New version of Launcher is available in the dev branch (among other things) that should fix several crashes, stuck addons and steam in offline mode (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2724378#post2724378). And big thanks to everyone who tested it and reported back :thanx:.

Edited by dazhbog

Two regressions are still not fixed.

1. The walking sounds are audible to your left when you look through your scope.

2. Metal plates sounds when moving are missing in the current Dev Build.

The launcher seems to be working fine after the last update. Good job.

What is a bit weird though, is that the addons that are downloaded are dropped in the root of Arma 3 instead of in a folder ( let's say addons ).

1. The walking sounds are audible to your left when you look through your scope.

This is not a bug. Your weapon and your head are on the right side of your body. So your feet are a bit left of you, and so is the sound.

I hope that the DEVs will not turn the walking sounds into simple stereo-samples like the shooting sounds. I want that the walking sound comes from the feet and that it stays there even if I turn my head.

The launcher seems to be working fine after the last update. Good job.

What is a bit weird though, is that the addons that are downloaded are dropped in the root of Arma 3 instead of in a folder ( let's say addons ).

What's weird is that the AddOns folder is actually a base asset arma system folder that's always loaded. Not really optimal for mods.

It's a really confusing naming decision and one of the reasons why nubs mess up mod installs.

This is not a bug.
It a bug. And it was fixed during beta but appeared again.

Three bugs with the publisher, tool menu and launcher:

1:

[

Start Arma 3 Tools Publisher via steam and receive missing directory error if steam and meta folders do not exist.

] call http://i.imgur.com/wykLTgp.png;

//FIX: if steam and meta folders exist error does not appear.

[

Start Arma 3 Tools Menu via steam and receive .wss registry key error.

] call http://i.imgur.com/XFOdgux.png http://pastebin.com/bCeNXQc0

[

Arma 3 Launcher crash when you attempt to delete a mod that has been downloaded successfully.

] call https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lcb0r9k5mr4y35e/AAAEdVcfD-pRjgLvS3TaQkbta

//Please let me know if you want an FT ticket on any.

EDIT:

Curious how this is achieved now?: Added: Ability to force difficulty for selected scenarios

Edited by James2464

it is a bug. if you look through a optics or ironsight, you dont hear the steps left of you.

because you lift the optics / ironsight infront of your eyes.

try it in reallife, you still hear you footsteps below yourself, not next to you.

Regarding the reload sound, is it now properly positional too?

It's a PITA to try to pinpoint the enemy when the reload sound "gets stuck" on your ear.

because you lift the optics / ironsight infront of your eyes.

try it in reallife, you still hear you footsteps below yourself, not next to you.

It is not that easy. You dont lift the weapon in front of your eyes, it stays at the shoulder like in the good old real life. But you move your head a bit to the right to be able to view through the optics. Of course only a tiny bit, but theoretically you should hear your footsteps a liiiiiitle bit louder on the left side. Of course it is extremly exagerated in Arma. This is because You dont move your head in the game, you just move your eye to the right much further than the head movement would be.

So this is a long-running issue, which was actually fixed at one point in ArmA 2 but seemed to have crept back later...Is anything going to be done about the insane Z-fighting at long distances? It's REALLY bad in ArmA 3, and I've started noticing it more and more, to the point where it's somewhat immersion-breaking for how bad it is.

Also, there seems to be an issue where looking through a thermal scope causes fences and some other distant objects to glow for no apparent reason.

Also, there seems to be an issue where looking through a thermal scope causes fences and some other distant objects to glow for no apparent reason.

Noticed that too on Stable branch. Doesn´t look good with glowing fences and walls.

Yes, can confirm, either those fences and walls are extremely hot or something's not quite right!

Yes, can confirm, either those fences and walls are extremely hot or something's not quite right!

It seems it depends on the distance. Cause when i zoom in or out the glowing disappears

FYI - Kajman gun optics are still bugged ;). It's rather painful to use gunners position in this chopper.

Anyone else also get annoyed using Close range sights and other sights with glowing points at night? It's rather annoying as it obscures vision. I've looked through some scopes at night, and i can tell you that they don't really multiply. For example, you look down the sights of the RCO at night, and you can see that the red arrow kinda has two more arrows slightly to both sides. Can this even be fixed?

Anyone else also get annoyed using Close range sights and other sights with glowing points at night? It's rather annoying as it obscures vision. I've looked through some scopes at night, and i can tell you that they don't really multiply. For example, you look down the sights of the RCO at night, and you can see that the red arrow kinda has two more arrows slightly to both sides. Can this even be fixed?

i think that is a problem with some of the post process effects. i noticed that especially with depth of field and bloom. that's why i disable them or have them on really low. otherwise it's just bugged and too annoying.

Any oficial words on how/what is this:

Added: Ability to force difficulty for selected scenarios

Sounds like a good idea, but how do you set that? :S

HDR and co. are again a problem. In Alpha\Beta it was somewhat better but some point down the line the simple "contrast" between the ground and clouds created an effect similar to the awfulness that A2 is in this criteria; ground to dark, glowing clouds and exagerated blooms (CTRL+F, HDR). Oh yeah, these blooms....

Optics also were a problem all along (and IIRC, at some point they fixed the holos; or it was a mod?) with doubled chevrons (see below), overglowing sights and overall "blurryness".

The Depth of Field, while I don't understand the technical aspects of it I can tell it is wrong. It could be used for story\immersion\game mechanic AND to mask some of the game's problems like long range textures (STALKER, despite the short distances) or LOD changing. Simpliest example to ilustrate here are ironsights (and optical ones ^):

m240g_ironsights_tmb.JPG

Thermals? Don't start on that. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2899

On game tech, this would be my vote just behind Sound. Get your sh...... aders together! :cool:

With all these engine changes, now might be the time to change it.

Or I am beign too optimistic :(

the idea of disabling HDR simply doesn't work: in case of ArmA and ArmA 2, HDR is in the heart of the entire lighting model so disabling it means basically black screen. The whole mechanism has two parts: simulation of light and aperture control. Some tweaks to the light values when sun is near horizon are implemented in the upcoming version 1.02 and we may improve aperture control further in future revision as well

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74238-HDR-and-Bloom-are-completely-out-of-control!/page4

As it is now, I'm afraid we will never see this.

Yay!