nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

3) Hm. First such report. I'll check NouberNou advice, but as far I remember coordinates are set correct way. Maybe some kind of TS 3D API limitation. Do you have 5.1\7.1 audio subsystem?

No, stereo headphones.

3) Hm. First such report. I'll check NouberNou advice, but as far I remember coordinates are set correct way. Maybe some kind of TS 3D API limitation. Do you have 5.1\7.1 audio subsystem?

The group I am playing with is repeatedly commenting on how they like TFAR a lot better than ACRE, with the exception of the 3D positioning for direct speech and I have to agree. It just takes me longer to safely pinpoint the person talking and quite often I cannot tell if that person is behind me or not. Haven't done any investigation of why anyone else felt that way, but this might very well be the reason for it.

Another "would it be possible" post, but...

Would it be possible to add a function that allows us to add distortion to a radio from scripts?

You could use it to add radio jamming, or damage to individual radios.

I had a quick look through the source, but it looks like the it's all handled on the teamspeak side, which is more or less alien to me.

Another "would it be possible" post, but...

Would it be possible to add a function that allows us to add distortion to a radio from scripts?

You could use it to add radio jamming, or damage to individual radios.

I had a quick look through the source, but it looks like the it's all handled on the teamspeak side, which is more or less alien to me.

I have plan to add not the distorsion, but function to set additional distance for player`s receiver and transmitter. So, you will able setup them for 2500 - and radio will works only for 500 meters and with more distorsion. It will be able to emulate damaged radios and some kind of radio jamming.

Maybe it will be not exact distance, but some distance multiplier.

sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to change the backpack model to suit custom mods? we are using Ind_US and the radio backpack does not match...

sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to change the backpack model to suit custom mods? we are using Ind_US and the radio backpack does not match...

In next version you will able create totally own backpack (with custom dialog and models). Currently you can create small addon to overwrite property "model" in one of current mackpacks....

Edited by nkey

On page 58 you said something about damaged radios. A nice feature would be if the "Instruments" in a helicopter would be linked to the radio. Damaged radio = lost contact with ATC

On page 58 you said something about damaged radios. A nice feature would be if the "Instruments" in a helicopter would be linked to the radio. Damaged radio = lost contact with ATC

Will add to plan. Maybe it will enought to implement by script.

I have plan to add not the distorsion, but function to set additional distance for player`s receiver and transmitter. So, you will able setup them for 2500 - and radio will works only for 500 meters and with more distorsion. It will be able to emulate damaged radios and some kind of radio jamming.

Maybe it will be not exact distance, but some distance multiplier.

That sounds perfect, thanks! Looking forward to the next version, whether this makes it in or not.

I'm not sure if it's a much requested feature, but everyone in our group are mentioning how they're sad that you can't hear people when spectating.

I'm not sure if it's a much requested feature, but everyone in our group are mentioning how they're sad that you can't hear people when spectating.

Hm. You want to hear players near your spectator position?

In next version you will able create totally own backpack (with custom dialog and models). Currently you can create small addon to overwrite property "model" in one of current mackpacks....

ok, well all I want to do is use the back pack that is named "AV_Kitbag_UCP" and also be able to give this to team leaders through script (or ammobox), not at start of mission. is this possible in the current version? if so can u explain step by step

Hm. You want to hear players near your spectator position?

yes, as in, whatever floating camera the spectator sees through, he should be able to hear anyone nearby who can be heard

similar to how acre handles it

ok, well all I want to do is use the back pack that is named "AV_Kitbag_UCP" and also be able to give this to team leaders through script (or ammobox), not at start of mission. is this possible in the current version? if so can u explain step by step

Sorry, can't do it now. It will long story. But when I'll do tutorial on new API - I'll will use AV_Kitbag_UCP as example.

If the author allows it, DePbo the task_force_radio_items, open up config.cpp, find the class of the backpack you'd like to edit (probably BLUFOR, which is: displayName = "RT-1523G (ASIP)";) and in that class edit "model = "\STKR_BritMTP\equipment\Pack_PredBow";" to the backpack of your liking. Save, pbo it again, job's a good'un.

As for disabling automatic radio distribution to teamleaders, it's in the manual.

Yeah i found the init command to disable on startup, but then i need to equip later when gearing up... its all good anyway i will just wait for update. Love the mod by the way. Acre has gone down hill lately.

Acre has gone down hill lately.

How did you come up with that? It was quiet around ACRE for some time but Nou just recently announced that it's time to start holding your breath.

oh gee whiz. only because of the competition from tfr I reckon! if it wasn't for this mod he probably wouldn't have bothered and continued to leave us in the dark like he has for the last year...

its gone down hill lately because in the last month more than 10 ppl from various groups I know are having teamspeak issues relating to the acre plugin.

I don't really see TFR as a competitor to ACRE. ACRE has a diffrent approach to radios. It's simulating the radio interfaces itself and is overall more realistic. And Nou has helped several times with his adivce, so I don't think ACRE bashing has a place in this thread (or anywhere else).

+1 to lukrop. People seem to forget that ACRE 3 hasn't yet been released.

Edited by Harzach

Would be great to put a radio on a table and listen to the radio between players ingame with 3d sound ;-) Could you maybe do this?

Would be great to put a radio on a table and listen to the radio between players ingame with 3d sound ;-) Could you maybe do this?

Maybe later, current not possible due TS limitation.