nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hmm... is my lastpost invisible or something??

Oops, sorry :)

I can't heard them almost in every loud vehicle like f18

since that i cant breif 9 lines to pilot or can't recive 9 lines by other playe

But i agree that much louder volum then current version could be turn in to ear rape.

i'll let them to turn down in game sound value

We also got some complains about the radio volume when we where testing the addon. As you say you can just lower Arma3 effects volume and increase TS volume. I think the problem here its that people are used to ACRE radio volume level that it's a bit louder than current one on Task force radio. What you could do its leave the default volume as it is, but increase the volume at max volume( I mean if you put your radio at max volume, that volume should be louder than the one on the current version). That would allow the ones that are fine with the current volume stay with it, and the ones that liked a higher one increase it to their liking by increasing their radio volume.

And a related issue, i think that the direct speech volume curve its a bit to drastic. What i mean its that you hear someone at max volume when its right to you(thats OK), then you start to notice a really small volume decrease when he is going farder and farder(but its really small attenuation), and then suddenly there is a point that you stop hearing him at all(Just from moving 1m at max range you go from clearly hearing him to not hearing him at all). Another time comparing it to ACRE, in ACRE the attenuation its more progresive, and you notice more the volume reduccion with the distance at it isn't that abrupt. Anyways the difference isn't that big, and maybe its just a question of people being used to ACRE volume levels and not a real issue, as i haven't seen anyone else complaining about that on this post.

Edited by columdrum

Added Italian translation on github

Thanks you a lot, merged.

I think everyone having volume issues should compare their TS volume to TFRAR volume at 100%.

You will find the volume is the same. Thus these people should increase their own TS volume using windows sliders.

Nkey any idea when you are going to release the next version with the fixes and improvements? .

Nkey any idea when you are going to release the next version with the fixes and improvements? .

As I always say - few weeks :) Can't give more precise info because of a lot of testing will be required.

I was wondering if you could add antennas or something to the LR radios. I think it would add a nice touch.

Methinks he's using the rucks already in the game but if not then that would be nice.

Hi nKey, is there any possibility of either using modded backpacks or allowing people to script their own backpacks into Task Force Radio? It would be a really nice addition to see STKR's Bowman Radio backpack as an actual radio rather than as a backpack! Haha.

Hi nKey, is there any possibility of either using modded backpacks or allowing people to script their own backpacks into Task Force Radio? It would be a really nice addition to see STKR's Bowman Radio backpack as an actual radio rather than as a backpack! Haha.

In current dev version such functionality already implemented - you will able to create own backpacks and personal radios.

Hey nkey!

I just created a pull request with some small sqf optimizations.

in the fn_ServerInit.sqf, whats the endless loop doing despite setting frequencies for groups?

Especially this code:

{
if ((_x select 0) == _radio) exitWith
{
	_x set [1, (_x select 1) + 1];
	if ((_x select 1) > MAX_RADIO_COUNT) then
	{
		_x set [1, 1];
	};
	_count = (_x select 1);
};
} forEach TF_Radio_Count;

I got a feeling we could optimize this loop a bit. Maybe with (precompiled) function calls.

Does the whole mod need to go up on the dedi or just the keys and userconfig?

Hey nkey!

I just created a pull request with some small sqf optimizations.

in the fn_ServerInit.sqf, whats the endless loop doing despite setting frequencies for groups?

Especially this code:

{
if ((_x select 0) == _radio) exitWith
{
	_x set [1, (_x select 1) + 1];
	if ((_x select 1) > MAX_RADIO_COUNT) then
	{
		_x set [1, 1];
	};
	_count = (_x select 1);
};
} forEach TF_Radio_Count;

I got a feeling we could optimize this loop a bit. Maybe with (precompiled) function calls.

Thanks, will check it.

uh there's a new release coming soon? Started TS and got this popup

ctwID88.png

Edited by ramius86

Did some testing, these came up

• When using alt to freelock and using the radio at the same time, the radio gets stuck on transmission
  • Shift, the common sprint key, is interfering with using the radio.
  • Spatial when listening to someone behind you is dodgy: it flicks from full left to full right too quickly

Edited by Rasa-be

• Spatial when listening to someone behind you is dodgy: it flicks from full left to full right too quickly

Most likely a switched axis value in the 3D position calculations. It is using the up/down axis for left/right or something similar.

uh there's a new release coming soon? Started TS and got this popup

http://i.imgur.com/ctwID88.png

Sorry for false positive, release is soon, but not yet ready. It is because problems of github.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Did some testing, these came up

• When using alt to freelock and using the radio at the same time, the radio gets stuck on transmission
  • Shift, the common sprint key, is interfering with using the radio.

1) Yep, same thing with SHIFT. It is because it is modifier keys. Will think about it.

2) see 1

3) Hm. First such report. I'll check NouberNou advice, but as far I remember coordinates are set correct way. Maybe some kind of TS 3D API limitation. Do you have 5.1\7.1 audio subsystem?

3) Hm. First such report. I'll check NouberNou advice, but as far I remember coordinates are set correct way. Maybe some kind of TS 3D API limitation. Do you have 5.1\7.1 audio subsystem?

I experience the same issue on a more or less regular basis (stereo headphones).

Would it be possible to replace the 2D radios with 3D models, like the watch and compass? If the models were made, of course.

Would it be possible to replace the 2D radios with 3D models, like the watch and compass? If the models were made, of course.

Not easily. The watch and compass are special objects that are somewhat hardcoded in terms of how they appear on screen/interact. You can't animate or access the models via SQF.

Doing it via attachTo has its own issues as well due to the rendering context when you are inside a vehicle.