Bigpickle, would you mind if I upload a config changing RH's M4/M16 pack to use your MX sounds? I will give full credit.

No thank you, its actually against forum rules.

People have been mentioning how third person sounds lack the noise that gun fire has in real life, I've done an experiment that i want you guys to test out as a comparison.

Make sure you store your pbo's that this test will replace, for your own choice.

http://www.multiupload.nl/9EG80LS3QH

let me what you think of the experiment

Edited by Bigpickle

No thank you, its actually against forum rules.

People have been mentioning how third person sounds lack the noise that gun fire has in real life, I've done an experiment that i want you guys to test out as a comparison.

Make sure you store your pbo's that this test will replace, for your own choice.

http://www.multiupload.nl/9EG80LS3QH

let me what you think of the experiment

Never shot in real life. I think the sound gives spring is too high. Looks like a second shot at some weapons. Google translator!

I would prefer the shooting sound in not scoped/aimed view. But maybe not as realistic, a matter of taste.

The near sounds sounded to much like a distant sound... don't know how to describe it, it just sounded distant, even though I'm standing right next to the shooter.. its loud yes, but it feels distant

testing that update in a simple squad vs squad mission, every gun sounded like it was being fired, Inside a small metal Shed..

The near sounds sounded to much like a distant sound... don't know how to describe it, it just sounded distant, even though I'm standing right next to the shooter.. its loud yes, but it feels distant

Yeah i know how you mean, I think im gonna do a combi sound with the test sounds and the old sound so we get the loudness crossed with the closeness which will hopefully be just right.

sounds good. Needs polished a bit. BUT I love it. The pop from the gun I like. It seems to be taking a hit on fps a lil though. Other than that sounds good just needs some polishing like Mr_Centipede mentioned. Like he said kind of hard to describe.

Hi BP,

First I would like to thank you for this mod. It transforms the game and give so much more immersion . I've noticed some issues however. The rocket and canon fire from the helicopters is way too loud. Almost ear damaging loud at the moment. With the test update there's too much reverb especially when your in a valley.

Other than these small problems I must say it sounds really great!

hey bp, sorry to say that but the gunshots have completely lost their "energy" :(

(tested in a west squad)

Edited by JumpingHubert

hey bp, sorry to say that but the gunshots have completely lost their "energy" :(

(tested in a west squad)

I concur with this statement. I like some of the features in the new version although I might merge some of the older sounds back ;)

Edited by deadgiveaway
Rambling

Thanks for informing us of the newest release mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for informing us of the newest release mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks! Download Now! This update now includes the new weapons of the campaign?

Edited by ThorBrasil

@BigPickle

I think your mod is very good, but the last update is not what I expected. I think the sounds of weapons and explosions were better before the update.

Do players tastes really differ this much? I think the new update made the sounds better. There are still bugs and weird sounds, but the newest update made the mod more complete. Did BP tweak the weapon sounds? Some of them sound really good, but could use more volume or bass.

Great mod.

I also think the new update sounds better overall.

One strange thing I noticed while testing for a little while.

I was all alone around some buildings and heard dogs barking around me and people whistling really close and a door closing sometimes.

Great work!

Edited by Alex2k

After much play. New sounds worsened the mod. I prefer the old sound of the guns. The firing of the weapons are too high. I will stop using this MOD. I'll wait for the next update. Thank you.

Do players tastes really differ this much?

This is the proverbial cross sound modders tend to carry--it's difficult to please everyone all the time. I've tried the mod myself and have been impressed. LOVE the sonic cracks and explosions hands down. My only hope is BP doesn't burn himself out trying to please everyone and feel forced to constant change everything all the time. Otherwise he'll be stuck in a never ending loop of hell. Anyways, bravo on the releases. Really good stuff. :)

Thanks Yokhanan your words hinted at the sentiment i was about to post.

Chaps this is my mod made for me, I don't mind acting upon suggestions of course but I'm not going backwards and forwards changing it to suit everyone but me.

Right now the mod doesn't sound like how I want it too, some are saying the weapons have worsened the mod make me laugh as they ARE the original sounds you had all along only with a slight echo added to third person shots, hence why I posted that test to show you how much echo there should be from raw gunfire.

I'm putting up SpeedOfSoundV2 at some point tonight/tomorrow (so you have a choice between 2 versions ) This is the version that I choose to play with as it reminds me of my military days.

SpeedOfSound is a has more handheld subtle gunfire.

SpeedOfSoundV2 is more raw, loud and full of echo like in real life, (echo from woodland and urban environments) those of you who are shooters and have used weapons I suspect might prefer this version with is designed to be played in First Person View.

Edited by Bigpickle

So I've experimented with this mod and it has it's ups and downs. Some gun sound effects are good while others sound strange, from certain angles or distances.

I have noticed some other effects which seem completely unrelated to sound at all. Can anyone provide more details about this mod and what else it changes that is not related to sound? I think I noticed more smoke which is welcomed and chunky red triangles flying off people's bodies. Am I close?

Been using it since release any non the of updates have made me changed my mind, happy with the current version and nice touch on adding a V2 will try and compare and contrast but current version is more than fine for myself.

Thanks for the effort mate.

Awesome! Also, the gunship and jet cannon sounds suck! Same with the tank MG sounds.

The lynx sniper rifle sounds is the best gun sound I've ever heard. Rocking.

Some vanilla weapons are still recoiless =/ (I thought this update was supposed to fix this and others issues)