uploaded it to my googledrive

take the link down please, what your doing breaks the rules.

The old version is more bug ridden, but more to the point nothing is different that current version, other than bug fixes.

If you have already downloaded it don't complain to me if you have issues, also some need to remember I'm trying to mod a game that isn't finished and is changing constantly, but I'm modding for me not for you but I'm choosing to share with the community. 99% of the comments have been productive and useful be it finding bugs and of general sorts to those I say thank you and I'm glad your enjoying the mod.

Updates will come forthwith but currently I'm seeing what time scale BIS are setting for the game to be finished as they are changing much.

Edited by Bigpickle

BP, your sound mod is the best i've ever use all these years until now. Now there´s something i have to say:

There´s is a very important sound effect missing. which one!?...well, characters falls againts the ground. ACE sound mod has this effect in ArmA 2.

It would be good to hear the sound of the heavy soldier body with gear and weapon hit against the ground.

/ This is not the best reference, but the only i found. i hope you can take a look on it.

Thank you man.

Im just wondering - would it be possible to add blood mist for units affected by explosions? Didn't saw any but that would look good I think.

yeah i though that bis would actually add that one themselves, kinda makes sense right? since they have blood for bullet hits.

Also anyone noticed anything different audio wise within the game since last week? I've just played today for the first time since 3 days ago and the sound engine seems different some how, like louder and even more wacky properties wise than before. Odd thing is we haven't had an update.

yeah i though that bis would actually add that one themselves, kinda makes sense right? since they have blood for bullet hits.

Also anyone noticed anything different audio wise within the game since last week? I've just played today for the first time since 3 days ago and the sound engine seems different some how, like louder and even more wacky properties wise than before. Odd thing is we haven't had an update.

I'm waiting for a major update your MOD. I hope soon new. Keep improving. Your mod has great potential.

take the link down please, what your doing breaks the rules.

The old version is more bug ridden, but more to the point nothing is different that current version, other than bug fixes.

If you have already downloaded it don't complain to me if you have issues, also some need to remember I'm trying to mod a game that isn't finished and is changing constantly, but I'm modding for me not for you but I'm choosing to share with the community. 99% of the comments have been productive and useful be it finding bugs and of general sorts to those I say thank you and I'm glad your enjoying the mod.

Updates will come forthwith but currently I'm seeing what time scale BIS are setting for the game to be finished as they are changing much.

Can you mirror this file to mega.co.nz? I want to download your mod but not if it takes 2hours to do so. (70kb/s)

I have found that it has some weird issues with the way sounds are modeled. Having shot a large variety of older military weapons in various calibers and been down range on long range firing at targets the sounds seem off somehow. Also some hunting weapons that use similar calibers to the ones depicted in ArmA3 (6.5mm) they really don't sound like what I am hearing in game. It is something that I can't quite put my finger on for this and I am not sure why. I want to help make this work a little better and would like to have the opportunity to help out if you need it.

Kinda of confuse here maybe, but what version are we supposed to get?

At the bottom of the list: http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_addons_soundmods where SOS is you have 2 listings,

one says beta, and the other says beta update 3 for the versions, yet the titles say SpeedofSound, and SpeedofSoundv2

The beta date is 2013-10-31, and the beta update says 2013-10-30, seems to me dates and versions are mixed in the listings, IDK but if there is an update to the mod should the latest update be listed in the usermade patch section? so that the main full core version of the mod is by itself?

So again which one do i get?

Is there a way to disable the "atmospheric" background explosions/gunshots? The ones not actually happening, just playing by default?

Edit:

I have just tested the SOSv2 and i got some feedback.

-There is a huge bug with all the guns. When you fire the guns in 3rd person you only hear the echo sound and no actual gun sound.

-When firing sighted or from the hip, some guns have very different sounds (i.e. mk14ebr and the katiba). Plus i prefer the hipfire sounds over the sighted sounds, especially for the katiba and the mk14ebr.

-I think the echo on the MX and Katiba is a bit too loud. I think the Mk14, F2000 or the Blufor MG (forgot the name) have the right amount of echo.

Edited by Predator.v2

Yep, those are all issues I've observed as well. It is strange how much the sounds change with just a slight shift of the weapon to your face or not. Same with third person vs. first person.

Okay, here is my opinion on this sound mod.

I didn't find it very realistic in many different areas.

1) The samples for each weapon sound like they were recorded 200m away and are very quiet. It should be loud, sharp, and precise.

2) The sound in FPV for the receiver and bolt action is very loud and in some cases, too long You should not be able to hear it over the discharge anyways and it's more of a metal plinking sound or ping than anything.

3) Everything just sounds too far away than it actually is. Mid-range explosions (200-300m) sound as if they are 600-1000m out.

4) Some of the distant explosions are weak. Explosions at a distance are more of a thump.

5) The overhead cracks and whizbys didn't sound realistic at all.

However, it does a pretty good job at simulating distant warfare, just needs to be tweaked in a few areas I think.

The sounds themselves in the video are great, but I still hear that weird "double fire" sound in first-person. It's almost like the echo is heard before the actual gunshot from the rifle, just a split second before. Also, the difference in sound between "hip fire" and aim down sights...why? Is that really realistic?

Not trying to bash or anything, just constructively those seem odd to me.

Yeah the drastic difference between the sighted/not sighted sounds is pretty weird, particularly when the sounds are already very quiet. And I agree with others that all of the weapons sound as if they are being fired from 50m away.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

I don´t post much here as to not push you even more than others or your work itself do, but in terms of different 1st person & sighted sounds i gotta agree.

Haven´t shot any form of lethal rifle in my life, but BB´s and Paintballs make sounds too, and there never was a hearable difference at such close range. It just sounds the same.

Gotta admit i´m not a fan of clickety clackety sounds on the rifles either, but i can live with it (seems to be a huge trend since JSRS had it too?).

Also im little wary about my already struggling system, much more script loops added to it might bringt it down sometime, and then im royally fucked, as i dont wanna play w/o your sounds anymore :D

Keep up your great work :thumb_down:

Double sound just doesn't feel right. It even seems like the echo (reverb) is playing before the actual shot, or are my ears deceiving me?

I've shot lots of weapons on ranges and I've not encountered that before. Just bloody loud BANGS !

in third person view the gunshots are epic (back to the roots (your early first version))! To have this variant in first person too or less altered would be perfect (for me).

Double sound just doesn't feel right. It even seems like the echo (reverb) is playing before the actual shot, or are my ears deceiving me?

I've shot lots of weapons on ranges and I've not encountered that before. Just bloody loud BANGS !

nope not deceiving. for some reason there is an echo before the gunshot sound... the distance scripts are wonky as well

I watched the video of 1.0 on my 7.1 head set on %100 volume expected to have to turn it down... NOPE... sounds are quiet. pistols have an echo propagate before the bullet is even fired... the rifles. have the echo propagate the instant it is shot still not good. Echos, take a split second AFTER the inital source. pluss there way quiet. same with the explosions.

Then there's the fire fight that happens about 100m away from the Civilian Viewer, however, it sounds more then 500m away. there is a Arty round that lands next to and kills the Civ. That impact and resulting explosion should have been deafening, but its not.. the second firefight sounds almost identical to the first, but its seen from almost 600m-800m away. There's definitely something going wrong..

I know alot of work is going in to this, good luck with your endeavors BP.

Edited by Lordprimate

Nope, that's exactly what I was (trying to?) saying above.