After more investigation, I really do think it's something to do with these Cargo Towers.

I really hope they didn't take out useful things like buildings and containers, things we'd want to remove, instead of just bushes, stone walls and trees, things we wouldn't want to remove as much. Finding and interacting with those cargo towers was one of the first things people did when Altis released.

The outdoor yellow bannisters around the industrial complexes and such have no collision -you just walk right thru them :sulkoff:

Pure luck or not. But the game run great last night after latest dev-update. Zeus server 30-50 people. Several hours. FPS was very stable around 40. First two updates after release day were way worse performance wise.

Steam workshop issue appears to be fixed, thank god for that. I was tearing my hair out for a week with that one.

Edited by Doln

I really hope they didn't take out useful things like buildings and containers, things we'd want to remove, instead of just bushes, stone walls and trees, things we wouldn't want to remove as much. Finding and interacting with those cargo towers was one of the first things people did when Altis released.

It was already stated by Master lord Joris that the changes was only regarding object without interaction (means no doors/windows/hatches, no light, no path lod and so on). That means cargo towers should not be affected by these changes, we are going to investigate them, but some repro would be better (I have probably missed feedback tracker entry for that) :icon_twisted:

After more investigation, I really do think it's something to do with these Cargo Towers.

What exactly is your script doing with the cargo towers? Just getting their position and storing it in an array, or something more complex?

Quick bug I ran into when team switching the game went into slow motion like Acctime .1 was set. I checked all my triggers in the mission I was making and I hadn't used Acctime anywhere. It only happened when I team switched while testing a mission in the editor.

Quick bug I ran into when team switching the game went into slow motion like Acctime .1 was set. I checked all my triggers in the mission I was making and I hadn't used Acctime anywhere. It only happened when I team switched while testing a mission in the editor.

As far as I know, that's an intended feature. It gives you time to do team switching. However, what I noticed today was that after I team switched and my original player character received damage, I got blood splatter all over my screen, even when I player completely different character.

Is this reported already?

As far as I know, that's an intended feature. It gives you time to do team switching. However, what I noticed today was that after I team switched and my original player character received damage, I got blood splatter all over my screen, even when I player completely different character.

Is this reported already?

No this was after I had died, and selected team switch in the death menu. It persisted until I manually hit + to reset timescale.

The second invisible barriers you mention should/did have wire texture there but it is obviously missing in this build.

Can confirm the missing mesh texture on fences. Also noticed some FPS gain in SP with the 1.03.110218 build, estimate +5% (I'm currently on the lower end of the hardware scale) but every bit helps. Other than that I noticed some nice AI improvements. Need some more time testing but really liked what I seen so far!

So, I ask again.... It's only me that can't use the mouse with More Left/Right when driving boats?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Can you please add the right tooltips to the icons in editor streamlined layout mode? Its been like this since alpha, never fixed. Ideally, the icons should have small text bellow.

I can confirm + 3-4 FPS with the latest build. I hope the optimizations affect the involvement of AI in the battle. Nice development and I certainly hope and "pray" for further optimizations in the game :)

Edited by Nikiforos

is it just me or was the build up in the intro song improved and made longer?

Yeah, they got rid of that horrid intro part that sounded like music from a 90s Sega console game.

Yeah, they got rid of that horrid intro part that sounded like music from a 90s Sega console game.

I loved that part :( It had that 90's imagination of the future vibe. +1 infraction points for Ranger for not having the same tastes as I.

I got around to testing the A.I. in battle. I came under fire and my companions actually went for cover and then went prone :)

It indeed seems the game is more optimized now. Still a lot to do, but right now it almost looks like it's ready for release... :P

Played last night for a bit and tweaked and played with settings, much better ! Smoother and all scenarios are now playable ! although some of the triggers don't trigger :/ which is why the campaign will not get much play time from me.

MP was also much better it felt although I couldnt find my favourite servers and the ones I joined had only a few player so could be placebo effect.

Massive step in the right direction.

Only one small thing which I will mention but will not relate to this patch or others until its frequent but I had my first hard lockup in game where I needed to reset the PC by power cycle, I had been fiddling with settings for a while in and out of game so will monitor for now.

Can you please add the right tooltips to the icons in editor streamlined layout mode? Its been like this since alpha, never fixed. Ideally, the icons should have small text bellow.

+1 for this.

Well, i have hardlocks all the time since first alpha. It's happening much less often, but still present. The game is the only application that is able to do this on my Win7 Ultimate computer...

Can I request the dev's (Gulga) take another look at the recently closed issue 14695: Moon lighting via Sun off-angle?

I understand that the moon is probably just a sprite, and this issue is pretty trivial, but saying this isn't a bug seems pretty half arsed to me. The moon was correctly illuminated in build 1.00.109911, prior to the fix of 6743: I think the moon is upside down....

Yes, fixing one bug has created another. Given the choice between a wrongly illuminated moon and an upside down moon, I prefer the upside down one thanks :)

left shift while aming in optic mode, gives a strange view, that wasn´t there before.

i use left shift to hold breath, in last dev-version that never happen.

please devs switch it back like it was before, this view is absolutly not usable !!

video:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14674

I'm using left shift as hold breath too, and this is very frustrating! I hope this is fixed for the weekend. But on the other hand flying is so much smoother now, so I can live with that over the weekend :) Great improvement in smoothness!

-edit: Just downloaded 388mb and this issue seems to be solved.

Edited by Heruon

I've noticed that having too many vehicles in the editor will bog down the fps in multiplayer games, even when they are idle and not rendered on screen. Could we get some sort of vehicle idle state to help with network performance, perhaps something like the current physics model as I understand it, where if the vehicle is idle, the physics go idle?

This would be a huge help with the current fps problems in scripted multiplayer games where you need a large amount of vehicles spawned in.

I've noticed that having too many vehicles in the editor will bog down the fps in multiplayer games, even when they are idle and not rendered on screen. Could we get some sort of vehicle idle state to help with network performance, perhaps something like the current physics model as I understand it, where if the vehicle is idle, the physics go idle?

This would be a huge help with the current fps problems in scripted multiplayer games where you need a large amount of vehicles spawned in.

There is already such a command and even a module (SimulationManager) that utilise this command: enableSimulation