This is config? Or Script?

These are config entries in the UI PBO

Haven't driven a vehicle in many builds but just noticed the PiP screen/windows are much improved then I remember. Smooth boy.

Yeah I also noticed this, they used to be limited to like 15 FPS but now it looks like they run at an unlocked framerate. The PiP screens on the boats are still laggy though.

Yeah I also noticed this, they used to be limited to like 15 FPS but now it looks like they run at an unlocked framerate. The PiP screens on the boats are still laggy though.

I'm not so sure if it's a good idea though. PiP in it's current form is performance shattering. Unlocking the frame-rate in my mind means worse general performance no?

Perhaps for good Graphics cards, but not for all

Edited by F27Sharps

I'm not so sure if it's a good idea though. PiP in it's current form is performance shattering. Unlocking the frame-rate in my mind means worse general performance no?

I have a GTX670 and In my case my FPS goes down to about 50 from around 70 average when I get into a vehicle with PiP. On my laptop which has a GTX675mx I get absolutely no frame drop so it is pretty gpu dependent.

I have a GTX670 and In my case my FPS goes down to about 50 from around 70 average when I get into a vehicle with PiP. On my laptop which has a GTX675mx I get absolutely no frame drop so it is pretty gpu dependent.

My specs are in my signature and going from PiP Disabled = 70 fps, enabling Ultra drops to 45 fps. I don't believe for a minute it's GPU related. My GPU usage is never even close to 100% during that FPS drop. In fact my GPU usage LOWERS when I enable PiP because my frame-time is being limited by my CPU. Again, my specs are in my signature. You tell me if my hardware isn't good enough for a 2013 game.

Moral of the story: if you favor performance over visuals, keep PiP disabled.

PiP Disabled = 70 FPS 51% GPU usage:

http://imageshack.com/a/img38/6894/a0di.jpg

PiP Ultra = 45 FPS 39% GPU usage:

http://imageshack.com/a/img694/9104/tfti.jpg

I just gotta say, absolutely love the binocular change. It's something I've been rooting for on the forums for a long time. My reasoning is sometimes you need to quickly look around your close proximity during binocular use and your only option back then was to press B again and switch to your weapon, a very clunky and frustrating mechanic. Now you can quickly tap right mouse button and free look around to get a quick glance around your surroundings. Much much much improved!

So much faster to tap the right mouse button instead of pressing the "B" key ! Just simply pressing the B key to look through binoculars was so frustrating and clunky !! Now that I press both "B" key AND the mouse button is so much much much more improved !!!

4d6425a3aebfd904b30fc7733d90e613-thumb.jpg

Actually when I tap my right mouse button I can see how my binoculars looks from behind, I couldn't do this before, obviously is so much much much improved !!

Edited by afp

What in heavens name has happened to vehicle pathfinding ?

I have placed 7 vehicles in a group as a convoy gave it 3 way points inc 1 cycle. Its like watching a Benny Hill sketch seeing them jockeying for positions and getting lost off their path.

Try it start at LZ Connor make a way point near to start of first vehicle and then to to air station mike and then cycle point back at start.

This was working great but now jeeesh they have lost the plot.

2 Zamak's 1 covered one not 2 Madrids 3 irfits

It doesn't have to be a Benny Hill sketch.

1) Do NOT make "from A to B and the same way back to A" -waypoints for convoys, unless "B" has enough room for them to turn around and sort the right order again. Preferably never do that.

2) If you want a convoy, use only "safe" waypoints. They will still react if in danger.

3) At the starting point, make sure the vehicles are already in some sort of order. Use "None" instead of "In Formation" when you place them in the editor, so they stay where you put them. Their position in the convoy depends on the vehicle type, rank, and/or placing order.

No Benny Hill Show anymore. Actually I was surprised how well convoys work in Arma 3 (latest dev build).

I tested first with 2 Marids, 3 Ifrits and 2 Zamaks, from LZ Connor to AS Mike.

Then with 5 Marids, 4 Ifrits, 4 Zamaks and 1 Quadbike (14 vehicles and group of soldiers in cargo), from Stratis Air Base to The Spartan, using only two waypoints.

Then from The Spartan to Stratis AB.

All convoys stayed on the road neatly, they kept distances, and the speed was fine. And they moved from A to B with no problems at all. So, pathfinding isn't obviously the problem.

Edited by Azzur33

Is anybody else seeing strange floating stencil shadow artifacts around Agia Marina with the 0.75.108339 release? They go away is shadows are disabled, but appear with all other shadow settings.

Example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/shadowbug.jpg

Edited by tpw

Is anybody else seeing strange floating stencil shadow artifacts around Agia Marina with the 0.75.108339 release? They go away is shadows are disabled, but appear with all other shadow settings.

I noticed them yesterday too. It's the "garbage plastic bag pile" -object which shadows are messed up.

Edited by Azzur33

I concur, seen these as well last night. Mostly the houses at the marina seemed to have it.

I noticed them yesterday too. It's the "garbage plastic bag pile" -object which shadows are messed up.
I concur, seen these as well last night. Mostly the houses at the marina seemed to have it.

Thanks gents, I'm glad it wasn't my imagination. I will post a ticket on the Feedback Tracker.

Thanks gents, I'm glad it wasn't my imagination. I will post a ticket on the Feedback Tracker.

Noticed them at Girna too

So much faster to tap the right mouse button instead of pressing the "B" key ! Just simply pressing the B key to look through binoculars was so frustrating and clunky !! Now that I press both "B" key AND the mouse button is so much much much more improved !!!

http://www.imghut.com/content/308/4d6425a3aebfd904b30fc7733d90e613-thumb.jpg

Actually when I tap my right mouse button I can see how my binoculars looks from behind, I couldn't do this before, obviously is so much much much improved !!

Ever considered freelooking when using binoculars? :D

Noticed them at Girna too

Yep, anywhere there are the bags of rubbish on the ground. Place a "garbage plastic bag pile" in the editor, move more than about 25m from it, and the dodgy shadows will appear.

380MB to download ;]

Edit. @tyl3r99 i won't post anything for at least 30 mins ;p (downloaded)

Edited by Byku

Ok, I will go first!

Am I the only one that cannot zoom in in the Orca?

these following look interesting!

-Blood effects have been tweaked for larger caliber hits

-Fixed inventory loads of all units of all factions. These changes affect especially the amount of carried ammo, smokes and a few other items.

-Decreased AI hearing ability to pinpoint enemy unit position

-Editor objects now have icons more descriptive of their shape (instead of squares with question marks)

[EDIT] - before anyone reports pop ups! its a known issue

Known issue: various object icon pop-up errors

Ok, I will go first!

The zoom works for me - when i use Num 0

Also it seems they fixed the inventory when you could take alot rockets with you

Ok, I will go first!

I can zoom in, they've changed lock and zoom to be separate. So check it out in your controls.

Also it seems they fixed the inventory when you could take alot rockets with you

Umm... they did not. I still can put 3 AA rockets in a medium sized backpack...

found issue..

Object icons do not show up at all.

(this was not classed as a known issue)

does anyone else think the game suddenly feels more colorful?

colours show up more strongly now :)

new issue

also the blood effects still look rubbish to me when using all types of weapons ranging from pistol to a sniper rifle.

Edited by tyl3r99
found other issue

ahh ... too bad :/

This could be easily adressed by adding a "Space" parameter for vests\backpacks and a "Size" for the items.