nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

It's OK nkey, after a sleepless night (literally) someone came on TS and 'looked over my shoulder' and pointed out that the mission (patrol operations 3.1) already had a TaskForce script that sets

"tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = false;"

...so it was undoing what I was trying to do after my script had run!

Thanks for speedy response again though.

Now to try and get headless clients working again.......

EDIT:

Oh, and I 'stole' some script from the Patrol Ops mission too that checked

isClass(configFile/"CfgPatches"/"task_force_radio");

before executing the TFR scripts, to avoid errors for those not running the mod. (So other people can avoid sleepless nights)

Just wondering, maybe someone have skills to create image for R168-0.1UME (current russian "rifleman radio" in monoblock variant) ?

so

its me again

two questions:

any news for the ability to mute the own player?

is it possible to change the general volume for all players talking (sort of fadeSound just for TFAR so that im able to lower the volume of all players when the own player gets deafer)

so

its me again

two questions:

any news for the ability to mute the own player?

is it possible to change the general volume for all players talking (sort of fadeSound just for TFAR so that im able to lower the volume of all players when the own player gets deafer)

Hello.

Both methods will be added soon (limiting max player voice level). And I'll be happy if you integrate them into XMedSys. Also, if you want - I'll send your dev build when its be ready.

Hello.

Both methods will be added soon (limiting max player voice level). And I'll be happy if you integrate them into XMedSys. Also, if you want - I'll send your dev build when its be ready.

would be nice if you could do ^^

Do you plan to make radio over hearing fethure? what i want to tell is if one person has radio and others don't have, can others hear radio? Not directly but in close range with low sound

if one person has radio and others don't have, can others hear radio? Not directly but in close range with low sound

They can. You can use CTRL + TAB to change your speech volume (talk - shout - whisper).

They can. You can use CTRL + TAB to change your speech volume (talk - shout - whisper).

Well doesn't it work for voice? not radio income traffic?

What i want to tell is let the others can heard Squad leader's Longrange radio traffic without even have it

is it possible?

Do you plan to make radio over hearing fethure? what i want to tell is if one person has radio and others don't have, can others hear radio? Not directly but in close range with low sound

Planned, but not for next update (not easy to implement).

Planned, but not for next update (not easy to implement).

Cheers sir.

Anyone else getting the API mismatch error on TS version 3.0.12?? (stable version for ACRE, so I have to use it for now). The TFAR uses API ver. 20, but TS is requiring ver. 19.

I can't use the plugin so nothing works in game.

is there any way i can add a long range radio to a vehicle that doesn't have one, such as the civilian offroad vehicle?

@J. Patterson, in your @task_force_radio, there should be plugins available still for 3.0.13..

@FartParty, in the current version no, but it is coming in the next version.

i like your mod! Keep up the good work, this is really one of the best mods out there. I have 2 questions.

- when someone dies, he hear all other players while the respawn countdown drops down to zero. This is normal? Can this be fixed? Or is the only way the PvP mode?

- a friend yesterday had a strange problem. he needs everytime he respawned set the radio to active. If he dont do this he cant talk or hear s.t. over radio? Never saw that. Is this known? is there a solution for this?

i like your mod! Keep up the good work, this is really one of the best mods out there. I have 2 questions.

- when someone dies, he hear all other players while the respawn countdown drops down to zero. This is normal? Can this be fixed? Or is the only way the PvP mode?

- a friend yesterday had a strange problem. he needs everytime he respawned set the radio to active. If he dont do this he cant talk or hear s.t. over radio? Never saw that. Is this known? is there a solution for this?

Hello.

1) check for "serious mode" in documentation

2) probably bug.... Can you please send link to map you played?

2) only he had the problem. he hadnt used TFR befor, he installed the newest version with newest TS3 0.14 support. we played the newest "BEcti zerty's version" warfare. Perhaps he can make a screenshot these days.

@J. Patterson, in your @task_force_radio, there should be plugins available still for 3.0.13..

Thanks! It worked (I'm using 3.0.11.1 for my unit, but the 3.0.13 file works just as well).

My friends and i use TS 3.0.14 and we all have the same problem I mean the task force plugin doesn't appear on the pannel with the others plugins. So We can't activate it. Do we have to re-install 3.0.13 or what ? :)

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

My friends and i use TS 3.0.14 and we all have the same problem I mean the task force plugin doesn't appear on the pannel with the others plugins. So We can't activate it. Do we have to re-install 3.0.13 or what ? :)

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Check few posts before please :)

With this in the init:

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

tf_freq_west = [0 ,7, "31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39",0];

tf_freq_west_lr = [3 ,7, "31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39",0];

On a dedicated server, if a player starts in a vehicle ( this moveInDriver VehNATO_TH1; )

then the vehicle's long range radio will just get random frequencys instead of the assigned freqs.

I think the problem starts with the call in client.sqf (line 353):

_value = (group player) getVariable "tf_lr_frequency";

if (isNil "_value") then {

_value = call generateLrSettings;

};

that is being run before server has a chance to set the variable because Server.sqf has a "waitUntil {time > 0};" on line 36.

So I think there is a bad race condition where client is checking for variable before the server can push it out. I think this could be fixed by having the client wait until the server has gotten though with it's while loop at least once. Something like:

_value = (group player) getVariable "tf_lr_frequency";

if (tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side) then {waitUntil {_value = (group player) getVariable "tf_lr_frequency"; !isNil "_value";}

Hello nkey,

First of all, thank you for your great mod and for filling an important gap in Arma 3. Our clan and most of the Spanish clans I know of use it extensively.

Because of the change in the TS API as of version 3.0.14, you have been forced to rebuild the TFR DLL and re-package them into the mod zip file for distribution. I can see that you clearly have specified in the website from which the mod can be downloaded that the version is v0.8.3 (03-13-2014), and also added a note saying it is compatible with TS 3.0.14.

I understand that the mod code base has not changed and therefore the version number should not change, but it is clear that the date is meaningful to the contents of the package. Could I suggest the date be also appended to the mod zip file, so instead of 0.8.3.zip we have something like 0.8.3-2014-13-03.zip ? That would work as some kind of build number and would let people understand that is a different build.

Being a software engineer myself with some years of professional development on my back (not in the game industry unfortunately) I know these little things in versioning a package can lead to a great deal of confusion sometimes.

Anyway, hope it helps.

Regards,

Alonso.

PD: tried to send this as a PM but was not allowed because I had never post in the forum :-(

Alonso;2648418']Could I suggest the date be also appended to the mod zip file' date=' so instead of 0.8.3.zip we have something like 0.8.3-2014-13-03.zip ? That would work as some kind of build number and would let people understand that is a different build.

[/quote']

Good suggestion!

With this in the init:

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

tf_freq_west = [0 ,7, "31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39",0];

tf_freq_west_lr = [3 ,7, "31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39",0];

On a dedicated server, if a player starts in a vehicle ( this moveInDriver VehNATO_TH1; )

then the vehicle's long range radio will just get random frequencys instead of the assigned freqs.

I think the problem starts with the call in client.sqf (line 353):

that is being run before server has a chance to set the variable because Server.sqf has a "waitUntil {time > 0};" on line 36.

So I think there is a bad race condition where client is checking for variable before the server can push it out. I think this could be fixed by having the client wait until the server has gotten though with it's while loop at least once. Something like:

Thanks for help, I'll try to find workaround.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Alonso;2648418']Hello nkey' date='

First of all, thank you for your great mod and for filling an important gap in Arma 3. Our clan and most of the Spanish clans I know of use it extensively.

Because of the change in the TS API as of version 3.0.14, you have been forced to rebuild the TFR DLL and re-package them into the mod zip file for distribution. I can see that you clearly have specified in the website from which the mod can be downloaded that the version is v0.8.3 (03-13-2014), and also added a note saying it is compatible with TS 3.0.14.

I understand that the mod code base has not changed and therefore the version number should not change, but it is clear that the date is meaningful to the contents of the package. Could I suggest the date be also appended to the mod zip file, so instead of 0.8.3.zip we have something like 0.8.3-2014-13-03.zip ? That would work as some kind of build number and would let people understand that is a different build.

Being a software engineer myself with some years of professional development on my back (not in the game industry unfortunately) I know these little things in versioning a package can lead to a great deal of confusion sometimes.

Anyway, hope it helps.

Regards,

Alonso.

PD: tried to send this as a PM but was not allowed because I had never post in the forum :-([/quote']

Hello.

Thanks, next time I'll do this way.

Im using buzzards and the Whipeout for a west. But obiously they wont be able to hear eachother.

How do I overcome that, while keeping Opfor from hearing them. I.e. how do I equip buzzards with Bluefor radios?