Please if you can make first person sounds less loud I would be a happy person :)

gve v2 a try, never been at war, but now i can say, i was! Great work, tried assault on factory mission, with big firefight, realism! :D

Hey Bigpickle don't make the mistake of trying to please everyone and over tweak your mod to much and eventually ruining it.

I thought it was great right from the start and I personally like version 1 the best.

Also have you reduced the sounds for the Sh_120mm_HE explosions ? they seem a lot quieter then they were at the start, I could be wrong though.

Hey Bigpickle don't make the mistake of trying to please everyone and over tweak your mod to much and eventually ruining it.

I thought it was great right from the start and I personally like version 1 the best.

Also have you reduced the sounds for the Sh_120mm_HE explosions ? they seem a lot quieter then they were at the start, I could be wrong though.

I agree with this too, first version made a huge impression, but latest version does seem a little "off"

to be the top-whiner I prefer the gunshot-pbo´s from early first version (wich you couldn´t download anymore (the one with the mono-gunshotsounds)) combined with v1 and I get the best infantryfight experience ever had. I only had them to fire up with Crystalizer on 50% in the x-fi control panel. Thats my sweet spot. So everyone with an x-fi soundcard and the first version of speedofsound: give it a try and you get gunshots like hell :D

Nah volumes are the same, just converted to stereo to make use of BIS's fabled new sound engine :(

The Sh_120mm_HE is a tank round so i gave it a sound for that purpose, hopefully bis will make some content and we can have some proper arty specific shells and guns.

Thank you so much for this great sound mod.

Decided to try this mod because the [EUTW] teatime server allows the key, along with sthud.

So, if you're looking to hear this mod in a populated MP server, try there.

Server info: http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/24861

First off, I gotta say I realy love the details and depth in the sounds in this mod. I have been using JSRS for a while but after finding this I am very much in love with Speed of sound. My biggest problems with it right now is the INCREDIBLE difference in sound levels. I understand that a hmg on a marshall is quite a bit louder than a normal rifle, but it's so much louder than the rest that I have to turn the volume al the way down so I don't get any hearing damage, but then the rest of the game is almost muted. The best example are that the normal hand grenade is almost making me deaf, while an explosive charge sounds like its 500 meters away even if they are detonated at the same range.

Are there any way for me to manually adjust the volume of each sound as I would very much be able to use this mod and not destroy my eardrums/run around with a muted game everytime someone shoots a vehicle?

One thing that I find a bit odd is that the gunshot sound seems totally different depending on if you are aiming down the sights versus "hip-fire" (which isn't really hip fire in ArmA 3, but you get the idea). It doesn't seem like that's very realistic to me? I mean you are moving the weapon like 6 inches to your face.

HAve you noticed Pickle, that the mortar no does not hit where its aimed the rounds fall significantly short. This lead to me not being able to complete teh arty part of the campaign mission. I had to kill all of the enemy with my rifle. Its kind of a game breaker.

---------- Post added at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Sorry to report it but there is an issue with calling in mortar fire (using V2). Playing teh campaign mission Radio Silence and mortar rounds are WAY off target... Unloaded the mod and the problem goes away. Not sure what's going on?

Ah OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one. the rest of the mod is great! I wish the ambient sounds could be taken out as they just don't make sense. I'm listening on a hill for enemy gunfire and I hear some but the enemy isn't shooting. Leading me to do a bunch of things that aren't needed (like walk into the town I thought I heard the gunshots from. a 30 minute exercise in frustration. than I learned that they were "ambient".............. again jsut not needed. the sound speak for themselves when they are heard for real.

About the mortar ^

I played the campaign with no mods at all on my first playthrough.

The mortars were impossible to aim with then too so It's not because of a sound mod. They must just be really hard to aim with.

@Bigpickle, I did test the V1 version too, and I must say I really enjoyed the new experience it could give.

Have you looked into the MX rifles not having any recoil at all in V1? I have that problem too now and I just downloaded the mod from the first page.

Also, I get a corrupt version of the gibs addon too when extracting the archive. Every time.

I first downloaded this and installed it:

http://www.multiupload.nl/Z3CIY2Q34A

Then this and extracted the Hotfix files into the main folder:

http://www.multiupload.nl/R0EQF3BIE4

Could you look into it? :)

@mortar

thanks for this clarification. Good to know. But to make shure: fails the mortar up to 700m without mods?

HAve you noticed Pickle, that the mortar no does not hit where its aimed the rounds fall significantly short. This lead to me not being able to complete teh arty part of the campaign mission. I had to kill all of the enemy with my rifle. Its kind of a game breaker.

---------- Post added at 02:21 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Ah OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one. the rest of the mod is great! I wish the ambient sounds could be taken out as they just don't make sense. I'm listening on a hill for enemy gunfire and I hear some but the enemy isn't shooting. Leading me to do a bunch of things that aren't needed (like walk into the town I thought I heard the gunshots from. a 30 minute exercise in frustration. than I learned that they were "ambient".............. again jsut not needed. the sound speak for themselves when they are heard for real.

About the mortar ^

I played the campaign with no mods at all on my first playthrough.

The mortars were impossible to aim with then too so It's not because of a sound mod. They must just be really hard to aim with.

@AlexVestin Its definitely Speed of Sound causing the mortar problem.

I wish I had of seen these posts before I gave the Devs a mouth full about the same problem and got myself a warning. And on further investigating I found the problem to be caused by this sound mod.

I made an AI operated mortars script awhile ago and when I tried it today the mortar rounds do not make it to there targets which I blamed the devs for. Then I removed all the mods I was using and added them back one at a time and Speed of Sound was the one causing the problem.

Yeah, after further testing I noticed some strange things too (MX rifles no recoil), so it's possible that something in this mod is causing it.

@AlexVestin Its definitely Speed of Sound causing the mortar problem.

I wish I had of seen these posts before I gave the Devs a mouth full about the same problem and got myself a warning. And on further investigating I found the problem to be caused by this sound mod.

I made an AI operated mortars script awhile ago and when I tried it today the mortar rounds do not make it to there targets which I blamed the devs for. Then I removed all the mods I was using and added them back one at a time and Speed of Sound was the one causing the problem.

Ah so it's this mod that's been causing the issue. Thank-god for that. I thought it was an issue with Arma:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167939-Mortars-behaving-very-strangely-when-using-quot-doArtilleryFire-quot

Like I said before this sound mod is Great but it seems to be trying to accomplish other things than just sounds. Which makes it go bad with Other mods. Maybe if things were a bit more modular, or completely different mods all together that you could dl as a pack? I don't know but those two things (the mortar and the ambient sounds) are the only killers for me with this mod. Otherwise its rivaling JSRS, which is no small feat at all!

you buddies have to learn to test Arma3 for related bugs

without any mods enabled

before starting whining and claiming Arma3 for too much bugs.

mod developers have to learn to test addons more extensively before releasing them.

Edited by maquez

mod developers have to learn to test addons more extensively before releasing them.

and some mod users have to learn that modders makes mods for free and to stop with senseless claims. You can use it or give constructive feedback....or leave it.

gotta say that i'm liking the new V1 sounds, especially from a distance those sound great! not a huge fan of the MX sounds but they're tolerable and i'll get used to them, but i really don't like the sound of the Katiba. it sounds so dense/dull as if recorded inside a hangar at a distance. hoping that gets another go at or at least be made a bit sharper.

@Bigpickle: Would it be possible for the original version of the mod to be posted somewhere? I keep hearing people talking about it but I guess I got here late to the party, so I never got to try it. Might help with feedback versus newer versions. Thanks!

Am I the only person getting an error like "Cannot play mission, content deleted by XXX SpeedOfSound issues" ? I'm trying to replay the A3 campaign for youtube and it's a pain in the a*s having to play allll the way from the beginning of a mission back to just before I died and hit record like nothing happened. It's absolutely worth it (the missions are short and this mod is great), but I'd like an ETA on that and the Scorpion Evo getting fixed.

@Bigpickle: Would it be possible for the original version of the mod to be posted somewhere? I keep hearing people talking about it but I guess I got here late to the party, so I never got to try it. Might help with feedback versus newer versions. Thanks!

uploaded it to my googledrive

LINK REMOVED

Edited by MadDogX
link removed

So this 4 files are these which people talking about? Do i need all 4? I have actually the latest SpeedofSound mod installed, but i want to try it too which is worth these much talking^^