Is there a better changelog than what is shown on Armaholic?

I don't have the luxury of downloading every mod on a whim because of bandwith restrictions, there were some pretty major issues with the last version, but I'd be willing to give it a go if I saw some videos or a changelog.

thats by far the best version of all the sos-versions. Many thats for sharing!

a little bug: if you´re injured there is a kind of zombiesound in the background :D

Yeah kudos for the upgrade ! Very nice sounds !

Though, I think I've found one bug with the Sting 9 mm, if someone shoots at you with it, after each shot and with a little delay (0.5s~) you hear a kind of "knock".

thats by far the best version of all the sos-versions. Many thats for sharing!

Agreed 100% I was sporting a migraine but didn't want to sleep it off, so in my boredom while browsing ArmAholic I noticed the new version was out. So I figured, "Eh, what the hell....give 'er a shot". I' have to say, this is definitely the best evolution of your soundmod. There's not a whole lot about it that I don't like. Yes, I am a member of the JSRS Studio and sure I felt a bit like I was being naughty trying this out, lol, but I also like to see what the community is up to and see their hard work for myself. Loved the downwash effects and the choppers overall.

There was one thing though that was a bit annoying in a funny way and that was the brakes on the vehicles like the hunter, ifrit, and the AAF's car. When you are going slow, the brakes sound fx freak out and makes it sound as if you are driving a very asthmatic clown car--honking and wheezing all over the place. :p The sound fx are good, it's just I think just the config/timing might need some tweaking of values of some sort so it's not rapidly playing them at LMG speed, since it smooths out once you hit max mph. I think I remember LJ having to mess around with brakes and stuff to get everything timed right.

But other than that, I think it's definitely enjoyable and quite immersive. Keep up the excellent work, mate. Liking the next/updated direction you are taking your project. :)

Is this new version more v1 or v2?

yep, same question for me, because I like the V2 version.

Haven't tested the new version yet, but love it already! ;)

Have tested it now and I still love it... generally. :( There are some things which bother me though:

- The grenades (either handthrown or the launched ones) are very, very silent in comparison to all other sounds.

- It may be just me, but gunshots fired in close proximity sound very silent too, as if the volume drops significantly quicker at the first 100 meters. In 1.3 you really had the feel that you get into a scrap storm as soon as hell breaks loose around you, now it feels a bit lame to get into a firefight.

- The reverb on gunshots is kind of bugged in the new version: I can hear a difference between the gunshots themselves if I shoot inside a building and outside. But the reverb seems to be the same.

- The removal of the original breathing samples in and of itself is a great thing, but I somehow had hoped that they'd be replaced with other breathing samples. Hearing no breathing at all unfortunately removes a large amount of immersion (funny enough more than the iron lungs from the BI samples did.)

I hope you take my prospect into consideration.

- It may be just me, but gunshots fired in close proximity sound very silent too, as if the volume drops significantly quicker at the first 100 meters.

complete contrary experience with the gunshots of mx´s and katiba´s family. Shots in third person and nearby to 100m are very very loud and powerful and thats what i like :).

What soundhardware do you use? I get my results with headphones @x-fi (cmss2-headphone modus without any pimping via crystalizer)

- The reverb on gunshots is kind of bugged in the new version: I can hear a difference between the gunshots themselves if I shoot inside a building and outside. But the reverb seems to be the same.

I have to define my opinion on this: The reverb (of your own shots in 1st person) does have a difference between inside and out, but the reverb tail sounds... odd. Very odd inside of buildings. In the previous versions there has been this particular clang if you fired a rifle inside of a building. In the new version it's more like a (slightly) treble cut version of the outside reverb tail. The reverb time seems to be more or less the same, non dependant on the surroundings.

You can hear a wonderful difference between gunshots inside and outside though, if other's are shooting.

complete contrary experience with the gunshots of mx´s and katiba´s family. Shots in third person and nearby to 100m are very very loud and powerful and thats what i like :).

What soundhardware do you use? I get my results with headphones @x-fi (cmss2-headphone modus without any pimping via crystalizer)

Your own shots in 3rd person are fine, just as shots fired in very close proximity (up to 15 to 20 meters). But firefights around you (heard from 1st person from 20 to 200 meters) are a bit too muffled (at least compared to the versions before). The loss of volume within the first 200 meters seems to be far too high compared with the range between 300 and 800 meters. Additionally the sonic cracks seem to be much quiter compared to V1.

I have a similar setup as you have. Logitech 2.1-System @x-fi xtreme Gamer. But it doesn't matter which device I use (external audio interface with AKG-Headphones or a Logitech G35), the volumes are quite the same. Plus they have been quite powerful in previous versions with the same setup - and now they aren't.

Edited by Pergor

Sounds great so far!!! Love it! The only thing so far is the tank fire and explosions seem a bit muffled.

Edited by Mikey74

@Pergor

ok I misread your posting a little bit. I played v1 and v2 only a short while and a long time ago so I can´t compare with the actual version in that precise way.

Can anyone confirm the very muted "zombie-moaning" when injured? Played as nato marksman.

@JumpingHubert Is that what I'm hearing. Yes I think I can confirm that. I'm also hearing what sounds like typing. I think its a distant ambient firefight.

Is this new version more v1 or v2?

Changelog:

- A good comprimise between version 1 & 2 for reverb (back to single mod version now)

Now there is no scream bpo...so what is the zoombi sound pbo?So i can delete it?

Edit: is the movement.pbo.

Edited by Grillob3

Ref the zombie sounds, kinda random, i used BIS's parameters and used my samples, so im guessing the params are funky, never heard it myself but i'll address it.

Will pump up the "close" portion of my distance script that should create a better blend into mid distance.

Reference the muffled tanks, are you in it, near it whats your distance from it?

Glad your all liking it thus far.

I like this mod as well. The only thing is that distant sounds seems to low. Maybe it's something wrong at my end.

I like this mod as well. The only thing is that distant sounds seems to low. Maybe it's something wrong at my end.

No, I forgot to mention it as well. Did observe that as well, but past that really enjoyed SoS.

Love where SoS is going at the moment, keep up the good work I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the Zafir 7.62 LMG's sound is pretty deafening compared to all the other weapons. Any plans on tweaking the volume levels of that specific gun?

I'm outside as an infantryman. Two building away and they kind of sound like they are several miles away, BUT when I'm several blocks away they sound fairly good. The town of Argia Marina. maybe 50 meters away sounds kinda muffled. Same with Art blasts it seems. But when I'm over 200 meters away it seems to be much louder. Other than that I agree with Grillob3. Deffo the most immersive sound mod to date! imho as well

Regarding the volumes, it appears there is no solution to this at present. What is a reasonable level for my pc/game appears to low for some and to high for others so I'm not gonna mess around too much with volumes, especially as the sound engine doesn't even support sound occlusion and other such standard features.

Regarding the volumes, it appears there is no solution to this at present. What is a reasonable level for my pc/game appears to low for some and to high for others so I'm not gonna mess around too much with volumes, especially as the sound engine doesn't even support sound occlusion and other such standard features.

Yeah don't mess with them. Your job is to equalize your sounds so that they're at similar levels as the default sounds in ArmA 3, it's not doable to make 100% perfect sounds for every occasion just by adjusting levels.

The sound engine is BIS' job to improve.

Excellent mod Bigpickle.

I've really enjoyed the distant sounds from engagements, this is my prefered soundmod for a reason!

Large scale assaults sounds so alive and hectic, something I've really missed in A3. And it's just not the large scale attacks, but ambushes and skirmishes sounds so amazing aswell.

Quick question: I don't see the bi.key inlcuded on the latest version. Did you miss it? To be able to run it on a server I need the bi key.

Its no biggy. Its Not a game killer. Still the best sound mod out so far.