i noticed this behaviour on the MX rifle and wondered if it was intentional, its intressting how sensitive the mod is to the player perspective though i think the high and noisy "snapping sound" in optics mode is superimposing unfavorably here.

how come the 1st person sound is even different from the optics mode sound? just wondering oO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZO5EJ_tojU

@Fabio_Chavez I'm just guessing here, but My guess is that when your in 1st person you are closer to the gun so you may be hearing the slide clicking in and out. where as when your in 3rd person you are further away so you do not hear the clicking. just mho

Here in China don't have the permission to take the taste of these powerfull weapons, guns (air soft guns included) are all completetly prohibited and even the kitchen knifes are in real name system, so I do not know whether the sound impack or slide click sound is realistc or not, but I do thank you for your good work on this mod of sound. This sound mod seems better than J.S.RS mod, but I found out it lack of reloading sound on handgun while I was testing some of them last night. Keep up the good work!

@Fabio_Chavez I'm just guessing here, but My guess is that when your in 1st person you are closer to the gun so you may be hearing the slide clicking in and out. where as when your in 3rd person you are further away so you do not hear the clicking. just mho

Sounds right to me.

Loving this mod.

Thanks Bigpickle, keep up the great work.

Yeah its meant to resemble the shooter ears being closer to the weapon and the working parts being more audible, im lowering the volume of the scope sample slightly in the next update so its not as pronounced.

I really like your mod Bigpickle , I really enjoin the battle more now , more immersive.

The potential is amazing :)

thanks buddy, I'm glad that ppl is enjoying my idea of how things should sound :)

LOLZ I had some trouble getting it downloaded, I had to take a survey to get the DL link to appear, derp. Thanks gamefront for your crazyness.....

Edited by Lordprimate

LOLZ I had to take a survey to get the DL link, derp......

really? the game front link or armaholic?

By the way Ive fixed the gamebreaker bug concerning the mod dependency you will be able to resume any saved game with next update.

Yeah its meant to resemble the shooter ears being closer to the weapon and the working parts being more audible, im lowering the volume of the scope sample slightly in the next update so its not as pronounced.

i think thats a good decision, i thinkt it would soon become too unconfortable to be permanently exposed to such high frequent noise, wether or not this would be the exact authentic sound.

i think thats a good decision, i thinkt it would soon become too unconfortable to be permanently exposed to such high frequent noise, wether or not this would be the exact authentic sound.

lol its not that high frequency :)

BP, when i navigate to gamefront i didnt see a dl link, and im looking, and looking, and looking.. there was a survey a blue box it was vague but it looked like some add spam so i ignored it ... after a few i gave it a shot and it was a two question survey, and the download link appeared, as a big rectangle download button. and now that i navigate back to game front the blue box with what looked like add spam is gone and its normal gamefront with dl link.. it was just a goofy waste of time. probably a " are you human " check.

its seems the weapon swaying is not present with this mod. Its like holding breath all the time.

The MOD is very good. Congratulations for the work. There is the possibility of launching a separate MOD blood that is included in MOD sound? I will be very grateful. Thank you! Google Translator! :)

@PartyHead yes I think so to. I was explaining to Favio what he was hearing. I love that. There is not much about this sound mod that I dont like. Its the best so far. Again Great work Bigpickle.

lol its not that high frequency :)

dunno if they are that high and driver, hardware, subjective perception etc are varying but they are the highest part of the samples, and for me it almost sounds like a metalbrush stick hitting a snare :P

dunno if they are that high and driver, hardware, subjective perception etc are varying but they are the highest part of the samples, and for me it almost sounds like a metalbrush stick hitting a snare :P

Sounds the same to me, yet that's not how guns sound. Yeah, I've fired M16s, M4s, M249s, none of which sound overly metallic. The way most of the weapons sound in third person is how they should sound, but louder, in first person. But yeah, it's definitely the best sound mod so far.

My experience with weapons they sound like a metal/plastic loud type clunk instead of ping when you fire especially with ear defenders on, but if i did that with the sound ppl would complain, trust me I tried it originally before it went public and the general consensus was although it felt real it didn't feel fun ppl generally wanted guns to be louder and more external type of sounds, why is why I went for a combination of both using first/scope and third views.

My experience with weapons they sound like a metal/plastic loud type clunk instead of ping when you fire especially with ear defenders on, but if i did that with the sound ppl would complain, trust me I tried it originally before it went public and the general consensus was although it felt real it didn't feel fun ppl generally wanted guns to be louder and more external type of sounds, why is why I went for a combination of both using first/scope and third views.

Your mod, but the way the gun sounds in third person is spot on IMO. That, but louder, would be my suggestion for the first person sound. Maybe at least tone down the metal sound if possible.

Edited by antoineflemming
Should have been Your not You.

You mod, but the way the gun sounds in third person is spot on IMO. That, but louder, would be my suggestion for the first person sound. Maybe at least tone down the metal sound if possible.

exactly my thoughts

I have an error popping up every now and then line 182 undefined variable I think its _Proj something or another. If I see it again I'll write it down. BY the way. Just place mortars down and they are frikkking awesome soounding. I've gotta be some 700 meters out, and the thump they make is jaw dropping.

I have an error popping up every now and then line 182 undefined variable I think its _Proj something or another. If I see it again I'll write it down. BY the way. Just place mortars down and they are frikkking awesome soounding. I've gotta be some 700 meters out, and the thump they make is jaw dropping.

Ok thanks Mikey, the distance stuff will be polished up as time goes on so there might be some errors for a while yet.

Hey pickle, lovin the mod but is there anyway to take out the ambient gunfire & explosions??