TxT

US Destroyer Ship (WIP)

is i wana have your babies a good reply? just kidding great work looking forward to testing this

What do you guys think of this landing lines?

maybe white color on the lines?

LCS1_3_zpsa642ea32.jpg

LCS1_4_zpse8b859ea.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

LCS1_5_zps7d26e47e.jpg

LCS1_6_zps9d9b80dd.jpg

LCS1_7_zps2437fb4b.jpg

Edited by TxT
  • Like 1

I prefer white, all the ships that I've seen in real life have their lines painted in white ( call me realistic bluff ).

can any one tell me why ingame all my textures chance to invert color?

2013-09-08_00007_zps0428f4f5.jpg

Edited by TxT
  • Like 1

Never mind the a above.

here it is :D

2013-09-08_00016_zps5107cb6f.jpg

2013-09-08_00013_zps88371f03.jpg

2013-09-08_00014_zps398394c0.jpg

• Like 1

White is right. I mean, I can't remember yellow lines on the ships I was working on.

Awesome work Txt, looking forward to drop some of them (and mankyle´s LCS 2 Independence) around Altis and Stratis for a maritime blockade (No Opfor shall pass!!!!)

I dont think any one has asked this yet, but how will the speed and handling be. And has there been any progress on adding in cruise missiles or something along thoes lines. And keep up the great work.

I was just about to ask -coincidentally, given the above post- whether intend to/you've had luck implement the missile artillery system that BLUFOR have into this? The system seems to fit perfectly, as long as it has a higher ammo supply. Me and a friend are watching this mod quite keenly; ships like this really make the new naval options far more interesting and game-defining than the current dingies do, and looks amazing!

There are some limitations in this regard. I know because i have some working code for the other LCS and some other Arma 2 projects.

The problem are the engine limitations. Only the turret set as Primarygunner=1 can be used for artillery.

And only driver, primerygunner and primaryobserver turrets can use the 'magic radar'.

So if you want to use the arty computer you must code the vehicle ib a certsin way, accepting done l

In an odd way it's a mark of the high quality of this model that the only negative reaction I've received when showing this to others is "Also neither of those ships are a Visby Corvette. No go." :p Well done, TxT!

Looking beautiful mate; keeping an eye on this one!

Edit - wrong ship post...

Awesome work on this one - looking forward to playing around with it!

Edited by Zodd

I love anyone trying to get some naval action in this game. I'm always disappointed at how little Navy ships ever make their way into any games. I see a lot of potential with command and control, weapons, countermeasures, radar, etc.

I don't get all the love for the LCS here though. I'm guessing you guys never had to deal with them in real life. The real life LCS's are a logistical nightmare. Sort of a muddled mashup of too many cooks all adding their ingredients into one pot. They aren't exactly the "future" of the Navy so much as the "we hope we figure out a use for these things in the future.". Not to hate too hard but my friends on LCSs have had a lot worse to say about them. I only served on 3 other classes of ships, no first hand experience.

Would love to see some functional patrol boats in the game (where everyone isn't out in the open to be shot by small arms), or pretty much any class of ship other than an LCS. They have all kinds of high powered land and air vehicles, I don't see why Arma's done nothing with the sea. It could create a completely different dynamic. Tanks run best with a multi-crew, imagine a ship that had a pilot, port and starboard gunners, a missile operator, a radar operator IDing contacts from long distance, missile countermeasures, and since Arma 3 has underwater now, torpedoes, and sonar. It would seem overpowered, but really would be just another balancing aspect, it wouldn't work without multiple participants, and given the speed and stealth limitations would also be an easy target which would require people to stay on the ball to prevent the ship's destruction.

One side aspect of that, which I don't think anyone has ever tried to implement into a game but would work great for a game like Arma would be having a functional command center. I always imagined if in Arma 2 making it up the ranks to Colonel in multiplayer actually meant something a command structure could effectively control a battlefield brilliantly. The better the officers in command, the more coherent and powerful the attacks and responses would be, if people played along. I know there were some dedicated realist teams in the servers but they always have the draw back of becoming a little too overbearing and exclusionary. If there were in-game options that didn't require forming dedicated teams to perform basic tasks such as a Sergeant telling the noobs what to do in combat or a Lieutenant telling his sergeants where to hit, it would be a completely new dynamic that could enhance the game. For example having an intel-command-control center where all the data from radar, satellites, visual reports, drones would go to one place with someone having a full tactical picture that could send out reports and deploy reinforcements, AI or real, and artillery/missile strikes. The current system is fine, it has everyone as their own one man army essentially with the option of other one man armies tagging along, but I would love to see at least a version or an option to delegate responsibilities based on a rank structure.

promontorium, I think it's less love for the LCS concept specifically and more (like yourself) loving "anyone trying to get some naval action in this game."

The thing/problem is that, due to engine limitations which I'll elaborate on in a PM, patrol boats and maybe fast attack craft/missile boats are basically the high end of what Arma 3 can "realistically" model size-wise. In contrast, any surface vessels larger than 60 meters are basically going to be "pick two out of three", with the 'three' being driveability (pilot seat + entering speed/steering commands instead of the ship simply being a static object on the map's water like a house on land is), walkability (a unit being freely able to walk around on a deck instead of being "locked" into a seat the way it is with regular Arma vehicles), and solidity (closest 'mainstream' video game term I have in mind is "collision detection", but alternately "a freely-walking-and-standing-on-deck character not falling through the deck while the ship is in motion!").

Unfortunately, as TxT hasn't posted on these forums since a few days before Arma 3's launch, I've no idea how this warship (itself claimed to be inspired by the Freedom-class LCS, seemingly with the 30 mm autocannon and anti-ship missile packages) is doing on the above three criteria...