Guys I need help...

I'm continuing to get CTDs while playining Arma online using Speed of Sound. I've tried to play many hours the sounds-vanilla version

online without getting any errors. I do this:

Open Arma 3

Let this mod ON :

-Speed of Sound

-Event Handlers

-CBA 3.0

Am I doing something wrong?

no buddy you don't do anything wrong

there are already I think more than 3 people claiming there is a problem with this mod online.

Bigpickle you can test this easy by yourself.

join a server with your mod enabled you will see after a short time the game crashes.

host a mission with your mod enabled and ask a friend to join but without your mod enabled,

your friends game will crash after a while.

please, please remove the blood effects. It conflicts with Blastcore and just looks like a mist of blood (way 2 much)

please, please remove the blood effects. It conflicts with Blastcore and just looks like a mist of blood (way 2 much)

just take out the speedofsound_gibs.pbo file and it will remove the blood effects, He made it modular so if you didn't like something you could take it out.

This is my favorite sound mod, i tried JSRS and this sounded wayyyyy better to my ears. thank you for your hard work.

just take out the speedofsound_gibs.pbo file and it will remove the blood effects, He made it modular so if you didn't like something you could take it out.

This is my favorite sound mod, i tried JSRS and this sounded wayyyyy better to my ears. thank you for your hard work.

Oh god I wish I checked back before testing different pbos. I found it but thank you. And for anyone else interested, Remove horns to get rid of those ridiculous vehicle horn sounds ;]

Problem with that idea Mandrake is that your going to get a conflict with weapons using the same sounds.

one sound mod is going to be dominant over the other based on the I would think the config priority that the game reads first.

Worth a try i suppose.

no buddy you don't do anything wrong

there are already I think more than 3 people claiming there is a problem with this mod online.

Bigpickle you can test this easy by yourself.

join a server with your mod enabled you will see after a short time the game crashes.

host a mission with your mod enabled and ask a friend to join but without your mod enabled,

your friends game will crash after a while.

I get no crashes when running the mod alone with cba. Online or Offline be running my mod online since i started making it.

Edited by Bigpickle

Hello,

with respect I have your Speed Of Sound mode on my sight for a while but I admite I have not yet used/dled it due to the complexity and the known issues reported on some youtube vídeos where error messages pop up while playing.

May I ask you to organize alittle better the first post with clear info on each version, which is the current one and if they have hotfixes?

I believe there are 2 version, each with one hotfix, correct me If I'm wrong? Could you just pbo and compress the latest version to a compressed file so people can be more confidente on the sound mod?

Sorry for the stupid questions and the dumb requests, but if you clear the ideas on the 1st topic, the new people like myseld will try and like your mod :)

I want to try it but with a more organize compressed version, without hotfix.

EDIT 1: Note the Hotfix link seems NOT to be working at the moment. "Invalid or Deleted File": "The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire."

Kind Regards and keep up the great work.

b6

Edited by bravo 6
the hotfix link doesnt work at the moment

I'll update my mod when the game is finished and i have the time to complete the mod. Nothing more is coming till then. Armaholic links all work fine.

I've heard some one say gibs clashes with blastcore, and it makes sense they probably would since probably both mod the same thing. I've pm'd blastcore's author so sit tight, till then remove gibs pbo and bisign if your game crashes.

Like I said: Your 1st post is not clear.

On Holic we have this info:

Download from FTP #1: SpeedOfSound (mirror 1)

"or"

Download from FTP #2: SpeedOfSound (mirror 2)

and

Requirments:

- SpeedOfSound Classname Fix

- SpeedOfSound Core Hotfix

- Community Base addons A3

On your 1st post you have V1 and V2 and the hotfix where the link is not working.

Question: how many fix do people need to run after installing Version 1 or Version 2? From Holic info theres Classname Fix and a Core Hotfix.

After installing SOS_v2 what do I need to install?

bravo 6

SofSV2 is one of the best mods for ARMA3 but I tend to agree its all a bit confusing different versions and hot fixes all over the web - would be great just to have a single updated download for the V2 version (in my opinion the best and most realistic of all the sound mods out there!!).

Also having a strange issue with my saved games not working.......

EDIT: just discovered the issue with the saved games is somehow connected with running speed of sound mod - note with SofSV2 enabled I have the problem with the saved games not loading properly with SofS disabled they work fine - strangely I have only once got the saved games working with SofS enabled this was when I accidently had both SofS and JSRA 2.0 sound mod running at the same time?!? - BP not sure if your aware of this one (also had some issues with the blood mist since I installed blast core mod last night)

Edited by mac22

yeah there's too many versions, when BIS finish the game there will only be one version that's coming all other will be deleted and the choice of versions will be gone. 2 sound mods will conflict you have to choose or mix pbos to have a combination of both say jsrs vehicles my gun etc etc.

I'll re-write the main page.

BP thanks for the update.......yep I had the SofS and JSRS both enabled by accident and while they appeared to run I am sure there might be some conflicts........

My 2 main issues are now with blast core and SofS I seem to lose some of the blood mist effect (which I think is great!) and this saved game issue I have with SofS (its strange when I try and load a saved game with SofS enabled I go into this splash screen that shows the name of the mission I am playing and lots of detail like rating/duration/reverts/objectives and then it basically doesn't let me load any of the saved games but reverts to the main menu and I have to start again - weird thing is with both SofS and JSRS enabled saved games work fine - anyone any ideas on how to resolve this or can it be fixed in the update?(note I am running the dev build)

I think there is a bug concerning the throw sound when using a suppressed weapon and in first person. If you throw an item using an unsuppressed weapon, the throw sound will play as intended, but with a suppressed weapon, rather than the throw sound, the suppressed weapon fire sound plays upon throwing an item like a smoke grenade/HE grenade. Most irritating as this combination is quite commonly encountered as it occurs independent of weapon choice and worse, it doesn't seem to be resolved whether you remove the speedofsound_throw.pbo. and/or speedofsound_suppressed.pbo. Please help BigPickle, even if it doesn't warrant a beta fix could you put a revised file up in the thread? I love the core of the mod and would be sad to leave it.

Edited by Flaky

Thank you guys and thank you for organizing the 1st post! And please don't take me wrong.. I just put those feedback because I think your mod has potencial.

My feedback regarding @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2 + MortarFFAR_hotfix + 3_@SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix: I'm sorry to say but in general I was not convinced. Some sounds don't seem natural (some sounds are too cushioned/fuggy/stuffy) but others look really nice.

Maybe I did something wrong when I installed the mod?!

I installed by this order as it was on armaholic:

1st - @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

2nd - MortarFFAR_hotfix

3rd - @SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix

Is this the correct installation procedure? Can some one help me confirm this?

Regards,

EDIT 1: Sorry don't know the right word to use. But as if the firing sounds are closed..

Edited by bravo 6
typo: some sounds are too cushioned/fuggy/stuffy

Thank you guys and thank you for organizing the 1st post! And please don't take me wrong.. I just put those feedback because I think your mod has potencial.

My feedback regarding @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2 + MortarFFAR_hotfix + 3_@SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix: I'm sorry to say but in general I was not convinced. Some sounds don't seem natural (some sounds are too cushioned/fuggy/stuffy) but others look really nice.

Maybe I did something wrong when I installed the mod?!

I installed by this order as it was on armaholic:

1st - @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

2nd - MortarFFAR_hotfix

3rd - @SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix

Is this the correct installation procedure? Can some one help me confirm this?

Regards,

EDIT 1: Sorry don't know the right word to use. But as if the firing sounds are closed..

You need the Speedof Sound V2 Core Hotfix ;)

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

ah ok. I read somewhere the core fix was for sos v1 or sos v2.

Thanks.

EDIT:

So what is the correct file order installation for each version? Are these correct?

Maybe something similar on 1st post?

V1:

1 - @SpeedOfSoundBeta

2 - @SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix

3 - MortarFFAR_hotfix

V2:

1 - @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

2 - V2+Hotfix

3 - MortarFFAR_hotfix

Edited by bravo 6
add possible order installation for each version (pending confirmation)

ah ok. I read somewhere the core fix was for sos v1 or sos v2.

Thanks.

EDIT:

So what is the correct file order installation for each version? Are these correct?

Maybe something similar on 1st post?

V1:

1 - @SpeedOfSoundBeta

2 - @SpeedOfSoundBeta_Hotfix

3 - MortarFFAR_hotfix

V2:

1 - @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

2 - V2+Hotfix

3 - MortarFFAR_hotfix

I would say the V2Core Hotfix comes at last position, but i wont tell any wrong, better u wait for the Author. Only can say that in my "Download" folder the Mortar Fix was downloaded 2 days before the V2 Core Hotfix

I would say the V2Core Hotfix comes at last position, but i wont tell any wrong, better u wait for the Author. Only can say that in my "Download" folder the Mortar Fix was downloaded 2 days before the V2 Core Hotfix

I post here some test vídeo examples of the sound mod @SpeedOfSoundBetaV2 I have installed (ACRE is included sorry):

test #1

IjqFDXdfmyw

@SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

@ACRE

(a stupid Bass Boost Enhancement was added on my side)

http://youtu.be/IjqFDXdfmyw

test #2

VERGEyY9FrQ

http://youtu.be/VERGEyY9FrQ

@SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

@ACRE

(a stupid bass Boost enhancement was added on my side)

test #3

YP3X__0nrT8

@SpeedOfSoundBetaV2

@ACRE

(a stupid bass Boost enhancement was added on my side)

http://youtu.be/YP3X__0nrT8

Question: is this how the sound mod should sound like? Or did I miss anything?

Observations (I for one believe the following need improvement):

- The fly by sound bullets doesn't seem as in real life. They have a more smooth sound FFfffff FFffffff. you could remove the PppFfff Pppfff

- The closest firing weapons have stange low sounds, as they are padded/cushioned, is it a bug? Did I miss any installation?

Example: a machinegun fire next to me seem its a bit far and seems to have a closed sound.

- The environment wind is too strong, could be lower.

- There are alot of crickets in day light as if night.

- The random whistle sounds now and then is it really necessary?

- I like the helicopter effect sound but when they are really close to us the sound should be different and louder. It doesn't give me the right distance perception. Same happens with enemy weapon firing sounds.

.. when BIS finish the game there will only be one version that's coming all other will be deleted and the choice of versions will be gone.

This Mod as great potential! Dont give up and don't wait for final ArmA3 version because BIS will support it for years and patches will come as ususal.

My advise is to keep improve SOS in patches and not hot fixes ;) so people can test and give their feedback for you to know issues and bugs.

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Hey Bp I was searching for and answer to a CfgEnvSounds parameters question and I found that you once asked the very same question here but got no replies.

randSamp3[] = {"SpeedOfSound_Environment\Samples\MG\MG1", [color="#FF0000"]1, 1, 150, 0.1, 8, 15, 50[/color]};

Did you ever work out what the parameters are all for and which ones adjust what ?

Id like to no which one adjusts the volume.

Cheers.

I haven't trusted myself about those "ambient shots". Good to know I'm not Insane.

If someone sort it out or tell me how to deactivate them. I'll give this an intense try. First tests sounds pretty cool

As far as I understood you guys are currently working on it. :bounce3:

Change the volume to 0 or delete the whole entry?

Edited by Saine

I'm really only interested in the distant sounds SOS brings to the table, any hope of a standalone release for those?