Anyone noticed improved particle effects?

They run a little better apparently, some people claiming it's "solved their fps problems" (as per usual).

So, is this intended? I don't think it 7.62 should penetrate at all.

You'll find yourself incapable of penetrating side armor of AMV even with standard 12.7 rounds. You'd need at least 12.7 sabot to pierce through the side armor, and depending on angle frontal armor would also be able to deal with 30mm sabots.

The turret is much less capable of stopping bullets. You'll see yourself being capable of penetrating it with anything better than Zafir, except the front armor which is sloped quite much and should provide better protection.

The Marid has remote controlled turret, that means you'll have to penetrate hull armor to kill the crew and passengers. Still possible with heavy sniper rounds.

Panther armor is so thick you'll find yourself in trouble trying to penetrate it even with tank cannons, though this depends on angle ;)

Kamysh armor is not better than AMV and Marid, but its enormous agility and maneuverability gives you chance to utilize the vehicle more tactically.

"Adjusted sounds of tracked vehicles"

It sounds as though the vehicles (or the panther) is still too quiet. When you first start the engine on the blufor APC it's quite loud and then fades into a comparably silent idling, in this case it should be more like a diesel truck where the engine humming is almost as loud as the ignition and in motion they both sound a bit quiet while holding E, about 10 meters away the sound dies off a lot.

The Kamysh doesn't sound as loud during start up and the it's idle fits more with it, assuming it is made to be more silent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ATk2GBSGU

It's a step in the right direction but not quite there yet.

RPG-42 backblast doesn't seem to be there quite just yet either..tried it with a guy directly behind me, pointing directly up to the sky with the back facing the ground, against a wall and indoors, nada on all.

Player no longer chokes when swimming on the surface" Can someone elaborate on this? Is it a fix to a bug where a player held X and still drowned or just swimming on the surface? Because the characters still seem to drown if you press X, surface and then swim forward on the surface, even while holding X.

Edited by NodUnit

You'll find yourself incapable of penetrating side armor of AMV even with standard 12.7 rounds. You'd need at least 12.7 sabot to pierce through the side armor, and depending on angle frontal armor would also be able to deal with 30mm sabots.

The turret is much less capable of stopping bullets. You'll see yourself being capable of penetrating it with anything better than Zafir, except the front armor which is sloped quite much and should provide better protection.

The Marid has remote controlled turret, that means you'll have to penetrate hull armor to kill the crew and passengers. Still possible with heavy sniper rounds.

Panther armor is so thick you'll find yourself in trouble trying to penetrate it even with tank cannons, though this depends on angle ;)

Kamysh armor is not better than AMV and Marid, but its enormous agility and maneuverability gives you chance to utilize the vehicle more tactically.

The very tall turret is also a plus. Place it somewhere hull down and you`re virtually invulnerable, because even if you withdraw you still have the CITV popping over the ridge. The AI doesn´t know this, though, which is somewhat problematic, in the end.

Ladders are now one of the most dangerous enemies ingame now with the new turning system.

Ladders are now one of the most dangerous enemies ingame now with the new turning system.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Try to get down on a ladder. It is hard enough to get the action to pop up, you move and twist near to an edge and may fall down because now your body rotate around a center point.

Watch this video and you'll get it.

Try to get down on a ladder. It is hard enough to get the action to pop up, you move and twist near to an edge and may fall down because now your body rotate around a center point.

Wow! That is horrible! Why was it done that way?! This would make sense for bipod, but like this, it just looks silly and can't see the purpose...

I really like being able to move around indoors now.. But isn't there a way to do this still rotating around the same point as before it got changed? Just to avoid things like this to happen.

Has anyone else noticed that the sound clipping in kamysh and panther got worse lately? It's quite severe right now

Wow! That is horrible! Why was it done that way?! This would make sense for bipod, but like this, it just looks silly and can't see the purpose...

You don't get stuck so often with this new method. But the best solution would be having the two modes: general movement as before and this new one when you get (or would get) stuck.

AI also doesn't couple so nice with that indoors, they tend to make round turns instead of sharp ones when getting throught a door, generating some clipping, teleporting and I don't even know how it managed to do this (I don't think is related but is funny):

ablvHNzS.jpg abump9Az.jpg

Kids these days; You take your eyes from them for a second and next thing you see is them floating in the roof like they were swimming....

But back to ladders and falling, to problem isn't with the turning thing but with the difficulty to get the action to go down.

Wow, have you seen the new cloud lighting? It's spectacular especially during e.g. sunset!

grQgYiYl.jpg KVoA5eVl.jpg

click to enlarge

They now also seem to be rendered much further into the distance giving the scene a nice depth. Though the dropoff of the viewdistance (distance haze) is often unsmooth from my perception.

No fall damage for vehicles? Fell 2000m in the Panther and not a scratch.

Das quite beautiful, seems the specular has taken a more vibrant orange (could have always been but I thought it was more pink) sheen overall as well, looks vereh nice.

No fall damage for vehicles? Fell 2000m in the Panther and not a scratch.

Nope http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11741

You don't get stuck so often with this new method. But the best solution would be having the two modes: general movement as before and this new one when you get (or would get) stuck.

Ok I get the idea but I still don't like it...

Beautiful... until the overcast is set to full, then those clouds in the early morning a way too dark.

Beautiful... until the overcast is set to full, then those clouds in the early morning a way too dark.

Actually I disagree. And ironically enough I took a picture with my camera today of some heavy dark rain clouds and what true 100% overcast should look like. Imho Arma 3 is nowhere near dark enough. And just keep in mind, the shot I took in real life is nowhere near the darkest clouds I've seen during the heaviest of rains.

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/4927/ifdt.jpg (139 kB)

http://imageshack.com/a/img689/2586/vx0r.png (746 kB)

The problem with Arma 3's bright clouds is completely HDR related. They brighten up way too much when you're not staring up at them. I get what it's supposed to simulate, which is how when you are inside a building and it's dark, then you step outside the sky is bright and your eyes have to adjust, but in this Arma 3 screenshot I am in a boat, in the middle of the ocean, staring at terrain 3 kms off in the distance. There's no excuse why the clouds should look like this.

You photographed rainclouds? XD

I do agree with you though, The sun is up above the clouds most often (at least, I hope there's no clouds orbiting the sun), and so if the light cannot penetrate through then it will look a lot darker. I noticed a really good effect of this in a mission playthrough I did, but unfortunately didn't capture it. Ah well.

Actually I disagree. And ironically enough I took a picture with my camera today of some heavy dark rain clouds and what true 100% overcast should look like. Imho Arma 3 is nowhere near dark enough. And just keep in mind, the shot I took in real life is nowhere near the darkest clouds I've seen during the heaviest of rains.

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/4927/ifdt.jpg (139 kB)

http://imageshack.com/a/img689/2586/vx0r.png (746 kB)

Perhaps you just have the wrong ToD? I get a lot of very dark clouds. In fact, they look extremely similar to what you photographed :)

9IxCn13l.jpg

Perhaps you just have the wrong ToD? I get a lot of very dark clouds. In fact, they look extremely similar to what you photographed :)

http://i.imgur.com/9IxCn13l.jpg

Hey that's definitely alot better than what I'm getting :( I even have my brightness slider set to 0.5 the lowest it can go to try and make full overcast a bit darker. Not sure what's going on with that. Sunsets look exactly like your first pictures though, nice and orange clouds.

very true i was just messing about with them actually around 5am - 6am etc..

seems a bit too dark and not right

very true i was just messing about with them actually around 5am - 6am etc..

seems a bit too dark and not right

Yep, confirmed, too dark.

5:00 o'clock AM, july 6, full overcast. I think it's a bit overkill with the darkness of the clouds(set to ultra in options), especially that there is sun in the sky at that time:

http://i.imgur.com/t4UMO02.jpg (164 kB)