Major performance drop from todays patch, was getting 30/40fps yesterday, now 17/24.

64bit Win 7. 3930k, 32gb ram, two 6970's in Crossfire with latest Beta drivers.

I guess the best way to proceed would be to allow "plugins" for the editor, like, making it possible to add your own functionality through modifications in a transparent way. That way, modders could add loadout tabs, 3d object positioning and all the other stuff that BIS doesn't have the resources to do themselves.

That's really a really interesting proposition. I think BI should take it into account.

Can't see the 'empty' faction on the editor now (after choosing 'non playable'). Anyone else?

Been that way for a veeeeeeeeeery long time

You have to place a playable unit first then you can access the empty slot.

Edited by xx-LSD-xx

True. i hope they give the editor some attention after the release. Small things such as the thing above, not being able to copy units and have them stay playable & the lack of 'certain features' 3d editor really need to get taken care of! :)

You can copy anything you put in the editor. left ctrl+c then left ctrl+v to place cloned item.

I think some of you should learn how to use the editor before you pass judgment.:butbut:

You can copy anything you put in the editor. left ctrl+c then left ctrl+v to place cloned item.

I think some of you should learn how to use the editor before you pass judgment.:butbut:

Read again:

copy units and have them stay playable

Undo, select all and other are thing that would be very welcome.

That's really a really interesting proposition. I think BI should take it into account.

The thing is, this is already more or less possible with the current layout system. The problem is getting access to the in-memory editable objects. I guess that's what will make the whole thing fail, sadly.

Just saw this on youtube (I know I'm behind the curve prob) but I thought it would be a neat addition to Arma 3.

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun!

yes, I realize the video is fake but looks doable for arma 3!

Just saw this on youtube (I know I'm behind the curve prob) but I thought it would be a neat addition to Arma 3.

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun!

yes, I realize the video is fake but looks doable for arma 3!

Just use add weapon and add magazine and it works already! For example try putting this in a quadrotars init: this addMagazine "38Rnd_80mm_rockets";this addWeapon "rockets_Skyfire"; this addMagazine "8Rnd_LG_scalpel";this addWeapon "missiles_SCALPEL";this addMagazine "2000Rnd_20mm_shells";this addWeapon "gatling_20mm";

Man, I don't know what happened between last Friday and today, but my performance is absolutely terrible. I went from mid-40s to 15-16 fps in a single player mission I made last week. Just abysmal. I also noticed (and put in a ticket) that artillery explosions were inaudible, and that damned Camp Maxwell option is still there (rather than revert), so I can't even switch to another team member to complete a mission. I've tried to be optimistic (look at my post history!!) but it seems we're going backwards here! :(

I wouldn't consider what is seen in the video neither strange nor an issue, still, speculation follows: can be explained by some type of asset loading management, if the distance increases so does the overal memory footprint to load objects and terrain, load which is minimized by decreasing the texture quality of objects to recover some additional memory. Resulting in an automatic compromise between view distance and texture quality. This is also hinted by the automatic adjustment of object view distance too.

i just found out, why its such a strange feeling to steer the cars !!

the Proxy-positions of the driver in cars are shifted to the right.

you sit slightly right behind the steering-wheel, and it feels

/is so wrong not sitting behind the middle of the it.

szgsq1pubacb.jpg

x2ta3es13g.jpg

ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14259

Edited by themaster303

Nothing weird in here just like gamma said. That's how I expect it to work.

for the life of me I can't understand why i should lose close view textures when only increasing my view distance by so little an amount.

sliding before start walking

if you press for example the key "A" for strafing left,

you slide first, and than the animation kicks in later.

see video:

if you press for example the key "A" for strafing left,

you slide first, and than the animation kicks in later.

see video:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vIoAckTWNMg

ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14263

Well that is still some hundred meters away, but it is noticeable.

If the above speculation is right it might just happen that the curve steps down the texture mipmap too early. Given the recent issues with memory along with Altis release this can be a sideeffect of the contingency to address that. Too conservative right now to accommodate the RAM limit, maybe to later on get better with further optimizations. We shall see.

An issue for me is the Merkava/ M2A1 is missing its Commander gun: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14264

And the T-100 lacks a coxial gun: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13917

I really hope this is not because of some form of "balance".

For balance or not, those things should be on the tanks. It's ridiculous to have an enemy standing in front of the tank and you have to wait for the commander to decide whether or not he even see's the guy or not (since AI like to ignore everything if it already has one target in mind). So you have to waste a cannon round on a single infantry. There are too many examples that I can point out . Bottom line is that T100 needs a coax bad. Merkava can use a gun the commander could use. So far most commander positions in armor have zero value to them. They get to watch and nothing else. Not even a laser pointer.

Read again:

Undo, select all and other are thing that would be very welcome.

I read it correctly the first time.

You are correct you can't make them playable (cloned groups) in the editor but you can make them playable when constructing your mission. The editor only gives you the mission.sqf

The rest is up to you. Personally I think it's a great tool but there is a slight learning curve. Being able to write code is plus for making your files.

I posted this in the wrong forum i asked it to be moved to dev branch to see if it was just an issue with my gfx or others have experienced this also, before i made a ticket for it.