A Dev Branch update only is planned for next week; this is the foundation of a future Default Branch patch, which will be tested over the next couple of weeks (as has happened with previous updates).

Best,

RiE

New campaign mission and new vehicles confirmed for monday's dev build.

Though I'd love that, I can't understand how you reach that conclusion.

:D sorry, 1+1 != 11

The dev branch update with mainly restore the fixes/tweaks made in the last few weeks (post data-lock), like some of the AI tweaks (rotation speed, and the like), plus other minor fixes to models and paths to textures, etc.

We'll announce when anything more 'significant' is inbound.

Best,

RiE

Though I'd love that, I can't understand how you reach that conclusion.

Why would a dev branch need WEEKS of testing then?

Why would a dev branch need WEEKS of testing then?

It's the nature of the dev-branch, right? To test the changes before they get carried over to the stable build.

Im a bit confues now with the stable and DEV how it is now. would you recommend to play on DEV build now, and if yes, why`?

Dev and stable are identical now. Untill monday.

Im a bit confues now with the stable and DEV how it is now. would you recommend to play on DEV build now, and if yes, why`?

It's quite an easy decision, with the stable you'll be able to play MP and SP without any major problem.

If you choose for the DEV, you may have problems due to incompatibilities or just due to non-finished or non-tested stuff. But on the other hand, you'll be able to have features before they are released in the stable.

We dont play public, only closed coops, own and usermade missions. the main question is, can you play all the usermade stuff on the stable, or do they need to be updated.

We dont play public, only closed coops, own and usermade missions. the main question is, can you play all the usermade stuff on the stable, or do they need to be updated.

it depends if they change something used in the mission. hopefully they won't change any more classnames and such

This is how tanks behave on my end, when are they flipping themselves upright again?

i did not mean at spezial the tanks, i did mean the anti-flip behaviour of the most vehicles! i did upload 3 examples.

here you see what i mean. and i am shure there are already tickets.

a vehicle should behave like in reallife, and with physx under the hood, it should be possible. the auto-flip back on

wheels is pretty anoying.

hope thats also fixed as the jumping vehicles:

look at the end of the quad-bike video ;) i drive below a "jumped bugged ruck"

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14277

Don't know if it was a fluke but just now in a MP session I could not use the PTT key and walk/drive/anything else. Quite problematic.

i did not mean at spezial the tanks, i did mean the anti-flip behaviour of the most vehicles! i did upload 3 examples.

here you see what i mean. and i am shure there are already tickets.

a vehicle should behave like in reallife, and with physx under the hood, it should be possible. the auto-flip back on

wheels is pretty anoying.

hope thats also fixed as the jumping vehicles:

look at the end of the quad-bike video ;) i drive below a "jumped bugged ruck"

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14277

Wow! I've always tried to avoid getting my car on its roof but that sure does need attention, no doubt! :eek:

Edited by CaptainObvious

Looking around for a unit capable to hide bodies I realise that there is none! Any particular reason for this? I see it's still available in the config so easy to fix with a simple addon but why not allow let say the recon guys being able to hide dead bodies in stock game? Would add another notch to stealth missions etc.

/KC

Guest Ti0n3r

Dragging dead enemies and hiding the bodies in grass/bushes > 2001 Wizardry :P

Looking around for a unit capable to hide bodies I realise that there is none! Any particular reason for this? I see it's still available in the config so easy to fix with a simple addon but why not allow let say the recon guys being able to hide dead bodies in stock game? Would add another notch to stealth missions etc.

/KC

I think all units should be able to drag dead bodies. If this could be combined with AI actually responding to dead comrades when spotting them it could be great.

However, the old solution of making an enemy body dissolve to the ground as "hiding" it, should go away in my opinion.

This would mean one other entry in the already messed up action menu.

Yay!

and it would also require new AI features like being alarmed by dead bodies. or is that already the case?

Dragging dead enemies and hiding the bodies in grass/bushes > 2001 Wizardry :P

I agree that a dragging option would be even better but the old way is better than nothing. Now that we finally can sneak up really close again for silent kills being able to drag dead bodies (or just having the old way to hide) is needed more than ever for sneaky missions.

This would mean one other entry in the already messed up action menu.

Only visible if <1 m from a dead body so no big deal IMO.

The AI already reacts if they spot a dead body.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

and it would also require new AI features like being alarmed by dead bodies. or is that already the case?

Metal Gear?!

Or Assassin's Creed. :P Hell, previous Splinter Cell games until Conviction let the player move bodies around...

Let's not confuse an AI made explicitely for a stealth game with a huge combat operations one.

Yay!