Huh. I tested it on the Stratis airfield tarmac and it had no global lighting on the rain at all. Although, I think that may also be a bug with chemlights on that surface in general, because the illumination of the area is kind of odd. I'll update with a pic if I can get one.

The light illuminating the rain drops is, if I see it right, a screen-space illusion. For example, stand behind a car with glowing tail lights... then move around a bit. You will notice that the rain only shows red specs if the taillights are visible. If they aren't, the rain is dark.

That 10 round magazine is only for civis because of magazine law - everybody else gets "proper" 15 round magazine
True, but the mere fact of such a magazine's existence was possibly on a dev's mind when it came to the matter of authenticity... hey, it's relevant when your revenue is partially based on rivet counters... :p

I hope there will be much more work done on rain because the one right now is very ugly. Yeah I know it's WIP and all. But -atm- it looks worse than what we had before. Huge white drops, no wet ground or wet ground reflections. It's as if the rain texture got replaced and that was it.

This is how rain should look to look good

No it's not worse than before!! Now it has proper collision so it does not rain indoor anymore and is affected by wind and some(just for now I think) lights.. The rain texture can be better yes, but it is still wip..

I do not think the project cars rain can be implemented: that is a racing game with limited enviroments related mostly to tracks.. it can afford more sophisticated effects because of that.

For a more correct example you should look at the rain in skyrim: better texture yes but it still passes thru objects.. not much better

Edited by Pipin78

If arma 3 had that all wet effects - i would get 0 fps on Altis thats for sure :D

I would guess also, that footage from video is prerendered.

I hope there will be much more work done on rain because the one right now is very ugly. Yeah I know it's WIP and all. But -atm- it looks worse than what we had before. Huge white drops, no wet ground or wet ground reflections. It's as if the rain texture got replaced and that was it.

I wonder if you even tested the new rain, because telling it's just a replaced texture is quite .. odd. :rolleyes:

Speaking of just the rain, the only thing better in C.A.R.S's rain is the rain streak orientation at speeds, otherwise the aesthetics are worse.

Ofcourse I would also love to see a reflecting wet ground and gear and splashes on the windscreen and splashing water and so on, but comparing a racing game with tiny tracks with Arma and it's gianormous terrains just isn't fair and serves no purpose.

I would guess also, that footage from video is prerendered.

You'd be guessing wrong.

Higher caliber affects damage dealt (this is WIP and will need ammunition encoding to become noticeable)

Is this intended to stop .50+ cals from destroying houses too quickly?

no error here. you should do a steam data check. (eigenschaften, lokale dateien... auf fehler prüfen)

Thanks a lot. This advice was very helpful and solved my issue :)

You'd be guessing wrong.

Unless you back your statement is your word versus mine.

I dont seem to be able to fly over the rain... even at 3200 m is still raining..

Did you fly over the clouds?

Unless you back your statement is your word versus mine.

How can I back my statement further than providing more ingame videos/screenshots? What you've already seen in the other video is what I'll be giving you again.

Ask anybody that has the game...

I thought you couldn't?
Looking at the rain from the inside of a building is really cool!

A small ground hit effect would be splendid :D

Try TPW if you're willing to use Mods.

Yay!

Nice, I wasn't aware of that.

Yay!

making the Mk18 ABR now exclusively used by AAF marksmen

One of the British SF blokes also has a Mk.18 under NATO\Men (Story). James, I think

The Rahim marksman's rifle doesn't have an animating bolt in the view Pilot LOD (first person model): Unlike the third-person resolution LODS, the bolt model doesn't reciprocate with the 'reload' source when firing the weapon, or move with the 'isEmpty' source that holds the bolt back when the magazine is spent.

I assume it's just lack of a named selection in that LOD.

I want the Mk18 instead of the MX variant for BLUFOR.

Pwease.

Yay!

As stated you can go over the clouds, but it is not like in a standard flight simulator.. the effect is stange.. the clouds form a sort of cilinder around your plane and as you go highter you start seeing patches of blue sky looking above.

The CAS jet needs a bit of time to get there as it's engine is pretty weak..

To me the "overcast" effect needs a lot of work but I think it's low priority given the fact that you cant see neither the island nor the sea from that hight even in clear sky

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Rain intensity lowers as you get into clouds and it stops raining completely when you reach the middle of clouds.

Best,

RiE

Is this still being implemented? From my test I went as hight as 3200m but the rain never stopped. I could see patches of blue sky above me.

Well from what I've seen, the rain is a lot, lot better than what we had before. Try moving in & out of cover & see the improvements there. Try standing close to strong lighting & see the improvements there. Wet surface tech is a different topic IMO, nothing to do with the rain itself. I'm even OK with the lack of ground splashing textures, they never looked convincing to me and in fact I find not having them at all more realistic.

The only thing I would add to it, is decreasing view distance for strong rain.

The only thing I would add to it, is decreasing view distance for strong rain.

Fiddling around in the editor I add a little bit of fog to the equation, looks the tits! Maybe this could be the solution, idk.

Fiddling around in the editor I add a little bit of fog to the equation, looks the tits! Maybe this could be the solution, idk.

Oh yeah, for sure. In ArmA2 I always scripted the fog to match the rain strength, using a monitoring script, and it looked excellent. I just think maybe it should be standard behavior :)

Anyone else notice that you can now walk with the weapon on left shoulder? :yay: