Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

No real issues while playing as ground units, issues are apparent when flying fast. My game tells me in the video options that I should be getting higher 40's to 50's, but when I unpause and fly further it takes a real big performance hit. Turned everything down to standard and set the view distance to ~7000.

GTX 760

8gb RAM

i7 870 at 3.1ghz

I do probably need to get a SSD, better processor, and possibly more RAM, but I would have to replace my motherboard to upgrade my CPU any further.

Well, looks like I'll be spending tomorrow backing up my documents and doing a good old format/reinstall of windows. Get rid of Windows 7 32 bit and put Win7 64 on. :( I hate doing that.

From what I've seen though you guys at BIS, Altis is spectacular. Haven't yet made it to the north west, I tend to get about 5 minutes at around 20 - 30 FPS, then it starts behaving strangely and I get between 0 and 6FPS.

My system specs at the moment:

System type 32-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

64-bit capable Yes

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB

Disk partition (C:) 108 GB Free (466 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Disk partition (P:) 108 GB Free (466 GB Total)

Graphics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Total available graphics memory 3391 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1343 MB

Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.2680

Secondary monitor resolution 1280x720

Primary monitor resolution 1440x900

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Network Adapter Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Network Adapter

Network Adapter Virtual Machine Network Services Driver

Well, looks like I'll be spending tomorrow backing up my documents and doing a good old format/reinstall of windows. Get rid of Windows 7 32 bit and put Win7 64 on. :( I hate doing that.

From what I've seen though you guys at BIS, Altis is spectacular. Haven't yet made it to the north west, I tend to get about 5 minutes at around 20 - 30 FPS, then it starts behaving strangely and I get between 0 and 6FPS.

My system specs at the moment:

System type 32-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

64-bit capable Yes

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB

Disk partition (C:) 108 GB Free (466 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Disk partition (P:) 108 GB Free (466 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Total available graphics memory 3391 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 1343 MB

Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.2680

Secondary monitor resolution 1280x720

Primary monitor resolution 1440x900

DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Network Adapter Linksys RangePlus Wireless USB Network Adapter

Network Adapter Virtual Machine Network Services Driver

I would wait for some moves from BIS first.

I jumped on a PVP with about 80 people :) FPS was about 25 but what bothered me was it was jerky, not smooth :(, so i jumped into the editer and went to a city and was getting around 50+ plus on HIGH settings but I chose AUTO DETECT and it put everything to ULTRA. Which was at 40 FPS and smooth, however i would lose 20 FPS in weird places for no reason.

so far i love the new map i am just hoping that my 25FPS had to do with me being on a server with 80 people :)

p.s there does seem tobe a lot of PhysX missing i.e I cant shoot the wood out of boarded up windows the concussive blast of the grenades is not breaking near by windows or doing damage to the wall it detonates by...etc

damm....core 0 was screaming at %100 while i was alone in the editor.....

Edited by ric

What cell size is this terrain ?

Seems to be detailed or is that the new bump map maybe

I think there's optimization issues pretty much any time you move quickly since objects are popping in, even if you can't see them. I agree, at 30 FPS it should not be nearly as jerky as it is, driving also takes a performance hit, even with PiP turned off.

will there be x64 compiled binary's to cope with the heavyer memory usage? i mean i got 32 gb in the server and gamerig but some missions still crash the game on memory footprint exceeded errors :)

aside from that this island is a jewel and i cant wait to get my hands on the stuff i saw at gamescom :D

And to think I got 20 FPS on Stratis, now I get 10 FPS with nothing happening on Altis a little East of airport. Heck, just opening map or editor and scrolling too fast and my FPS dips.

After that, I opened Task Manager because it said A3 was still open after I exited, and noticed a little detail: Arma 3 32-bit. May that 32-bit have anything to deal with it? Even a little?

Didn't help here; neither did defragging the HDD.

My last resort is updating the geforce driver, which is still an old 311.xx on the slower PC. Last thing I'm gonna try before I give up and go to bed. :cool:

EDIT: No dice. Latest NVIDIA beta driver didn't help, nor did disabling the Steam overlay.

As a last ditch effort, check your pagefile and try setting it to a 1:1 ratio to your RAM.

to the 133 (so far) that voted having "NO FPS ISSUE 7/8 64BIT" Could you please post your system specs? thnx

i have pretty much the same performance like on stratis. you probably have that 32bit bug or something.

to the 133 (so far) that voted having "NO FPS ISSUE 7/8 64BIT" Could you please post your system specs? thnx

what issue are you experiencing? the 1 FPS one?

my specs, brand-wise, are very similar to yours. i have the latest nvidia drivers installed, & my pagefile is set to 8GB (same as system ram).

edit - i also should not i am not running arma on an SSD.

So far No FPS issue

win 7 64

AMD Phenon II X4 965 3.4 ghz

8 GB RAM

no SSD here...

ARMA and steam are installed in second HD SATA 3TB...

HD System SATA 500GB...

GTS450 1GB DDR5

Performance has been okay for me so far.

Spent the evening getting chauffeured around in a UGV (don't ask them to do 20k runs or they just switch off in a sulk) and finished of with a midnight dive on some underwater ruins with an SDV lighting them up.

This map is awesome.

Instead of "No FPS issue" it should be 'Are you getting the same performance/FPS as on Stratis'. Otherwise I can see people who can't even run it well on Stratis polluting the issue.

someone should stream altis for all the people it isn't working for ;)

appears 18- 22 FPS (your maxed out at 30 FPS in the paused UI) in video and about 40 - 60 Missed drawn percentage of trees and shrubs , stil fantastic rate for al your apps open , Take it you mean A2 exe bulldozer as 2 * exe of A3 would need Nasa for sure ?

I think the max was due to Vsync, couldn't say for though it seems to stay around that most of the time despite seeming smoother. I'll record another video sometime (fraps was showing 20's 30's and 40's out of cockpit) with just A3 and nothing else in the background, should be much more smooth and yeah A2 but I have played A3 with A2 and world of tanks running in the background before...not sure how my computer didn't blow up.

Edited by NodUnit

Instead of "No FPS issue" it should be 'Are you getting the same performance/FPS as on Stratis'. Otherwise I can see people who can't even run it well on Stratis polluting the issue.

In my case i have the same performance with ocasional (quick) stuttering,but completely playable as stratis was

I can confirm my old PC which runs 32bit Vista runs at 0fps. Stratis 30-40fps.

I got good fps on altis, man what an awesome map! with 8000 view distance and 2000 for object. smooth as silk on ssd.

i had this issue too alwarren. and i tried a quick cqb in that town that starts with k (dunno the name) on the far south west, it was cool until bridges happened. ai did totally freakout. there were people warping through buildings, allies entering houses at random...

I call that authentic :D

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Altis thread, but I suppose it belongs here: At least one of the houses has weird lighting issues:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884117328047862148/F02173CE0B0AD2076FE8097A75E4DEE8B07C349E/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884117328047861135/C0CBBE4782E41D779591EC14EC411093A3EAEE1D/

Second screenshot is a closeup with coordinates displayed in the GPS

Edited by GottyPlays
Confused east with west

Performance has been okay for me so far.

Spent the evening getting chauffeured around in a UGV (don't ask them to do 20k runs or they just switch off in a sulk) and finished of with a midnight dive on some underwater ruins with an SDV lighting them up.

This map is awesome.

Grid ref for the underwater ruins?

Completely unplayable for me. 1-2 fps on Altis. Stratis still works fine. 50-60fps there.

-nologs didn't matter.