nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Okay, got it to work now. The dll's were in the wrong folder in the new download.

Excellent mod! My group has been using it for a while now! Thank you!

Here is a feature request: Megaphones!

I mean, how cool would it be to have a megaphone in Arma for some of the odder mission types? Hostage negotiations, swat-teams, intimidating the downed pilots your search and kill team is looking for...

Just an idea! And thanks again for the excellent mod!

Please can tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true by default? It appears to be messing with unit loadouts on every mission that doesn't have this in init and it's rather bothersome having to retro edit all of them.

Will think about.

I think that "Yealling" should be the default. It's the first thing we do once the mission begins and most of the time you'd like your speech to be heard in the maximum range possible rather than not.

Excellent mod! My group has been using it for a while now! Thank you!

Here is a feature request: Megaphones!

I mean, how cool would it be to have a megaphone in Arma for some of the odder mission types? Hostage negotiations, swat-teams, intimidating the downed pilots your search and kill team is looking for...

Just an idea! And thanks again for the excellent mod!

Maybe in far future :)

Planned for far future :)

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

We are working on it. There are a lot of small changes players will not sight, but I hope you will like terrain intersection for radio + 12 different radios + editor modules + backpack models (if someone can help with landing points for it - you are welcom :) ) + a lot of stuff.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Nice! thanks for the update!

I think that "Yealling" should be the default. It's the first thing we do once the mission begins and most of the time you'd like your speech to be heard in the maximum range possible rather than not.

Not true if case of TvT missions. In them most of players switches to 5m.

Not true if case of TvT missions. In them most of players switches to 5m.

Right... Didn't think of that.

One of my mates is getting an issue where he can hear people on the Radio and in Teamspeak, and he can talk in Teamspeak, but cannot use the Radio (technically - he can use it once, then his TS crashes out, and I think his game does as well, but I'm not sure!).

He's on latest version of Stable Build as well as latest TFAR version, Teamspeak version 3.0.12, as well as using Direct Input on Teamspeak.

Any ideas chaps? :(

One of my mates is getting an issue where he can hear people on the Radio and in Teamspeak, and he can talk in Teamspeak, but cannot use the Radio (technically - he can use it once, then his TS crashes out, and I think his game does as well, but I'm not sure!).

He's on latest version of Stable Build as well as latest TFAR version, Teamspeak version 3.0.12, as well as using Direct Input on Teamspeak.

Any ideas chaps? :(

Please send me TS crash dump.

Please send me TS crash dump.

How would I find that mate? I don't know a huge amount about Teamspeak.

How would I find that mate? I don't know a huge amount about Teamspeak.

It show dump file location after crash in window.

Okay will do when he's next online and get back to you, cheers!

Right it does not appear to be a crash as such - however once my friend uses the Radio button, his blue light in TS stays on - but no-one can hear him. When he restarts teamspeak, there is no error message, the whole laptop just freezes and requires a restart. But he can still hear everyone else and use normal teamspeak talk during game!

Right it does not appear to be a crash as such - however once my friend uses the Radio button, his blue light in TS stays on - but no-one can hear him. When he restarts teamspeak, there is no error message, the whole laptop just freezes and requires a restart. But he can still hear everyone else and use normal teamspeak talk during game!

Hm, strange thing.. Could you please ask you friend try to play on different TS and game server with different Arma profile (change nickname to "BlablaTFARisBuggy")? Also, does he/she use Windows 8?

As it seems things are pretty "subjective" here.

i.e. For me always the 1st move is to raise it from 80 to 100.

Conclusion..it will be a mess..

There is no harm in giving each player the ability to set the default volume in their user config. Doest affect anyone else...

Can anyone get this to work consistently in DUWS (original or modified). It rarely works as intended when the squad I'm in tries. Usually proximity and radio chat can be heard by everyone and it doesn't sound like a radio.

So I know ACRE had this function or callback "acre_sys_core_ts3id" to use in an example such as

if (_ACRE) then
{
_TS3 = acre_sys_core_ts3id != -1;
};

Is there a Task Force Radio equivalent?

--Update--

Also, Radio Crates don't seem to exist or function.

Radio's appear fine on characters such as pilots, but radio crate class list returns "Vehicle Class TF_EAST_Radio_Crate no longer exists"

Edited by ColinM9991

Can anyone get this to work consistently in DUWS (original or modified). It rarely works as intended when the squad I'm in tries. Usually proximity and radio chat can be heard by everyone and it doesn't sound like a radio.

Try to search the topic (already discussed) - there is problem with frame handler in mission.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

There is no harm in giving each player the ability to set the default volume in their user config. Doest affect anyone else...

Good idea, added to backlog.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

So I know ACRE had this function or callback "acre_sys_core_ts3id" to use in an example such as

if (_ACRE) then
{
_TS3 = acre_sys_core_ts3id != -1;
};

Is there a Task Force Radio equivalent?

--Update--

Also, Radio Crates don't seem to exist or function.

Radio's appear fine on characters such as pilots, but radio crate class list returns "Vehicle Class TF_EAST_Radio_Crate no longer exists"

1) not supported for now, but you may be sure ingame nickname in equals to TS nickname (added to plan).

2) Hm.. Not sure how you get this error. Crates not yet in stable version...

Ah, I downloaded the source code and put "TF_EAST_Radio_Crate" in to the mission SQM manually by replacing an old unit; that answers the problem.

As for the nickname thing,the issue there would be users having different names from steam and teamspeak, I'll just remove that snippet and leave the rest of the code execute.

Also, are the radio sounds supposed to play in teamspeak when a person holds CAPS Lock or CTRL+CAPS Lock?

Ah, I downloaded the source code and put "TF_EAST_Radio_Crate" in to the mission SQM manually by replacing an old unit; that answers the problem.

As for the nickname thing,the issue there would be users having different names from steam and teamspeak, I'll just remove that snippet and leave the rest of the code execute.

Also, are the radio sounds supposed to play in teamspeak when a person holds CAPS Lock or CTRL+CAPS Lock?

TFAR changes TS nickname to game nickname during the game.

Not sure I got your question about sounds....

In my Teamspeak 3 Plugins folder I have the 64 & 32 bit dlls along with the folder "radio-sounds".

When I'm in-game and I hold CTRL+CAPS Lock I see the "Transmitting on $" ($ being the radio), however I don't hear any of the "on.wav" or "off.wav" sounds for the radio on and off.

In my Teamspeak 3 Plugins folder I have the 64 & 32 bit dlls along with the folder "radio-sounds".

When I'm in-game and I hold CTRL+CAPS Lock I see the "Transmitting on $" ($ being the radio), however I don't hear any of the "on.wav" or "off.wav" sounds for the radio on and off.

I had the same issue where my radio sounds stopped working, as far as aware I changed nothing that would relate to TS or TFAR.

After downloading and reinstalling TFAR and TS plugins it was working again, unknown reason why it stopped but possible solution for you.

Hardcore mode doesn't seem to work with BTC Revive (players can still hear unconscious players). Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

i got a error message when i logged onto my groups server its says"LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1". I haven't been able to find what the issue is, and the message persists despite unistalling and reinstalling, and downloading the mod directly from your website.