front in Winter.

so much to pick from, is endless.

Suburbs of Stalingrad.

or what ever, Russians advance on Germany.

Well well, we will see... First we need Visitor 4!!

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Ohh Stalingrad, memories :)

BTW I have the game but still wait for an update from kju so I can play it without ARMA2 and CO.

I like what I see but I keep calm until further update;)

@MrP ahh yeh I was wondering if they would be releasing a new Visitor.

@Nik Yup I agree would be less lag I think without ALLinArma. But It still works out pretty good and I have manny hours now under my belt of play time with IF mod either way. ;)

Now we just need PLAYERS! I have not seen any one online for A3/A2.

Buy Iron Front on Steam for 19,99€

I play the main game at the moment as there are no A2/A3 players online. But main game is Epic online too!!

It's $3.75/£2.50 on Gamersgate now.

If it weren't so sad..

at GamersGate

10€ for Iron Front

5€ for the DLC

or 3.75€ for both

If you buy it, do it please over the affiliate link.

With commission of 30 cents, it would only take some *65000 people to buy it to make up for the effort..

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2590535']

If you still have issues with the install' date=' please post them in this thread.

.[/quote']

So, I'm still having trouble installing Iron Front Arma 3.

First, I decided to try first installing it to Arma 2 CO with PWS. I've watched the PWS IF installation video twice, so I think I know how to do it.

When I try to install, PWS gives me a message stating I haven't supplied a CD key to verify my purchase of the game and to start Steam as administrator to supply the key. So I've done this and Steam does give me a key for Arma 2 and Iron Front. It says to type in the key when the game asks for it.

The problem is neither game ever asks for the key. I've started single player scenarios in each game, IF and Arma 2 but I can play them without needing to give the game my CD key. So how do I give these games my key?

I bought both these games last week just for this mod.

Thanks for your help.

So, I'm still having trouble installing Iron Front Arma 3.

First, I decided to try first installing it to Arma 2 CO with PWS. I've watched the PWS IF installation video twice, so I think I know how to do it.

When I try to install, PWS gives me a message stating I haven't supplied a CD key to verify my purchase of the game and to start Steam as administrator to supply the key. So I've done this and Steam does give me a key for Arma 2 and Iron Front. It says to type in the key when the game asks for it.

The problem is neither game ever asks for the key. I've started single player scenarios in each game, IF and Arma 2 but I can play them without needing to give the game my CD key. So how do I give these games my key?

I bought both these games last week just for this mod.

Thanks for your help.

Tried it again. Apparently running steam as administrator and playing the games loads the CD keys or something. Anyway the Iron Front Arma 2 conversion was successful for the most part. I could play the Tiger Hunt scenario. There were a couple hopefully minor errors.

Addon "LIB.IronFront Arma Compatibility Addon" requires ' addon 'A_Crane_02'

cannot open object ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_timbers.p3d

Haven't tried the Arma 3 IF conversion yet.

P.S. Just tried Arma 3 IF conversion. It worked, but again get a few hopefully minor errors when playing.

Addon "LIB.IronFront Arma Compatibility Addon" requires 'missions_ew'

cannot load texture ca\water\data\antiwater_ca.paa

Thanks for all your hard work to make this project happen! Cheers.

Edited by UpYonder999

That's bad, thank you for the answer!

Does it matter? You won't be launching IF itself anyways, you merely need the data to run this mod.

Does it matter? You won't be launching IF itself anyways, you merely need the data to run this mod.

Yes it matters, at least for me

Again sorry for the very late response :(

Also just first 100 comments for now. Hope to finish up the remaining tomorrow.

---

@ Tonci87

IF Missions and Campaigns should work. Not all features work in the A3 version (yet). The DLC is optional.

@ Mr. Charles, St. Jimmy, Mr Pedersen, Call_911, Jinzor, Dirty Haz

Did you guys get it to work by now? Did you try the setup via Play withSIX?

If not, please provide the rpt log file.

@ SavageCDN

Looking into affiliate links for IF or DLC only.

Steam has no such program in general..

@ Nikiforos

The standalone AiA version is WIP. Should become available soon.

@ VirtualVikingX, ARJay

The US faction is simply not yet done. So we had to use something as temporary replacement.

Hopefully it will be ready with the next community patch.

@ Flemdot Jr

Did you apply the 1.01 community patch for the DLC?

@ natethegreat

The A3 test server crashes rather often. I restart it once I notice it being down.

You need to run all Arma games and Iron Front once with admin permissions for steam to set the registry entries.

Also run the patch with admin permissions, if you have issues.

Finally the @IFA3M folder is in the OA game folder due to restrictions by the publisher..

@ TheCapulet

Do NOT use the dev branch for AiA / IFA3. It bugs the animation and you cannot pick up weapons from ammo crates.

In addition please upload your rpt log file - it seems your AiA install or modline is faulty with all the errors you get.

@ Rydygier

The US models were available when we still used the old skeleton.

As SOV and GER are now A3 tech, and the US as noted not yet ready, they cannot be mixed and hence dummy replacements had to be used for the US.

The long game launch time seems due to the mix of A2 and A3 skeleton on the data level.

It is not enterily clear how to fix this. Maybe execluding all A2 infantry p3d from the data is enough.

Or we have to binarize all rtm with the new A3 skeleton again.. Or BI would just keep backwards compatibility in mind..

@ Mr Pedersen

Either you need to run the patch with admin permissions or your install got corrupted.

For the later you need to reinstall and patch again. Make sure to use the right type.

If it happens again, its indicating a hardware problem (HDD/RAM/Board).

@ rehtus777

Will release an update of the A3 Blitzkrieg pack very soon that will include the Iron Front missions and their modsets. :)

To port missions just rename IFA to PBO in the windows explorer, and move them to OA\mpmissions or A3\mpmissions

I remember reading some issue about stretched character model but can't find it. I have that problem. My conversion seemed flawless. I have also used pws approach but still have issues with stretchy character. Any help?

@ sttosin

In @AllInArma\Core\addons you need the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo.

Also you cannot mix IFA3 with other A2 infantry addons/mods.

This is a double post from the thread Iron Front as mod in Arma 2. If either one should be removed, I'd like to ask to keep this reply and the one in ArmA II-discussion be removed.

Hello community, long time no see!

I made a thread about "Iron Front as mod.." to spark interest in a forum elsewhere. I'll let the same content, although with some minor changes, serve its purpose also in here.

The text in itself is not a bug report of any sort and it might very likely include issues already posted in this thread.

Should there be factual errors I ask to point them out so I'm able to correct them accordingly :)

Open the spoiler tag to see the text:

Made a couple of videos to show Iron Front as both ArmA II & III mod. Both versions have a small patrol mission carried out in one of the smaller towns that is found from Iron Front's largest map, Staszow.

Both missions include the same dynamic patrol where the route of the AI group varies between gameplays. The patrol is created with easy-to-use script from Kronzky that is available for ArmA II & III: http://kronzky.info/ups/

ArmA II & III video settings are set as identical as those were possible to set. ArmA III as later generation game naturally allows for more tweaking with video settings and so is also able to produce more realistic environmental effects. I've noted down some observations from the gameplay after the two videos.

Iron Front in ArmA II:

Iron Front in ArmA III:

Observations during gameplay:

FPS

- ArmA III is showing slightly better performance while playing. While recording the gameplay most of the time FPS was stable 30 (capped to max. 30, min. can vary [i'm using Fraps to record the videos]) although occasional drops to 27-29 were noted.

- ArmA II is worse performance wise with an average FPS of 25 while recording with much more fluctuation around the average (+2, -2 FPS) compared to that of ArmA III's.

- ArmA III is giving much more to look at with less impact in framerates.

Movement

- ArmA III's new stance and movement system is much more intuitive and fluid for CQB, which makes it an enjoyment to play with compared to ArmA II.

Misc.

- With ArmA III ragdoll animations are already present

- Note about ArmA II:

the creators of Iron Front did implement physics to some objects in the game. This has a significant toll on performance (FPS drop) for some seconds and only for the first time the physics engine steps into play.

Example: soldiers might lose their helmets when shot in the head, the helmet goes rolling on the ground 'realistically' (as the laws of physics would dictate) which is causing the FPS to drop for a certain amount of time. As stated earlier, subsequent 'physics events' like the helmet drops do not anymore create FPS drop after the first one.

- Iron Front as a mod in ArmA II still works better "out-of-the-box", like the campaign, native voices of German and Russian in radio communication while as a mod to ArmA III radio communications are spoken in English language (ArmA III default).

Single player campaign (Soviet and German)

- With ArmA III Soviet campaign did seem to work, but some notes follow: all the characters are using the same face texture (this applies to editor made missions too), the main character was wandering around in his underwear while wearing a tactical belt with canteen and a knife (I did only play the introduction mission) probably because of a uniform texture missing.

- With ArmA III German campaign doesn't seem to even want to begin because of a missing texture and no possibility to work around the popping up warning icon (Soviet campaign has a similar problem but that can be overcome just by closing the warning icon).

With these tests I'd still choose to play Iron Front as a mod for ArmA III rather than with ArmA II. Only thing that I haven't yet given a run through is the multiplayer for either version. There seems to be one server for each game but those have been empty so far. If the multiplayer missions and everything including work a'ok ArmA III is the way to go.

Still as the situation stands currently we won't be able to play Iron Front as an exclusive mod to ArmA III, but need also ArmA II to join these two together.

Thanks to all the parties involved in making this possible and for the Community That Made This Happen with their undoubtedly relentless work to bring the old champ back in the ring!

Edited by Amontieri

Hi KJU and AllInArma Crew. I have an Idea for a work around for US troops uniforms. 1st I have a question. In the latest update and now even when I role back IF on PWS I cannot find US troops in menu. Did you guys disable this? IF so how do I reinable them? Once I figure this out I'd like to test my theory of a work around. If it works I'll send it to you and then if you guys like it you can use it in IF mod.