nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hello, everyone.

https://twitter.com/modTFAR

Please vote for TFAR on MakeArmaNotWar

Pleased to present you new radio mod for Arma 3 - Task Force Radio. It connects you game to TeamSpeak (similar to ACRE).

All information about installation, usage, and so on you can get here - radio.task-force.ru/en (mirrow)

It is totally new product, open source, used for PvP and COOP games with more than 100 players.

To avoid information duplication (radio.task-force.ru/en) just few moments:

• Simple to install and use, stable
  • Support for radio and direct speech (3D)
  • Ability to change direct speech volume
  • You able to hear radio and direct voice simultaneously (if player is close enough)
  • No map changes are required (ItemRadio will be replaced by personal radio, group leaders will get long range radio, a lot of vehicles have inbuilt radio)
  • 3 rifleman radios (one for each faction)
  • 3 personal radios (one for each faction)
  • 3 long range radios (one for each faction, backpacks)
  • 3 airborne radios (one for each faction)
  • Multiband radios
  • Underwater transceiver interface for divers
  • Simulation of underwater speech and radio communications (you can't use radio underwater, you can only mumble underwater, you may use Underwater transceiver, you able to use long range radio in submarine if part of antenna is still under the water surface)
  • Different audio effect for long-range and personal radios
  • Support for radio interference (because of distance)
  • Vehicles are classified into open and closed (isolated). If you are in an isolated vehicle, you will not hear voices from outside (and vice versa). However, if you turn out of the vehicle, you will hear voices both from inside and outside.
  • Ability to switch radio volume
  • Ability to use more than one radio
  • Spectator mode for dead players
  • Two modes - for PvP and for COOP
  • Automatic TS channel switch on game start
  • Ability to pick up radios with all settings saved
  • By default, radios of each faction use their own encryption codes, so you will not hear enemy talks, even setting the enemy’s frequency. To listen to the enemy’s net (and talk on the air) - it’s necessary by any means to capture an enemy radio station.
  • Ability to switch stereo channel for radio
  • Radio interference according to ground surface
  • API
  • Etc, etc, etc.

On armaholic.

TFAR-related addons:

TFAR add radios to vehicles from:

Integration:

TFAR-related scripts:

[*]Frequencies on map by Zealot (updated for 0.9.0)

Update 0.9.8 available

Update 0.9.7 available

Update 0.9.6 available

Update 0.9.5 available:

• Positional audio fixed

Update 0.9.4 available:

• Fixed robotic sound
  • Fixed sound distance model
  • Fixed game freeze on tangent release
  • Adjusted radio quarks voume
  • Fixed crash on incorrect format of custom sound (need to be 2/48000)
  • Fixed backpacks shadows:)

Update 0.9.3 available:

Change log:

• New audio engine with better spatial audio and new distance model
  • Ability to enable speakers on radios (possible to hear radio on the ground, on unit, in vehicle, etc)
  • Full support for Zeus (can use radios, can hear, can talk even though controlled unit)
  • Fixed tangent stuck
  • Plugin CPU usage optimisation
  • Network usage optimisation
  • Solved "duplicate radio ID problem"
  • Sound isolation for vehicles
  • Fixed issue with mic sound for some players
  • New dialogs for radios including night version (a lot of them, almost all radios updated except airborne): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lavnbqgvsrpwvy/AADqUjPvC6Fsz-QhTpZLiI59a?dl=0
  • New backpacks models: NATO 1, NATO 2, AFF, OPFOR
  • Old backpack models used by FIA
  • New fancy backpack texture
  • In-game key binding via CBA
  • Now possible to look around (ALT) and use radio
  • Dialogs buttons positions updated
  • Dialogs buttons sound updated
  • More fast spatial position updates
  • Same frequency in team for diver radio
  • CTRL + ~ to talk on diver radio
  • Small radios available in editor
  • Phone sound effect for addonmakers and scripters
  • Diver radio volume increased
  • Fixed getting radio in case of full inventory
  • Fixed issues with civilians players
  • i18n updates
  • Radios now correctly handles TeamSpeak PTT delay
  • Fix turn out issues with few vehicles
  • Default radio volume in userconfig
  • API to get if user uses radio\speaking
  • MR3003 in BWMOD vehicles and infantry
  • Event handlers API
  • Statistic tracker will help me to make mod better
  • A lot of other fixes

Update 0.9.2 available:

Change log:

• Fixed compatibility with new version of Arma 3 (thanks to thhamm)
  • Fixed few issues in plugin (thanks to LH)

Update 0.9.1 available:

Change log:

• Support for TS 19 API (older version)
  • 0.8.3 clients no longer breaks server
  • Fixed server script failure after respawn
  • T and Y keys perform default actions too (lock on TITAN, Zeus)
  • AMV-7 radio and isolation fixed
  • Fixed plugin crash on x64 on some CPUs
  • Support for rifleman radios property in userconfig
  • Few other warnings and error fixed
  • Fixed: Sometimes possible to hear live peoples in spectator (I hope)
  • Fixed: frequency module not works for JIP (I hope)

Update 0.9.0 (public testing) available:

New:

• Terrain interference of radio
  • New type of radio - rifleman radio (by default given to everyone except teamleaders)
  • AN/PRC-154 rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_anprc154, default for independent side)
  • RF-7800S-TR rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for west side)
  • PNR-1000A rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for opfor side)
  • New type of radio - airborne radio (40km): 1, 2, 3
  • Backpack model
  • Multiband support (receive/send on 2 channels per radio)
  • Inventory access animation when adjust radio dialog
  • No longer uses hint but a custom HUD (tfar_fnc_showHint)
  • Key to fast switch radios (default: Ctrl + [/] cycle SW, Ctrl + Alt+ [/] cycle LR)
  • Key to fast switch stereo mode (default: ctrl + up/left/right for SW, alt + up/left/right for LR)
  • Capacity of backpack radios increased
  • Items from original backpack are moved to new radio backpack if they can fit (on respawn)
  • Personal radios have a range of 5km (AN/PRC 152, Fadak, AN/PRC 148 Jem)
  • LR radios distance is 20km
  • Vehicle bound LR radios distance is 30km
  • Airborne bound LR radios distance is 40km
  • Menu to copy settings to another radio
  • Module to enforce TFAR usage, give teamleader's LR radios, give rifleman radios to team members, terrain interception coefficient, channel name (serious mode), channel password (serious mode), same SW frequencies for side, same LR frequencies for side
  • Module to set settings for sync'ed units' side; encryption Code, LR radio type (classname), SW radio type (classname), rifleman radio type (classname), SW Frequency (SQF array of strings), LR Frequency (SQF array of strings)
  • Module to set settings for sync'ed units; SW frequencies (SQF array of strings), LR frequencies (SQF array of strings)
  • All radios now have classes
  • Added default support for the following mods (HAFM ArmA 2 HMMWVs Import, HAFM ArmA 2 US Helicopter Import, HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled, HAFM UAZ Cars, C-130J Port Release)
  • New font for radios
  • Interference affects updated

Misc:

• Near players are muted in TS too
  • Changed plugin commands to use \t (tab) instead of @, allowing @ to be used in nicknames with no issues
  • Prefixed all functions with TFAR_
  • Prefixed all variables with TF_
  • No longer uses CBA's extended handlers for init, CBA is still required for key handling and some other stuff
  • Added new keys to in game briefing
  • Using BIS_fnc_areFriendly for encryption code checks
  • Support for version 20 of TS API
  • Increased player position update frequency
  • Voice volume is transferred to plugin as a number instead of string
  • Group settings are only used if radio is default side/faction radio
  • Send radio settings to plugin more frequently

API:

Fixed:

• Check for inheritence of V_RebreatherIA (to support diver device in other rebreathers)
  • Big HUD size support
  • Removed overriding of default dot marker
  • Size of anprc148jem's image adjusted down to same as other radio interfaces
  • Plugin no longer moves you back in cases of changing channel in TS (lightweight mode)
  • Clipping on mixing
  • TS plugin no longer overrides CLIENT_META_DATA, which causes issues with other plugins
  • Various optimisations of the mod, improving performance where possible
  • Volume in TS is 20% lower (I hope)
  • Updated links in English version of help

Not all stuff mentioned here.... 150 issues are closed :)

Plugins for TS 3.014 update 0.8.3 available (download from site)

Update 0.8.3 available:

Change log:

• You can change stereo channel of each radio (left, right, both)
  • Updated personal radio DSP effect (more pleasant to hear)
  • Updated long range radio DSP effect (more noticeable)
  • Time-critical code moved to non-scheduled environment (now less affected by mission scripts)
  • By default everyone in the group have the same personal radio settings (may be changed to whole faction)
  • By default everyone in faction have the same long range radio settings (may be changed to group only)
  • Added small delay between receiving sound by radio and by direct speech (first time is unusual, but then it becomes very convenient to understand what you are speaking on the radio while sitting on different sides of the same tree)
  • Personal radio looks like radio on the ground
  • Long range radio settings are saved after respawn
  • Interference now be heard differently and begin earlier
  • Compatibility with MagRepack
  • Compatibility with BTC Revice (148 after respawn)
  • Dead players now instantly fall in spectator channel
  • Parachutes are not replaced by long range radio
  • You will be notified about new version by message in TS
  • Fixed problem with audibility of users not playing on the same server in lightweight mode
  • Fixed problems with quarks of personal radio outside 3km radius
  • Fixed: you now can use numkeys in spectator mode
  • Frequency range now inclusive
  • @ in nicknames is still unsupported, but will not break game for others
  • Fixed side of new vehicles (Mora, etc).
  • API to force vechicle side
  • API to set frequencies
  • API to get information about TS
  • API to change name and password of serious mode channel (TaskForceRadio)
  • Disabled TS chat messages about plugin loading
  • Positions of close players now updated more frequently
  • Plugin changes back TS nickname after the game.
  • A lot of other small fixes.

Edited by nkey
  • Like 10

Playing with that radio mod for months. It's really great. Very stable now, has a lot of exclusive functionality and still improving. I sincerely believe that it's the best radio mod for ARMA 3 and much better than ACRE.

Thanks for sending us the release, this looks really great :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Good mod there. tried it with my friend.

but i'd like to give some suggestion though.

for the long range radio, it seems that there is no radio sound effect yet. it sounds like direct speech.

and if we die, the radio is dropped automatically instead of remain in the body. would be better if the long range radio stayed with the body instead of what it does.

[*]By default, radios of each faction use their own encryption codes, so you will not hear enemy talks, even setting the enemy’s frequency. To listen to the enemy’s net (and talk on the air) - it’s necessary by any means to capture an enemy radio station.

Think this should be something thats set in a userconfig somewhere, give mission makers/server admins the ability to change it so you can hear the enemy on other frequencys. Otherwise if BLUFOR and Independant are Allies they cant talk to eachother. Unless you've already done this and Im just being an idiot :D

sweeeet! looks great nkey!

Think this should be something thats set in a userconfig somewhere, give mission makers/server admins the ability to change it so you can hear the enemy on other frequencys. Otherwise if BLUFOR and Independant are Allies they cant talk to eachother. Unless you've already done this and Im just being an idiot :D

i would imagine at least you should need the ability to share the 'encryption key' : )

are you able to make this work with teamspeak having people in more than one channels and still work? that would be So cool

"•By default, radios of each faction use their own encryption codes, so you will not hear enemy talks, even setting the enemy’s frequency. To listen to the enemy’s net (and talk on the air) - it’s necessary by any means to capture an enemy radio station."

The phrase, 'By default' does imply the ability to configure perameters.

Also, i wonder if Nato shares encryption codes with the Afghan army?

This mod look really nice ;D

@Ratzo

To change the encryption codes used by factions (to allow multiple factions talking), add the following code: tf_west_radio_code = "_bluefor";tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor"; tf_guer_radio_code = "_independent";. To allow two factions to contact one another by radio, they must have an identical encryption code (you'll need to change values).

Good mod there. tried it with my friend.

but i'd like to give some suggestion though.

for the long range radio, it seems that there is no radio sound effect yet. it sounds like direct speech.

and if we die, the radio is dropped automatically instead of remain in the body. would be better if the long range radio stayed with the body instead of what it does.

There is a long range radio effect, but it is much more clear than such on personnel radio (uses low pass filter).

Long range radios are backpacks, so Arma engine handles dropping.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

To change the encryption codes used by factions (to allow multiple factions talking), add the following code:

tf_west_radio_code = "_bluefor";

tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";

tf_guer_radio_code = "_independent";.

To allow two factions to contact one another by radio, they must have an identical encryption code (you'll need to change values).

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

are you able to make this work with teamspeak having people in more than one channels and still work? that would be So cool

Hm... But what is reason? If you want to plan mission in separate channels (for different sides) - you may use plugin in "serious mode" with automatic switching to channel "TaskForceRadio" on mission start.

first look is good, but the cracking sounds are not good for my soundsystem. Any way to make the cracking a little bit friendlier?

Also, i wonder if Nato shares encryption codes with the Afghan army?

As I remember - they are BLUEFOR, so they use same encription key.

Where do you place the radio-sounds? I have copied them into the TS3 plugins folder with the task_force_radio_win64.dll file is however I don't hear them, I have set the Sound Pack Volume to +0.0dB which is the maximum I could have.

Will the backpack have an antenna on the 3D model in the futur ?

Yes, in plans.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Where do you place the radio-sounds? I have copied them into the TS3 plugins folder with the task_force_radio_win64.dll file is however I don't hear them, I have set the Sound Pack Volume to +0.0dB which is the maximum I could have.

In my case - F:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\radio-sounds

Hm, maybe try to restart teamspeak. You should hear them only during transfering (tangent click) and receiving (pshshsh :) )

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

first look is good, but the cracking sounds are not good for my soundsystem. Any way to make the cracking a little bit friendlier?

Try to reduce radio volume (using in-game interface). Also, you could send me video - to check how it sounds on your system.

Looks very interesting , Good job :)

One feature I'd really like added is the option to configure different radios to different ear. ie, SW on left ear and LR on right.

Hi nKey. I have a stupid question, but you talk about TS's PTT for Direct Speech. Will this work if you use voice activation for a more natural feel, or do you 100% have to assign a key for TS's Push To Talk key for direct speech?

Tested it, installed on our server, can't wait for the first mission with Radios that are designed for arma 3

Thank you for your work.

Looks very interesting , Good job :)

One feature I'd really like added is the option to configure different radios to different ear. ie, SW on left ear and LR on right.

Thanks you, this feature planned for the next version.

Oh. My. Gawd. This is absolutely brilliant! I am determined to get this to work and make it our group's "default" radio mod. I particularly love how it is tailored to ArmA3, instead of having to use a jury-rigged version of ACRE (at this point).

Unfortunately, I am running into problems trying to get it to work. I believe I set everything up correctly, using the latest version of TS3 (3.0.13.1 x64). However, when I start the game TS3 spams me with "invalid parameter size" and neither radios nor direct talk seem to work (although the radio HUD pops up and I am able to use the radio menus).

Would anybody know why this is happening and/or how to fix it? I would be grateful for any constructive replies here; really looking forward to trying this mod!