TxT

US Destroyer Ship (WIP)

they TXT does it gonna be drivable?:D

Yes it is driveble.

Will each weapon act as an individual entity?

Yes, Already been done.

A suggestion - you should have some light machine guns on the port sides that can be manned by player for close range :http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/1f...3c8160-0x0.jpg

[but i think the us navy use .50 cal and miniguns]

Like i sad before am going to have 2 .50 cal machine guns on the port sides.

The official brochure from General Dynamics mentions four .50 caliber MGs total, two fore (port/starboard) and two aft (port/starboard), plus the 57 mm gun (MK 110, a slightly modified Bofors 57 mm Mk 3) up front and a SeaRAM system above the hangar, plus a decoy launcher at port and starboard approximately amidships.

If using the Surface Warfare Mission Package (SUW MP) and the Gun Mission Module (EX 50 MOD 2 GMM) then throw in (a pair of?) turrets each with a 30 mm autocannon (400 rounds of 30 x 173 mm in the turret plus two "ready service" magazines with 240 rounds each, fired at a rate of 200 rpm in single-round, five-round burst or full auto), the turret systems including a FLIR sensor, a low-light TV camera and a laser rangefinder.

Yeah the ship is big arsenal.

Mind you, the latter (the 30 mm autocannon turrets) are from the modules -- only the 57 mm gun, the .50 caliber MGs (any particular reason that you went with two instead of four?) and the SeaRAM are part of the base design.

The SUW MP also has both a Surface-to-Surface Missile Module and an Aviation Module "based" around an armed MH-60R Seahawk, so it's up to TxT what if anything of the different Mission Packages or their component Mission Modules to attempt to represent/simulate with this "Freedom-class LCS".

Mind you, the latter (the 30 mm autocannon turrets) are from the modules -- only the 57 mm gun, the .50 caliber MGs (any particular reason that you went with two instead of four?) and the SeaRAM are part of the base design.

The SUW MP also has both a Surface-to-Surface Missile Module and an Aviation Module "based" around an armed MH-60R Seahawk, so it's up to TxT what if anything of the different Mission Packages or their component Mission Modules to attempt to represent/simulate with this "Freedom-class LCS".

The only reason i am going for 2 .50 cal is that then we have 2 sites covered left and right the fornt is covered by main cannon and 30 mm autocannon turret and the back is covered by other 30 mm autocannon turret.

As for the seaRAM am still think of it. reason why is that i made my own new design of 30 mm anti air / anti missile turret (Close-in weapon system).

Edited by TxT

Love the new images! :D

so the thing I don't get is.. it has a helopad, so you can park your helo there, but how can you get OUT of the ship and IN the chopper (& the other way around) if you can't walk on the ship? (since it's a vehicle)

Love the new images! :D

so the thing I don't get is.. it has a helopad, so you can park your helo there, but how can you get OUT of the ship and IN the chopper (& the other way around) if you can't walk on the ship? (since it's a vehicle)

If the ship comes to stop then you can walk on the ship if you not then you will fall off, You can walk on the ship ever where you like you can enter the hangar and in side the ship and to the front where the main cannon is.

Right now if you land a helicopter on the ship then the ship will sink and the ship starts move, reason why is that the helicopter is so heavy and ship isn't i have not found way yet (Will be fixed)

I thought I heard somewhere that objects over 60m are not allowed in the game, and that in the past you had to have multiple objects stuck together to give the illusion of a longer single object. Is this true? Is this how you're getting this in the game?

I thought I heard somewhere that objects over 60m are not allowed in the game, and that in the past you had to have multiple objects stuck together to give the illusion of a longer single object. Is this true? Is this how you're getting this in the game?

Yes and No

The GEO LOD limits are still there, but the problems are not so heavy as in Arma 1 or 2. I'm doing now a independence class LCS 2, I have it ingame and the GEO LOD stable size is near 100 meters. I still must configure it so it uses PHYSx but it is coming along.

Strangenly, there are more problems with class Man than with vehicles. I mean. I can land anywhere with a chopper and it doesn't fall. The GEO LOD is very stable, actually. But As soon as I get out of the chopper I fall.

Right now if you land a helicopter on the ship then the ship will sink and the ship starts move, reason why is that the helicopter is so heavy and ship isn't i have not found way yet (Will be fixed)

That is because you are using the land contact points method for setting the ship model and you haven't added enough mass in the GEO LOD. Try modifying the GEO LOD or use simulation class shipx and a PHYSx LOD (4e13).

Talk to GNAT, he's probably the one with the highest knowledge about ships in the Arma engine in these boards

Hows the helicopter landing going to work? Will it be like in arma 2 where theres a script that attaches the helicopter to the deck?

That is because you are using the land contact points method for setting the ship model and you haven't added enough mass in the GEO LOD. Try modifying the GEO LOD or use simulation class shipx and a PHYSx LOD (4e13).

Talk to GNAT, he's probably the one with the highest knowledge about ships in the Arma engine in these boards

Ok thank for the info.

Hows the helicopter landing going to work? Will it be like in arma 2 where theres a script that attaches the helicopter to the deck?

Not sure yet.

The only reason i am going for 2 .50 cal is that then we have 2 sites covered left and right the fornt is covered by main cannon and 30 mm autocannon turret and the back is covered by other 30 mm autocannon turret.
Actually, the 30 mm autocannon turrets on Freedom (LCS 1) cover left and right with the 57 mm gun covering front, according to this layout, unless you're no longer making LCS 1 but rather a fictional surface warship merely inspired by LCS 1? (Same goes for LCS 2 according to this article: 30 mm Gun Missile Modules in the port and starboard weapon zones, the Surface-to-Surface Missile Module (SSMM) launcher in the forward centerline weapon zone.)

Would be fun to have this kind of thing to call in support from or launch assaults, etc.

(Some new pic)

2013-07-01_00002_zps7b2b1b42.jpg

You can see me landed on the ship and some man walking round the ship

And you can see that you can drop the fences.

2013-07-01_00006_zpsff9388e2.jpg

2013-07-01_00005_zps9d346e43.jpg

I got the main cannon working back and the front 30 mike mike.

Actually, the 30 mm autocannon turrets on Freedom (LCS 1) cover left and right with the 57 mm gun covering front, according to this layout, unless you're no longer making LCS 1 but rather a fictional surface warship merely inspired by LCS 1? (Same goes for LCS 2 according to this article: 30 mm Gun Missile Modules in the port and starboard weapon zones, the Surface-to-Surface Missile Module (SSMM) launcher in the forward centerline weapon zone.)

Fictional destroyer but inspired by LCS 1, Game is set on year 2035 so am arming the ship with some new tec but dont over doing it. + Am going to add Tomahawk/New tec on this http://www.seaforces.org/wpnsys/SURFACE/LCS-mission-modules-Dateien/image013.jpg

Would be fun to have this kind of thing to call in support from or launch assaults, etc.

You will be able too.

Edited by TxT
  • Like 1

is the landed chopper "attched to" the ship ? or does it mean in arma3 you can walk on objects ? if so it would be intressting if this also works in multiplayer.

nice work, looking forward to it!

I completely overlooked this. Wow this looks like its going to be sensational. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing how this progresses

I have seen video that it is possible to land on a moving ship "in a pink helicopter" and some other info and ships showing it is possible to move around on the ships while it's moving. :)

Do this for your ship and I'm never touching vanilla again!

is the landed chopper "attched to" the ship ? or does it mean in arma3 you can walk on objects ? if so it would be intressting if this also works in multiplayer.

nice work, looking forward to it!

PhysX FTW. You can walk on them, Land on them, Move them.

It's not so easy. I would love this ship to have an stable GEO LOD but with this size it is way over the stable GEO limit and there will be problems when trying to walk on it.

With PHYSx helicopters and other vehicles interact well, but it seems there are problems when interacting with man class entities.

Anyway it looks high class!!!

mankyle, is the "stable GEO limit" analogous to or anywhere near the reputed single-model size limit from Arma 2?

Yes but with some differences. GEO LOD works over the limit of 60 meters but only for vehicles. I have a completely stable 125 meter independence class LCS and I can land anywhere with both vehicles interacting correctly. The problem is that the engine treats man class and vehicles classes differently. With man class the old 60 meter GEO LOD limit still applies which makes big ships unpractical.

Normal GEO LOD and PHYSx one must be very similar. Otherwise colissions are not well handled. GEO LOD mass interacts with the PHYSx LOD size. For a given size more mass sinks the ship more. It is used for displacement calculations, I think.

Looks really cool :ok:

OMG OMG OMG. I m so exited :yay: Can't wait for it's release :D Great job TXT

I have been working on the config it hard time to find how all works but still fun to do.

There is no textures yet on the ship but will be.

I am currently working on VLS (Vertical launching system) and video to show all the functions,door,guns,interior on the ship.

Here is some new photos of the ship.

2013-07-08_00016_zps34451e76.jpg

2013-07-08_00017_zps41255e27.jpg

2013-07-08_00014_zps369eec47.jpg

2013-07-08_00015_zpsccfa2292.jpg

2013-07-08_00018_zps9f3018df.jpg