Yeah the mortar thing and littlebird rocket issue has been fixed. .

Any chance we could get another hotfix for the above? IMO it's pretty game breaking. It's the only reason I am truly not able to enjoy your sound mod to the fullest extent.

While we wait for the next patch any chance for a hotfix of those two items?

Thanks,

Hazey

I've ran into a real issues with playsound3d, I'm getting a delay on my first person sounds and they are trailing behind the 3rd person shot instead of blending with it. Probably will take a while to fix if indeed it is fixable, I'm experimenting with different work rounds but its not looking too pretty tbh. I will keep you updated as to how its going.

As someone kindly pointed out for me I am an amateur when it comes to audio, I do this for fun and its no profession so I do indeed lack skills that an audio engineer would possess, I understand the basics but for me the talent lays in the "vision" or the "ear for sound concept" and I've met many engineers who have neither, so I cant be that shit lol even if one person shares my enjoyment then that's a bonus.

Enjoy, and thanks mods for cleaning up.

Edited by Bigpickle

Is this fix for both the normal as well as the V2 version or only for one specific version?

Just tried the hotfix and it didn't work, at least the FFAR still are slow and invisible. Double-checked aswell.

have some Problems with e.g. fireplaces. it is very loud and when i put them out i still hear the sound. If 2 fireplaces are on one place the Sound of both are still to hear even when they are off and this sound produces some very heavy double sounds.

is to lower the sound of the receipt of the shots? Is very high. I'll go deaf even with low volume. If download more my sound I do not hear other sounds. Only the crack and burst shot in my direction. Thanks! I like to enjoy the sounds of your MOD. Only you have to balance to make the most of the experience. Thanks and merry christmas! Thanks!

Bigpickle - absolutely love the mod completely takes the game up a notch especially the blood mist! - couple of questions

1)I am running the v2 version of the mod which I think is the most realistic of the 2 versions - but how do I know if I am running the most up to date version? - I note from the forum there are a few hotfixes around for the V2 (one hotfix for V2 on page 1 of this post and then a classname and a core fix on armaholic website - not sure if this is for V1 or V2 of the mod) - which one should I be using and how should I install the file?

2)There seem to be a lot of discussion on broken saved games - I have started getting this also in scenarios or editor SP missions - just cant seem to revert to any of my saved games anymore (really annoying) -is there a work around?

Edited by mac22

Hi guys, I have a frustrting CTD problem.. I'm running the Speed of Sound Mod and I have random CTD while playing online... The game just freeze dropping his Frames to 0 and than I have to Alt+Tab to quit... When I do i find an "Arma 3 has stopped working" popup..

Can this depend on the Mod?

reported already a similar problem,

the only difference is, it make used online crash people that don't use this mod.

this mod seems to have a problem online.

reported already a similar problem,

the only difference is, it make used online crash people that don't use this mod.

this mod seems to have a problem online.

So if I understand right, I'm having problem using this mod online while you have problem while NOT using this mod online?

Lol

holy crap my english :o

we stopped using your mod due too many strange issues happening when using it.

you can easy recreate that bug by yourself.

host a mission with your mod enabled then let a friend join without your mod enabled.

after he shoots and hits a few times enemies his game will crash with a Steam Ticket Error.

I asked my friend how this happened.

he told me seconds after he did hit the enemy and saw the blood splash his game crashed.

my opinion is,

in the speedofsound_gibs.pbo must be something wrong.

did not try if problem goes away when your mod is loaded without that file.

sorry I have no time spare to bug track your mod further.

hope this helps a little

hope now you understand

Edited by maquez

Bigpickle many thanks installed the V2 + Hotfix file - also do I need to install the MortarFFAR hotfix which appears around p39 of this thread or is that included in the p1 file?

Could someone also please help with an issue I am having with saved games that I noticed discussed earlier in this thread - I am running the Dev Build and have a few mods running including speed of sound and recently started having issues playing the saved games I create during my missions (I usually play editor created missions or sometimes showcase missions SP also) - before I simply selected the saved game I want from the load menu and simply loaded the saved game - now when I select the load saved game option I go to some new screen with the rating/duration/objectives of the mission I am playing - when I select continue at this point the game just reverts to the main in game menu or I have even found myself in a group channel screen - but whatever I try I can't load any of the saved games I create which is very frustrating (note I already have unlimited saved games selected in the difficulty) - unsure if this problem is caused by a mod I am using such as speed of sound or an update or something I have selected in game - hope someone can help because its ruining the game for me at the moment!!

Edited by mac22

Hey Bp how come mortar and artillery rounds sound like a wet fart when they explode now instead of the beefy sounds they had when you first released Speed of Sound ? I'm not enjoying the wet fart sound, was better before.

Here's 2 recordings, the first one I recorded when you first released Speed of Sound and the 2nd one is of your current version. You can hear the dramatic change in the artillery sounds.

Beefy artillery sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV4VOoSmkZI&feature=youtu.be

Wet fart artillery sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwfM1o6hZZ4&feature=youtu.be

I know its your sound mod and you want it how you want it but me personally I think the original artillery sound sounds better.

Cheers.

Edited by PartyHead

Hello,

Let me write you a message, because I wanted to say that this mod is really well done! I've heard in a true exchange of shot between the GIGN (France) and a terrorist (Case mohamed mehra) gunshots heard in the surrounding streets, look exactly the sound you've done for the game

I'm just bluffing! bravo

Good luck for the future! and sorry for my poor english ;)

edit: I use the V2 version

Edited by fenek

Whats the class name for the arty shells your calling in the video? since bis hasn't made any arty shells ie ones that can be fired rather than spawned i was messing around with them and they probably were not finished. To be honest I'm not bothering with the mod right now as I'm still waiting for bis to finish the game and to fix a bug that floors the mod.

let's say wet fart some more. it's fun ;)

to me the second video jsut sounds like they are further away but hte same sounds. maybe soem changes in the distant sound code?

Whats the class name for the arty shells your calling in the video? since bis hasn't made any arty shells ie ones that can be fired rather than spawned i was messing around with them and they probably were not finished. To be honest I'm not bothering with the mod right now as I'm still waiting for bis to finish the game and to fix a bug that floors the mod.

The shells in the video's Bp are spawned "Sh_120mm_HE" but I've tried "Sh_82mm_AMOS", "Sh_155mm_AMOS" and "R_230mm_fly" rocket shells and I've also tried using artillery units firing the shells rather then spawning them and the effect seems to be the same.

let's say wet fart some more. it's fun ;)

to me the second video just sounds like they are further away but the same sounds. maybe some changes in the distant sound code?

I was thinking the same as Bad Benson.

Cheers.

Guys I need help...

I'm continuing to get CTDs while playining Arma online using Speed of Sound. I've tried to play many hours the sounds-vanilla version

online without getting any errors. I do this:

Open Arma 3

Let this mod ON :

-Speed of Sound

-Event Handlers

-CBA 3.0

Am I doing something wrong?

Sh_120mm_HE

This one is a tank round. I thought it would be arty but then they introduced the tanks and they fire this shell so I had to change the shell sound accordingly. The reason these sounded more like arty in the beginning was because the clan i was in at the time was modding Domi and they used this shell as arty.

"Sh_82mm_AMOS", "Sh_155mm_AMOS"

These two are mortar rounds.

"R_230mm_fly"

This on is the MLRS type rocket.

Until BIS make some arty I cant change any sounds to suit because multiple weapons use the same ammo class and this happens a lot in arma 3 so far.

Guys I need help...

I'm continuing to get CTDs while playining Arma online using Speed of Sound. I've tried to play many hours the sounds-vanilla version

online without getting any errors. I do this:

Open Arma 3

Let this mod ON :

-Speed of Sound

-Event Handlers

-CBA 3.0

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean by running Event Handlers? are you running them separately or something?

Anyhow go download the latest CBA (version 4 beta I think) and run SOS and CBA, you shouldn't have any issues.

When the game has been completed I can make a single download for the latest release version, at the moment if i make a mistake or if bis change something I'm having to make hotfixes. Kinda gets confusing so that's why nothing more is coming till the game is further down the road and I've decided fully how I want my mod to sound in the end.

Edited by Bigpickle