It's sunday, get out of here.

weekends're for competetion ;)

Devs, why are you not playing GTA 5..?

(or alternativelly, moralize how brutal and immoral it is, and not suitable for small kids who're not allowed to own it in the first place)

To get even more accurate, bullets are spawned at the start of the barrel and then the angle gets adjusted to whatever angle is necessary for the bullet fired to reach the desired zeroing. Which means they can and will leave the weapon above the end of the barrel, but will always start at the start of the barrel. Applying 2.3km zeroing to the MX will give you an extreme deviation from the barrel compared to the M320. So yeah, you can end up hitting the window frame if you zero to high distances with low velocity weapons.

13LdOV5s.jpg q8nEMlps.jpg

Devs, why are you not playing GTA 5..?

(or alternativelly, moralize how brutal and immoral it is, and not suitable for small kids who're not allowed to own it in the first place)

Because it's not out for PC

Because it's not out for PC

Then they only have one choice. The one I hided by using different font color: "or alternativelly, moralize how brutal and immoral it is, and not suitable for small kids who're not allowed to own it in the first place" ;)

</offTopicFromMyPart>

That awkward moment when two devs respond to you and prove you wrong.

Anyway, I don't know if it was changed, but previously, it was like this http://www.swe-gaming.com/fsx/files/2013-07/251655_2013-07-25_00002.jpg

It would have been nice if zeroing had no effect when not aiming, though.

It's the same thing they've explained, what's happening in the picture is that the bullet is spawning at around the point the magazine goes in the weapon and it's fired at an upwards angle and it hits the wall way above you. At some point after taking that picture, I believe they've increased the bullet velocity for that round so that the curve is a bit less than it is in that picture.

Strange bug recently -when teamswitching after you die to the last remaining operable unit -the game goes into a type of slow motion mode.

Strange bug recently -when teamswitching after you die to the last remaining operable unit -the game goes into a type of slow motion mode.

It's not automatically resetting the speed. If you notice, when you pull up the team switch menu, the game does go into slow motion. However, once you team switch, it's supposed to go back to normal speed. It does this in Arma 2. It used to do this in Arma 3.

It's not automatically resetting the speed. If you notice, when you pull up the team switch menu, the game does go into slow motion. However, once you team switch, it's supposed to go back to normal speed. It does this in Arma 2. It used to do this in Arma 3.

You can use game-speed keys to reset the speed again but it is obviously a workaround.

You can use game-speed keys to reset the speed again but it is obviously a workaround.

I know. I'm just explaining what the issue actually is and the reason you're seeing the slowed-down-time.

I guess the developers start feeling like they're fighting an Hydra. :D

Yay!

I believe 6.5mm bullet won't even "live" long enough to reach 2300 meters, but well...

Do you mean it impacts something or disappears?

Do you mean it impacts something or disappears?

He means it disappears.

Ammo has a time to "timetolive" parameter and the engine deletes it when it expires to avoid clogging up your CPU with calculations.

Example

class BulletBase;
class  B_762x51_Ball: BulletBase
{
    timetolive = 6;
};

So is there any reason why whole classes of animations have been disabled with the latest dev release? All the HubBriefing_* animations (which I was using to emulate civilian conversations) are now doing nothing. In fact pretty much none of the Hub animations are working now.

So is there any reason why whole classes of animations have been disabled with the latest dev release? All the HubBriefing_* animations (which I was using to emulate civilian conversations) are now doing nothing. In fact pretty much none of the Hub animations are working now.
Aw, no more civilan flocking around talking to each other? :(

Yay!

Aw, no more civilan flocking around talking to each other? :(

Yay!

Flocking, just not waving their arms around like true Greeks! I'm frantically searching for replacement anims. To be honest I hope this is just a bug and not removal of "unwanted" features because of the campaign reprioritisation.

Runway lights have new models and configuration

Looking cool but red ones need some fixing/tweaking. You can't see any light when you're near them and on one model light can disappear and change color depending on distance and watching angle.

Looking cool but red ones need some fixing/tweaking. You can't see any light when you're near them and on one model light can disappear and change color depending on distance and watching angle.

:), angle, distance, always the same problem with all the lights of the game... the only great new it's than the dev's works again on the lights and don't lost it. Maybe a day, we could have all the lights without a very crappy LOD, maybe a day^^

was disturbing me but now that I think more it looks like it should be like that. But those and the red lights don't look good if you're near them because they just cast very small ball inside them and looks like they are off.

Confirm! Same problem for me. The white ones turn yellow when close..

2j337eg.jpg

was disturbing me but now that I think more it looks like it should be like that. But those and the red lights don't look good if you're near them because they just cast very small ball inside them and looks like they are off.

I quote the problems in my topic in my signature.

All the problem of lights in my topic were never solved.

They are PAPI lights and should behave like that, generally the more you see red, the more you are in trouble with the landing :D

Edited by CaptainObvious
removed false info

They are PAPI lights and should behave like that, generally the more you see red, the more you are in trouble with the landing :D
Not true. Ideal landing path is half lights red and half lights white. Full white is too high (= steep).

Yay!