Every weapon have vanilla effects only sounds have been changed, let me know what weapons you think are different.

MX, MXM (the MXC carbine works fine), Katiba all versions, MK20 (except the Tactical, this works well), both heavy snipers, SDAR, Skorpion, Vector and TRG EGLM (TRG carbine and default works alright) are recoiless - I know what you mean, I couldn´t believe either, but once I disable your mod, the recoil works fine again...

The savegame issues are probably caused by some dependancy of a missing config or addon...

Hope it would help, love your mod, brings more immersion, and some silly sounds - pain scream, truck honk - (why not?), which is nice too =)

Thanks for the updates but i was wondering why everyone says the reverb is perfect?. every time I hear a shot, it sounds like its inside a small metal shed... a shot in an open field doesnt sound like a shot in an open field.. i can stand right next to an AI shooting in an open field and it sounds like he is about 5-10m away from me and inside a small metal shack. way to heavy on the reverb. As of now as the ai run around it honestly sounds like they carry around a tin shed with them as they go. if anything in an open field there should only be an echo from distant terrain and buildings( very little reverb in open fields). The reverb should be heard only in smaller places like within cities around and in buildings. Either way this is an awesome mod. the new reverb effect is nice but defiantly needs tweaking IMHO. hope this gets ironed out. Until then i am glad i kept the older update. from weeks ago. Great work, again hope to see this continue to be fine tuned, and enjoy your break you guys deserve it!!!

IDEA: can you check the surroundings around the player unit, periodically, Looking for Specific buildings of specific size and shape(two story and completed) and when a building is found and someone shoots, it uses the distance of the house and times the playback of an echo( from that house)? just imagine a fire fight entering a town theres a few echos in the distance because of the buildings (some behind you from building behind) but as you get closer to the city the echos increase and then, the closer you get in town you need more reverb.

Edited by Lordprimate

Thanks for the updates but i was wondering why everyone says the reverb is perfect?. everytime I hear a shot, it sounds like its inside a small metal shed... a shot in an open field doesnt sound like a shot in an open field.. i can stand right next to an AI shooting and it sounds like he is about 10m away from me and inside a small metal shack. way to heavy on the reverb. if anything in an open field there should only be an echo from distant terrain and buildings. The reverb should be heard only in smaller places like within cities around and in buildings. Either way this is an awesome mod. the new reverb effect is nice but deffinatly needs tweeking IMHO. hope this gets ironed out. Until then i am glad i kept the older update. from weeks ago. Great work, again hope to see this continue to be fine tuned, and enjoy your break you guys deserve it!!!

Yeah, I have to agree. Gave this a shot recently and the reverb sounds like you are in an enclosed shooting range regardless of where you are. Not to mention the nearby ricochet sounds are ridiculously loud (on purpose...?).

Other than that it is pretty good. Firing the Katiba kinda sounds like "pew pew" in first-person for some reason, but someone else firing it near you sounds good...?

I have a rather consistent error with this mod which makes missiles fired from the AH-9 behave incredibly strangely. They seem to fire out at an odd angle regardless of how my littlebird is tilted and appear to travel quite slowly as trails of smoke without a rocket even being visible. I've redownloaded twice and deleted old files each time to be sure. Any ideas, as this only seems to happen with SpeedofSound active. Just tried V2 and it does the same, only it and CBA active.

Hi,

we encountered today a problem with the new version 3.

I was hosting and using your mod then a friend of mine joined the server.

He was not using your mod but when he shoot at enemies,

his game crashed sometimes with an steam error message.

We tested after without your mod enabled on host and that problem was gone.

If you could recreate the bug (note the time before you play) and then go to C\Users\"username"\AppData\Local and select the rpt with the right start time and zip it and pm it for me, my script writer will have a look over it and try to identify the problem.

we stopped using your mod due too many strange issues happening when using it.

you can easy recreate that bug by yourself.

host a mission with your mod enabled then let a friend join without your mod enabled.

after he shoots and hits a few times enemies his game will crash with a Steam Ticket Error.

I asked my friend how this happened.

he told me seconds after he did hit the enemy and saw the blood splash his game crashed.

my opinion is,

in the speedofsound_gibs.pbo must be something wrong.

did not try if problem goes away when your mod is loaded without that file.

sorry I have no time spare to bug track your mod further.

hope this helps a little

Edited by maquez

;2547579']MX' date=' MXM (the MXC carbine works fine), Katiba all versions, MK20 (except the Tactical, this works well), both heavy snipers, SDAR, Skorpion, Vector and TRG EGLM (TRG carbine and default works alright) are recoiless - I know what you mean, I couldn´t believe either, but once I disable your mod, the recoil works fine again...

The savegame issues are probably caused by some dependancy of a missing config or addon...

Hope it would help, love your mod, brings more immersion, and some silly sounds - pain scream, truck honk - (why not?), which is nice too =)[/quote']

Hi buddy I think you have an older version, visit first page and pick a version and its hotfix.

Thanks for the updates but i was wondering why everyone says the reverb is perfect?. every time I hear a shot, it sounds like its inside a small metal shed... a shot in an open field doesnt sound like a shot in an open field.. i can stand right next to an AI shooting in an open field and it sounds like he is about 5-10m away from me and inside a small metal shack. way to heavy on the reverb. As of now as the ai run around it honestly sounds like they carry around a tin shed with them as they go. if anything in an open field there should only be an echo from distant terrain and buildings( very little reverb in open fields). The reverb should be heard only in smaller places like within cities around and in buildings. Either way this is an awesome mod. the new reverb effect is nice but defiantly needs tweaking IMHO. hope this gets ironed out. Until then i am glad i kept the older update. from weeks ago. Great work, again hope to see this continue to be fine tuned, and enjoy your break you guys deserve it!!!

IDEA: can you check the surroundings around the player unit, periodically, Looking for Specific buildings of specific size and shape(two story and completed) and when a building is found and someone shoots, it uses the distance of the house and times the playback of an echo( from that house)? just imagine a fire fight entering a town theres a few echos in the distance because of the buildings (some behind you from building behind) but as you get closer to the city the echos increase and then, the closer you get in town you need more reverb.

I'd asked about city/forest detection but the general consensus was it was not practical because the amount of net code to include it in what is already running would create an fps nightmare.

I have a rather consistent error with this mod which makes missiles fired from the AH-9 behave incredibly strangely. They seem to fire out at an odd angle regardless of how my littlebird is tilted and appear to travel quite slowly as trails of smoke without a rocket even being visible. I've redownloaded twice and deleted old files each time to be sure. Any ideas, as this only seems to happen with SpeedofSound active. Just tried V2 and it does the same, only it and CBA active.

I'll look into this the best I can after Ive had a break, kinda random but I'm not sure I've seen what you mean but non the less I'll take a look.

we stopped using your mod due too many strange issues happening when using it.

you can easy recreate that bug by yourself.

host a mission with your mod enabled then let a friend join without your mod enabled.

after he shoots and hits a few times enemies his game will crash with a Steam Ticket Error.

I asked my friend how this happened.

he told me seconds after he did hit the enemy and saw the blood splash his game crashed.

my opinion is,

in the speedofsound_gibs.pbo must be something wrong.

did not try if problem goes away when your mod is loaded without that file.

sorry I have no time spare to bug track your mod further.

hope this helps a little

Get your friends rpt log from the games with the error and crash. I don't have this crash and haven't been able to reproduce it.

Oh yeah also are you hosting the mod on the server? It will only function client side. Not sure what will happen if you run the mod on the server.

seems you don't know the difference from host server and a dedicated server... !?

I did host with your mod enabled.

dedicated server I did not test

it is impossible to host any missions with your mod enabled?

then it's pointless for me to investigate any further.

Edited by maquez

I'll look into this the best I can after Ive had a break, kinda random but I'm not sure I've seen what you mean but non the less I'll take a look.

It's the same issue as was reported here, I believe:

We've encountered a problem that may be caused by speed of sound.

It seems that longer We play the less fps we get and it's maybe caused by the speed of sound package.

Also, it seems that it also alters the sightings on the Pawnee (armed hummingbird) My DAR-Rockets have a different landingpoints then my aimingsights and i'm standing still.

Would it be possible on a confirmation on one of these?

The pack is great and We effin love it, but if causes the named problems above we have to stop using it.

Yours

Pro

I'm experiencing same issue with the Pawnee as Marcai.

I must say I enjoyed the earlier versions of the mod more. In V2 the reverb is way to high in my opinion.

Is there a way to use your mod with another mod, like R3F French Weapons Pack ? (I get errors "missing sound scope", or something like that)

And I have sometimes a... strange bug :rolleyes: : when an AI speaks in the radio, its voice is reverberated and I hear him twice !

great mod, but in big battles i'm often get an error with _sSource setPosASL _projPos. Maybe you can add a check if _projPos is available befor making a setpos.

you can see it in this video at position 1:47.

thank you.

regards

moerderhoschi

Great update with the v2 loving the 30mm cannon rounds it sounds just like the youtube videos of gunships taking out insurgents. Awesome job man, looking forward to more progress. Just wanted to say thanks.

PS: How are we to know when updates are released for mods? Is there any sort of self-updater? I would hate to be playing with outdated mods!

Many thanks for the update v2 and core fix! Greatly improved the MOD. Suggestion. Have to increase the volume of shots in the third person? The missiles from helicopters are too slow and hitting different angles. Its slow the shot GM6 and M320? It is because that the animations do not recoil when firing out fast. Make the effect of blood style dust. Thank you and excuse any misinterpretation. Blame the terrible google translator. ;)

ThroBrasil you don't have to inform us about the google translator every time you make a post. Friendly advice :)

And talking about the mod I already expressed my gratitude to Bigpickle for his work. I can't play without this mod anymore.

Edited by Nikiforos

PS: How are we to know when updates are released for mods? Is there any sort of self-updater? I would hate to be playing with outdated mods!

Check the first page here or check Armaholic's news page. Just check quickly daily and you wont miss it. :)

Great update with the v2 loving the 30mm cannon rounds it sounds just like the youtube videos of gunships taking out insurgents. Awesome job man, looking forward to more progress. Just wanted to say thanks.

:D Thanks!

Sorry to report it but there is an issue with calling in mortar fire (using V2). Playing teh campaign mission Radio Silence and mortar rounds are WAY off target... Unloaded the mod and the problem goes away. Not sure what's going on?

Sorry to report it but there is an issue with calling in mortar fire (using V2). Playing teh campaign mission Radio Silence and mortar rounds are WAY off target... Unloaded the mod and the problem goes away. Not sure what's going on?

is because this mod changes the structure and weapons not only the sound.

same here. But the 500m going wrong mortar sounds epic! :o Using default speedofsound mixed with the mono gunshotsounds from his first release. I thought it was caused by mixing his versions.

everytime i launch with V2 or the latest update i am dissipointed.. The reverb is just bad.. i have a mission with over 50 ai enguaging each other .. and EVERY SHOT SOUNDS LIKE ITS FROM A TIN SHED.....

the reverb is just WRONG.... Please change it... Every gun sounds similar.. before each gun had its distinct sound now they all sound the same.. and like there all being shot from a small metal enclosure!!!!

The reverb is WRONG Please Change it... It sounds WAY TO RASPY .. Way to METALIC it really needs to be changed ....

It really SUX having to go back to an old outdated version of this mod that throws up errors constantly .. but the sounds are MUCH better in the old version... its like the mod took two steps foreward( few/no script/popup errors) and one step back (Horrible metallic reverb)

After re-reading this, I see that i was way to abrasive. so let me apologize to BP as i honestly had not thought it threw before posting. The general idea is that something is different in the sounds from the mono to stereo conversion.

my post was counter productive and again i apologize.

and to whom ever reported this post, this was NOT in ANY way administratively driven, I simply realized i had made an error and needed to apologize. but thank you none the less it was a little triangle beacon of wrongdoing.

Edited by Lordprimate

I gave your new version a try.

3rd person MX rifle gunshots sound like they're 100-200 yards away, not 3 or 4. First person gunshots sound like the previously mentioned distant audio with the metallic clang of the rifle. While if I rotated the camera in front of the shooter, the muzzle blast sounds proper.

I don't know how much you shooter you are or if you have military experience, but it doesn't sound right.

I tried it myself too. The V2. The standard rifles sounds seemed very distant even if you're standing next to someone.

First-person sounds were much more appropriate :)

Would have to agree, I feel it is somehow a speaker issue or somthing, because i do not believe it sounds as you intended it. Enjoying version 1 for now.

First person weapon sounds are too loud , I rather choose to shoot 3 person to avoid the loud sound.

Once again excellent mod and sounds that needs a little tweaking .

Would have to agree, I feel it is somehow a speaker issue or somthing, because i do not believe it sounds as you intended it. Enjoying version 1 for now.
I tried it myself too. The V2. The standard rifles sounds seemed very distant even if you're standing next to someone.

First-person sounds were much more appropriate :)

I gave your new version a try.

3rd person MX rifle gunshots sound like they're 100-200 yards away, not 3 or 4. First person gunshots sound like the previously mentioned distant audio with the metallic clang of the rifle. While if I rotated the camera in front of the shooter, the muzzle blast sounds proper.

I don't know how much you shooter you are or if you have military experience, but it doesn't sound right.

The only difference with V2 is the third person sounds, both mods are the same otherwise, knowing peoples tastes are different I thought I'd give the option.

The trade off with V2 is the third person sounds are taken from slightly further away meaning they don't sound as good up close as they do say 20m away a trade off I'm willing to take as its meant to be played in 1st person. Personally V2 is my favorite.

First person weapon sounds are too loud , I rather choose to shoot 3 person to avoid the loud sound.

Once again excellent mod and sounds that needs a little tweaking .

Haha I though they were but whiners went on so bad that I gave in.