Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

what issue are you experiencing? the 1 FPS one?

my specs, brand-wise, are very similar to yours. i have the latest nvidia drivers installed, & my pagefile is set to 8GB (same as system ram).

edit - i also should not i am not running arma on an SSD.

I am getting ""playable"" frame rates 25-40 but it will dip into the teens while in helicopters and in city areas it goes down to 18-24...but if i were running at say 5.0ghz instead of 4.2ghz this might not happen...:rolleyes: while i am playing core 0 is running at %95-100...while the other 3 are at about %30 :(

On my system* I'm getting roughly similar performance (40-70fps) as Stratis. A little bit more stuttering when moving into a new area (particularly teleporting) but once all the assets are loaded it returns to smooth. Considering how much more detailed Altis is, I'm shocked at how well it is performing for me. I really hope it gets sorted out for those who are having issues.

*Win 7 64bit, i5, GTX560, 16Gb RAM. Viewdistance 2400, most settings on high and no AA of any kind

I love Altis. Other then performance fixes, I hope they don't remove anything from the island. Best one to date.

We touched 48 players in our server tonight 24 land vehicles 12 air vehicles plus drones :) fps 55 ran superb 15 mb rpt file ..... to be expected i know you guys will sort it.... As for the map this is as real as it gets superb job by the map makers.

MY SETUP

Intel 2.8 dual core

4gig ram

GTX 650 TI

Edited by DaSkunk
typo

Looks great so far -though I refuse to explore the Island at all and just tried an SP mission. I really like to save the experience of an island so that I have surprises for years to come. To this day there are parts of Chernarus I've never seen and I've only seen that cool dam area once. Seems to run well enough even though recently had to (temporally) downgrade from a Titan to 2 x 460's sli :(

the midrange textures, need really a seriuos rework, to washed out. All hopes on nordkindchen.

Without any start up parameters except for -nologs (not sure if that helps), I have noticed a slight decrease in some of the dense towns but that is to be expected due to the sheer size of them.

I have gone from 60 - 90fps on Stratis to about 40 - 60fps in some of the bigger villages on Altis. Outside of the villages I reliably get about 60 - 90fps.

i7 - 4770K

16g Ram

GTX 770 Lightning

Win 8 64bit

The only frame hits I took that is new (other than a small 2-4 frame hit in general, but I don't stress that as Altis has a lot more to render than Stratis) is occasionally when I go into some of the newer buildings, I get a 2-3 second hiccup of 5 FPS.

Specs:

3820, SLI-Titan, Sammy 840SSD, 32GB Ram, Win7Ult-64bit

Awesome:

dd0eaf272488262.jpg

Skull honoring ancient Spartan dead, or just a place of sacrifice? :cool:

Performance is fine on Altis for me (see link for sys specs/game video settings in signature). Today there was no PiP flickering in the H'bird mirrors with my SLI (just lucky today, I guess). It's a blast zooming underneath powerlines in the Hummingbird. I'm getting errors like these, as others above have noted, when placing units in editor:

1a1eb8272488265.jpg

0885df272488271.jpg

Great job BIS!

We touched 48 players in our server tonight

...and where on the doll did you touch them?

I couldn't resist :D

time for an SSD....already ordered it..

Will take care of those hiccups while flying....

Though I'm still having problems running some MP game modes such as Domination(same as Stratis). Just can't break that 30 FPS barrier with the lowest settings....getting 50-100+ in the editor and getting 30+ ultra for most SP scenerios that people whipped up in the editor...

I really hope they figure something out for this.

stratis = 50-60 fps on most multiplayer maps

altis = 20-40sp / 18-20 on dominations

same graphic settings. :(

Altis looks FANTASTIC. I am in awe. This is going to suck hundreds of hours of my time. BIS, you're really quite amazing.

FPS similar to Stratis, unless I am flying low over a town. then FPS drops by around 40%. I think optimization will be an ongoing battle, even after release.

additional stutters when loading new stuff. I have a normal HD, not SSD. :(

Again, VERY impressed with the look and scope of Altis.

I7 2600 quad OC to 4Ghz

GTX590

7200rpm HD. Boo.

No FPS issues but I am getting bluescreens and application crashes! Yikes! I think Altis is really testing my CPU for some reason, my cooler can't keep up.

Altis looks great, well done BI environment designers! Great to finally see some flatter terrain!

Empty world performance is good on my laptop, maybe 5-10% lower FPS than Stratis.

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Intel Core I7-3610QM

Samsung NP550P5C

2x4096MB Corsair Vengeance (PC3-12800 9-9-9-24)

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB DDR3

240GB Sandisk Extreme SSD

Edited by ceeeb

I have to say that Altis was more than a positive surprise... Definitely a lot better than what I expected. Biggest surprise was the level of detail around the map and especially in towns, another nice thing was the diversity of different areas. I'd have liked a couple of areas with larger dense forests, but can't really complain – it's superb map anyway. FPS is pretty good, and it's not lagging in towns... I get extreme freezing and stutter when moving in NE of map with high viewdistances though, but thankfully it's not the area that I'm going to use the most :p

Btw, who did this...?!?!?

ogB625U.jpg

...I want to buy them a beer! :627:

And pls, make the doors of ambulance garage and the door in front of the helipad ramp openable! :cool:

So I did a camera sightseeing tour and my conclusion is:

a) Altis is the best map we have ever seen

But BIS, take your artistic freedom and:

b) add some high mountains into the maps center

c) add a big and thick forest

Then it would be perfect :cool:

BTW, good luck for all of you guys with ~1 FPS problem, I hope things get sorted out.

I'd have liked a couple of areas with larger dense forests, but can't really complain – it's superb map anyway.

Thats what I noticed as well...not a lot of forested areas. How do I do LRRP missions in sparse woodlands?? :)

I am so in love with Altis! It's mysterious and gigantic. Here's my very first experience with it ;)

BIS has done an outstanding job! Couple of stutter when turning the head quick but not that bad for me.

Some locations reminds me of Sicily... Very atmospheric. I've seen a little part of a forest, I think that's even better than the Chernarus ones, looks more life like.

I had 80 FPS in Agia Marina in editor and I got 67 FPS in Kavala which is the capital of Altis . Pretty good I must say. THe only problems I see is the stuttering here and there and the sudden change in FPS.

I hope that the stuttering will get solved and also some better optimization with the FPS at night. Once again spectacular map and I most say best EVER:)

i5-2500k 3.3 GHZ overclocked to 4.3 GHZ

ASUS GTX 570

8 GB RAM

Win 7 64 bit

Edited by Nikiforos

Wow! Altis. This is certainly a fantastic map. I was able to get 30FPS on 8,000 view distance with just myself in a heli flying around. However GPU utilisation was at 54% which indicates the CPU was working very hard at that view distance and that is a i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz so... At 3,000 view distance I was sitting on about 60FPS, GPU limited (GTX 760).

My biggest gripe is the revenge of the low-res mid-range textures. Bad Benson's mod doesn't seem to treat most of the textures on Altis.

While being chauffuered around in a UGV in first person I got the the feeling like when I was in Cyprus.

I get similar with diving off the coast also, I think they captured that quite well too.

Yeah, the coasts are stunning. If only we could have realistic looking water-beach transitions with waves...