Only ever play on one server and you don't have to worry about it. :P

ArmA MP in a nutshell.

Real, not funny but sad.

A MP interface overhaul has been mentioned for release or close after it, I hope it takes advantage of the Steam things.

whats going on with the Set task destination???????

im doing it correctly and its not working.

it was working the other day but now its like 10% of the time it shows up.

this is how ive done it.

1.create task -synced with set task state - and myself

2.set task state - succeeded - synced with trigger

3.made a trigger blufor activated.

4.set task destination - synced with create task

the destination does not show up.

i watched one of jesters tutorials and even in the alpha he said there is only a 10% chance it will work.

BIS why is this>?

this is driving me insane :mad:

only seems to give me a destination if i have x2 task states... 1st being assigned and 2nd being succeeded. in this case the actual task for some reason cannot be completed.

pissing me off.

"Editor objects now have icons more descriptive of their shape (instead of squares with question marks)" Means no Icons at all ? lulz

"Editor objects now have icons more descriptive of their shape (instead of squares with question marks)" Means no Icons at all ? lulz

should be fixed in next couple of days

ArmA MP in a nutshell.

Real, not funny but sad.

A MP interface overhaul has been mentioned for release or close after it, I hope it takes advantage of the Steam things.

Multiplayer is only as good as those who play it and those who make the missions.

Just a small niggle but running over the civi offroad with the APCs causes quite a bit of damage to yourself when they explode.

ArmA MP in a nutshell.

Real, not funny but sad.

Not sure why sad. The building of communities around single servers has been the "norm" for many a year. From mmo's, fps, to rts and more. Its a great thing as you get superior quality assurance.

i found this on youtube. hope it wasn´t posted here before but i think it

is the right place to show that BIS is going in the right direction:

i like this !!

Edited by themaster303

whats going on with the Set task destination???????

im doing it correctly and its not working.

it was working the other day but now its like 10% of the time it shows up.

this is how ive done it.

1.create task -synced with set task state - and myself

2.set task state - succeeded - synced with trigger

3.made a trigger blufor activated.

4.set task destination - synced with create task

the destination does not show up.

i watched one of jesters tutorials and even in the alpha he said there is only a 10% chance it will work.

BIS why is this>?

this is driving me insane :mad:

It seems to work better if you sync it to an object (invisible or otherwise) and use the synced object option. The destination will also follow moving units this way.

Makes me want to design a mission with a convoy ambush!

Don't get your hopes up. It looks all fine and dandy in peace time, but when first contact hits it's back to good ol' clusterf*** circus convoy :)

Don't get your hopes up. It looks all fine and dandy in peace time, but when first contact hits it's back to good ol' clusterf*** circus convoy :)

I've done many convoy ambush missions in previous games, and one with that 14 vehicle convoy which was in the video. It was damn exciting. And of course I didn't survive. One Marid just got me when I was retreating with my group. I didn't test what happends to the convoy after the threat is dealt with, but it is pretty simple to have them continue to their destination.

Edit: Tested full AI ambush+convoy with 14 veh. Two Marids and two Ifrits destroyed totally or partially, some crew survived, went to other vehicles as cargo. After ambushers were killed, 3 remaining Marids got back on the road and continued as a convoy.

Then a disaster. Ifrits and Zamaks sorting their order on the narrow road. Total traffic chaos. One Zamak stuck trying to push against a big rock, wheels spinning, others, facing in every direction on the road, could not move anymore.

Another try. only 10 vehicles this time. Marids and Ifrits effective against ambushers, only 1 Marid totally destroyed.

Everything was settling nice, vehicles returning back to road, sorting positions...

Then a disaster. One stupid Ifrit stuck against the corner of a building. Instead of backing up, and going round the building, it tried obviusly push the house down, wheels spinning. With no luck, of course. And every vehicle behind it, were just waiting the same thing, I guess.

I still have to say that the ambush location was a tight spot, really bad for vehicles, with a narrow road and buildings, trees, rocks and hills.

But when AI driver doesn't understand why he is not moving although the wheels are moving, there is a Big problem which should be sorted somehow.

Edited by Azzur33

It seems to work better if you sync it to an object (invisible or otherwise) and use the synced object option. The destination will also follow moving units this way.

right ok i will give this a try thank you very much

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

368.2mb update

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

would be nice if the object icons had some sort of arrow or marking showing which way is the front or entrance!

all i can see is icons that give no directional idea which way your placing them, especially the OBJECT/SIGNS icons.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

i like these changes :D

Added new actor and samples to Radio Protocol

Optimization of the particle system

Optimization of underwater particle effects

New-style character collision envelopes and rotation axes assigned to pistols.

Tweak: aiRateOfFire of Titan launchers changed from 5.0 to 8.0

Adjusted sounds of tracked vehicles

Decreased bomb touch off priority to prevent accidental detonations

Fixed: Missing object icons -needs directional arrows or something, also the size of like a wrench does not match up lol

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

type 03 and type 07 on the speaker menu are the same voice.

also when changing voice in profile. does not work in game.

type 01 and type 05 are the same

type 02 and type 06 are the same

type 04 and type 08 are the same

when can we expect more speaker voices from like the UK and other regions??

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

@byku... beat that ;)

Edited by tyl3r99
more speaker voices are the same!!! :@

Yup, known issue. Waits on program fixes, unfortunately.

type 01 and type 05 are the same

type 02 and type 06 are the same

type 04 and type 08 are the same

when can we expect more speaker voices from like the UK and other regions??

The data is currently duplicated so that we have the structure in place, and we just need to mass-replace when the samples are prepared.

We've got 4 new US and 3 new Euro voices in the pipeline, in addition to the first Euro voice in game now.

I would not expect to have any new UK in the release (aside from Male00) :cool:

Best,

RiE

i think the CSAT have turned english.... LOL

place a rifle squad and make the leader as player

click preview

and tell them to report in, sitrep.

they will all start to name locations...in english accents!! i think lol but i cannot hear more than 2 protocols

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Yup, known issue. Waits on program fixes, unfortunately.

The data is currently duplicated so that we have the structure in place, and we just need to mass-replace when the samples are prepared.

We've got 4 new US and 3 new Euro voices in the pipeline, in addition to the first Euro voice in game now.

I would not expect to have any new UK in the release (aside from Male00) :cool:

Best,

RiE

thanks RIE for the confirmation :D

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

compared to arma 2, there isnt many voices :/ is this planned or will more be added in future?

I can't believe this fundamental bug is still unaddressed after several months. It's an essential part of the player's experience, being able to define how one looks and how one sounds.

EDIT: Aaargh, ninjaed. Thanks RIE

I can't believe this fundamental bug is still unaddressed after several months. It's an essential part of the player's experience, being able to define how one looks and how one sounds.

EDIT: Aaargh, ninjaed. Thanks RIE

i can agree with you on that one :(

i think the CSAT have turned english.... LOL

Yeah, naturally.... CSAT = Colonial Superpower After Teatime :p

This protocol is still underway, no recordings yet, but planned soonâ„¢.

Best,

RiE

The RPG-42 now has a smoketrail, and no backblast effect.

The launch unit burns out inside the tube, the shell should have no smoke trail at all (maybe a heat effect, but nothing more). The NLAW actually is a rocket, firing after it has left the launch tube.

Edited by InstaGoat

will these protocols be in the final?

haha i have no problem with the english voices as im english myself..;)

ooooo i wish we could record our own protocol that would so awesome!!

Yeah, naturally.... CSAT = Colonial Superpower After Teatime :p

This protocol is still underway, no recordings yet, but planned soonâ„¢.

Best,

RiE

Improved penetration model of Marid / Marshall - hmm... still in my opinion gmg is too strong when attacking armored vehicles, should destroy guns, tires of course, but the hull... at least it should last much longer.

Adjusted sounds of tracked vehicles - nice

Adjusted Rolled Homogeneous Armor against small arms fire - panther tested agianst - Zafir, MX SW - ok... and then... after 4000 rounds of 7,62 it exploded :P... although no one will live enough to fire 4000 rounds at it ;]

Further improvements to carrying capacity are in progress - can't notice anything for now, maybe after further testing :P

Decreased bomb touch off priority to prevent accidental detonations - nice

RPG-42 backblast effect should now work - all i see now i smoke after rocket, but no backblast... i suppose there shouldn't be any smoke? As the fuel is burned inside the launcher?

PCML reticle has been polished - umm.... don't see a difference, although i tend to be blind sometimes... randomly...

Edited by Byku

Can anyone confirm that the sights for the grenade launchaers are fubar. Instead of using the little site on the side you look down your regular sights / scope. You can no longer range them...

Edit I restarted my game and it didnt happen again nevermind...

Edited by Lordprimate

nice byku, nice :P

Improved penetration model of Marid / Marshall - hmm... still in my opinion gmg is too strong when attacking armored vehicles.

Adjusted sounds of tracked vehicles - nice

Adjusted Rolled Homogeneous Armor against small arms fire - panther tested agianst - Zafir, MX SW - ok... and then... after 4000 rounds of 7,62 it exploded :P

Further improvements to carrying capacity are in progress - can't notice anything for now, maybe after further testing :P

Decreased bomb touch off priority to prevent accidental detonations - nice

RPG-42 backblast effect should now work - all i see now i smoke after rocket, but no backblast... i suppose there shouldn't be any smoke? As the fuel is burned inside the launcher?

PCML reticle has been polished - umm.... don't see a difference.

- Further improvements to carrying capacity are in progress

Can any of you devs (RiE ?) elaborate a bit on what is going on with the carrying capacity ?