ou41u0.jpg

SpeedOfSound has been nearly a 2 and a half year project culminating in a release for ArmA 3, many hours of work have gone into creating &

heavily resampling the audio within the mod. My Aim with Speed Of Sound is a full conversion sound mod, this make take some time but what I had achieved so far is more than ample to play with, but please understand its still not complete yet.

SpeedOfSound is fully modular so if you don't like certain effects, create a STORE folder outside of Addons, then look for and move the unwanted pbo & bisign and place into the store folder and they wont run.

REQUIREMENTS

*Delete Old Mod folder*

For your own benefit I would recommend renaming mod folder to @SpeedOfSoundRC1 because I'm a forgetful tit.

CBA is needed for this mod

Note:

Original samples are either in the public domain or created by myself and all rights are held with the respective owners.

*Thanks to all GITS and our friends who contributed with testing,scripting & critiquing thus far, a special mention for Foxy.*

All credit To BIS for allowing modding on the ArmA series.

SpeedOfSound mod is for personal entertainment purposes only, and please apply mutual respect and contact me at BIS forums by PM if you wish to use any of the audio samples

contained within SpeedOfSound for your own mods.

This mod will not and should not be posted into SteamWorkshop.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23078

SOS Key

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vw8g8zib4x4rsq/SpeedofSound+Key.rar

Changelog

General

90% of placeholders replaced with better quality audio samples

Lots of balancing and de-clipping

Selector switch samples in ready for main branch update

Removed the BIS Breathing samples

Changed mod folder name

A good comprimise between version 1 & 2 for reverb (back to single mod version now)

Too much to remember sorry ...

Core

Added Rotorwash sounds

Added lots of new distant sounds

New samples for listening to shooters inside buildings when your outside and further away

Thanks to all GITS and our friends who contributed with testing,scripting & critiquing thus far, a special mention for Foxy.

All credit To BIS for allowing modding on the ArmA series.

Many thanks to my coder once again for his tireless efforts.

Many thanks to EUTW for extensive testing and suggestions and advice. Search for EUTW & TeeTimes in server browser to find their servers, they are the best out there by far!

Many thanks to Armaholic and Foxhound for hosting my mod.

And finally not forgetting the community members who enjoy my mod, hope this is this proves to be the update you've all been waiting for.

Edited by Bigpickle

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

congrats on the release. Sounds great on the video. :) downloading now.

Is there any way that I (or anyone else) could go about including Aardvarks Mk18 Mod 1 to sounds from this addon? I'd like to have the same atmosphere for firefights and missions.

The only error I see so far is speedofsound_lgrpt no definition in line 57, and a couple other lines that pop up and go to fast. But the sounds rival JSRS sound mod. VERY VERY nice!!!!!! Love it! ALSO Tank_FPV1 sound not found. I hope you dont mind me pointing this out. It helped me out when people pointed out errors on my mod. If so let me know I'll stop. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

In speedofsound_core.pbo (Init.sqf first line):

SpeedOfSound_core_logRPT = flase;

(Must be FALSE)

The sound mod is nice except fews things....No reload sound...and the guns need to be louder other then that great, love the snaps and hits excellent.

I do have a question of sorts. Will you be updating this? There have been a few great mods with tons of potential. This one would fall into that category imho. My question is are you going to be updating this? I read that it was for your personal use that you'd like to share and thanks for sharing, but the question still stands? I mean no offense by this. Please don't be offended. Thanks. :)

@Rav_Raven I put that in my mission init.sqf works brilliantly thanks. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

I reaaally like the feel of the mod.

Some things I'd like to point out:

• Gunsounds and especially (distant) explosions are too quiet

• Sounds sound too far away from a too close distance... maybe increase the sample-change threshold or how it's called...?

• The Scorpion doesn't seem to work as soon as the mod is loaded, very likely a config error

• Those Allahu Akbar Screams seem to be a bit unfitting

Really like the mod so far, enjoying firefights much more and the sound sound authentic, meaning a single shot might not be impressive but as soon as a firefight starts it sounds natural and satisfying.

Good luck!

Yep, I found some problems here too, some of which will be listed in LAxemann's post.

- Guns and explosions are very quiet, and the static/vehicle mounted grenade launchers seem to be either extremely quiet or lack sound.

- Reload sounds are very very quiet.

- Allahu Akbar screams are unfitting and flat out annoying.

- Scorpion doesn't work, it won't take its 30 Round 9x21 mags.

- Sounds sound too far away when close.

- Some sounds seem unfitting, such as the Blackfoot cannon and the Kaijmen.

Other than that, nice work! :D

Also really like! As above, some sounds too quiet -most guns and a couple of Pawnees flying directly over head sounded really far away. Love the hit/richochet effects!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, noted the bugs, will set to work on them to produce an update as soon as I can today.

Oh, there's an update already? Why, thank you, Bigpickle! :)

Yes, this sound mod is very interesting because it makes feel fear in fire fight. The sound barrier crack, the sound of objects hit (like Saving private Ryan), the machine guns on vehicules are awsome. It could be a greater sound mod if rifles sounds are more louder. This sound mod is more realistic than than default because there is far sounds of fire fight. Continue like this. I hope rifles sound will be more dynamic. You succeed to bring more immersion because now there is more disorientation and stress feeling in combat. Thanks.