You mean we need something like this:
[/url] With that amazing medical system it has! Would love to be playing online, get badly injured and have a medevac like that!

I'd be more than happy if BI implement this in A3 ( I don't need superspecial effects ), as it is shown it would be outstanding.

That was pretty damn sweet but no one was ejected from the vehicle, I do love the enhanced damaged model. Only if Arma lived up to those standards....

I think the lack of ejections was due to the vehicle type.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

I'd be more than happy if BI implement this in A3 ( I don't need superspecial effects ), as it is shown it would be outstanding.

The explosion and medevac gameplay wise are very simple for a player as well.

Interesting, I would love physical trailers and to be able to tow vehicles like in the video!

Also is it just me or do the trees in game look like they were made with Silvador Rapid Tree Generator by Bohemia Interactive Studios?

or at least look very similar. Not saying this is a bad thing as they look really good. Edited by ProGamer

Also is it just me or do the trees in game look like they were made with Silvador Rapid Tree Generator by Bohemia Interactive Studios?
[/url] or at least look very similar. Not saying this is a bad thing as they look really good.

Yes, they are. VBS2 uses them too I think.

You mean we need something like this:
[/url] With that amazing medical system it has! Would love to be playing online, get badly injured and have a medevac like that!

I wish bi would give us real looking damaged vehicles. Once something gets destroyed they turn black or worse, rusted. They don't have to make a model like the damaged vehicle in that video, but keep some of the vehicle painted and stop making all placeable wrecks rusted. Not all vehicle burn to a crisp and rusting them mean OLD damage. They did good with the Hunter wreck, but that also looks like someone tried stripping it. But that HUMVEE from A3 and A2 is a good example. That's how all, or most, wreck models should be. They only do good wrecks when they are part of campaign story.

Three more hours! Good luck BIS! :)

+1! Hope you break sales record!

But remember to reinvest ALL your profits in to the AI ;)

I wish bi would give us real looking damaged vehicles. Once something gets destroyed they turn black or worse, rusted. They don't have to make a model like the damaged vehicle in that video, but keep some of the vehicle painted and stop making all placeable wrecks rusted. Not all vehicle burn to a crisp and rusting them mean OLD damage. They did good with the Hunter wreck, but that also looks like someone tried stripping it. But that HUMVEE from A3 and A2 is a good example. That's how all, or most, wreck models should be. They only do good wrecks when they are part of campaign story.

+1 I also noticed that anything that enters the water will keep its current damage visual until it touches the bottom and then it turns into a wreck that is either black or covered in algae making it look like its been there for ever. With the current setup you can't do any rescue diving into freshly submerged vehicles, breaks the immersion unfortunately.

3 more hours until the big disappointment :)
More like three hours until we find what the hell we were missing thanks to the feature lock. :p (By which I mean the "cut off" -- for example, Altis was known to be coming out after Gamescom, but UAVs just barely missed the cut-off date for "last stable branch patch before September 12".)

More like three hours until we find what the hell we were missing thanks to the feature lock. :p (By which I mean the "cut off" -- for example, Altis was known to be coming out after Gamescom, but UAVs just barely missed the cut-off date for "last stable branch patch before September 12".)

UAVs were always dev branch though, so never part of stable branch. Same with Altis... Pretty sure dev branch didn't apply to the cut-off lock. Even if they did, dev branch continued to get updates. Hopefully there will some more stuff. Hopefully it isn't just the dev branch.

3 hours? Guess I got the time conversion wrong, according to my conversion there is still 4 1/2 hours.

Cool, I guess I will be able to play sooner. Maybe I should start downloading then goto the gym early and come back to the game :)

3 hours? Guess I got the time conversion wrong, according to my conversion there is still 4 1/2 hours.

Cool, I guess I will be able to play sooner. Maybe I should start downloading then goto the gym early and come back to the game :)

It's at 9 CEST ( central european summer time ), so 1 hour and 15 min from now. Prague time

This Thursday, 09:00 GMT+1 (Prague)
Edited by MistyRonin

I'm expecting a huge disappointment on final release.

I'm guessing there will still be features missing.

Bugs and performance issues will still be present.

BI simply can't get everything fixed in time for launch.

It looks like a repeat of what happened back on Arma 2 launch day.

And I thought they are suppose to learn and improve from past experience.

Edited by ryaneu

read the newest change log.

basicly all content is in, dev brach probally goes back about 2 weeks on alot of content, then goes far foreward to what current, plus some inhouse stuff.

their should also be a main brach patch on day one of all the fixes from between going gold and launch (if they follow standard QA procudure.)

then dev brach is the staging ground for beta patches

Launch countdown status in arma3.com has been changed to RELEASED

Guys, can we go back to discussing the dev branch, not the game release or how much you fly away when hit with a bullet ?

These two issues quoted below are serious, especially the preview problem will make mission making on Altis a major pain in the backside. Don't want them to get drowned in three or four pages of off topic talk.

Chute problems: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10249

Preview problems: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14346

Edited by Varanon

i think those factors aren't exactly minor. otherwise everyone shooting a rifle would have the same bruise on their shoulder like the guy with a bulletproof vest getting hit by that rifle would have on his chest.

http://depletedcranium.com/l3chestinjury.jpg

Just as a point, the wound there was infilcted through soft body armour, that means very little distribution of the force over a greater area, unlike if it was hard armour where the force would be distributed over the entire area of the plate.

12-09-2013

Devbranch is currently set to be identical to main branch - meaning it's in a way older than it was yesterday. Later today we will update it with an actual devbranch EXE, and we'll continue to unleash a lot of backlog work from the last few weeks of data lock (read: a lot of data differences). More so than usual the devbranch may suffer from incompatibilities and errors for a few days until the dust settles.

I wonder if that means we will see some new content today?

I wonder if that means we will see some new content today?

I doubt it, but there will definitely be a lot of changes. (And probably errors.)

Devbranch is currently set to be identical to main branch - meaning it's in a way older than it was yesterday. Later today we will update it with an actual devbranch EXE, and we'll continue to unleash a lot of backlog work from the last few weeks of data lock (read: a lot of data differences). More so than usual the devbranch may suffer from incompatibilities and errors for a few days until the dust settles.

Note: it may be tomorrow instead - because updating now would interrupt / reset any on-going downloads.

I just got a 157MB download. Can't download it as of now but somewhat curious as to what it is.

I just got a 157MB download. Can't download it as of now but somewhat curious as to what it is.

It basicly reverts the devbranch version to an older version to be on par with the stable release version. Later today we should be getting another dev branch update with all the changes/fixes they have been holding back on for the past weeks.