I think you just answered it right there.

Are the SDARs still set to 30 meters' zero??

30m is the effective range of the Dual Purpose supercavitation ammunition underwater, so yeah. However, in an ironic twist that's actually closer to the range of 7.62 UW ammo as of the present (25m) compared to 5.56(15m), meaning that it's underwater performances are closer to what an RFB (in 7.62) with UW ammo would do and not the 5.56 that it is in-game. Not sure if it's really that ironic, but I always wanted to say that.

Why did they revert to old Binoculars animation? The new ones looked realistic and was way less clunky allowing for quick identification of targets and quick engagement. I hope this is temporary or something?

*from today's official changelog "Fixed incorrect alpha sorting on Mk20GL with a 3D scope"

I hope there are fixed a similar problem with the equivalent of "aimpoint" scope (mco i think??..)

Messing with All In Arma and that dumb reverb effect is present everywhere. Even in an SUV honking the horn.

Messing with All In Arma and that dumb reverb effect is present everywhere. Even in an SUV honking the horn.

Whatever you do, don't use any weapons in vehicles. Like firing the GAU cannon in the F-35B is like smashing your head in with a hammer :mad:

Sorry, selections deleted by mistake. Will be fixed in todays Dev branch update

You made my day, thank you :)

I hope there are fixed a similar problem with the equivalent of "aimpoint" scope

Yes, it fixed.

Has there been any info about rain etc testing in dev builds and animations added for wounded?

Is this in regards to binoculars when using the walk speed (default W+S from run/combat pace)?

Yes. If you walk, you can see what's left of the natural binoculars animations.

Has there been any info about rain etc testing in dev builds and animations added for wounded?

The only official info about rain was in one of the recent SITREPs. They didn't like the old rain and want to do a full overhaul eventually, but due to time restraints they plan to put in a version with some minor improvements first. At least that's what I remember.

EDIT

There it is:

OPERATIONS

A while ago we disabled rain because we were not satisfied with the graphical state. In the meantime, we've investigated some options for improving it, and identified a modest set of refinements we hope to include for the final game. A more significant overhaul is desired, but we're rather saturated with other tasks right now.

Source

They didn't like the old rain and want to do a full overhaul eventually, but due to time restraints they plan to put in a version with some minor improvements first.

Yes, that's accurate. Rain is being worked on at the moment. We're trying to make some improvements from the data side, given the absence of program time.

It looks like any improvements we can afford to make now will be rather modest, but I hope it'll be better than the state we first saw at the launch of the Alpha.

My analysis for a full rain overhaul scares the programmers, and its implementation is rather lower priority than other features that need some love.

Best,

RiE

Well the rain has been absent since March 2013. So I certainly hope it was worth it being left outside the game for such a long period :)

Thanks for the info guys, i hope the work goes smoothly.

Can I tease one more bit of info from you regarding wounded or injured animations, currently the AI bob up and down when being injured, when are the proper animations being added?

There has been no mention of them at all since release of the alpha/beta.

Edited by Bigpickle

My analysis for a full rain overhaul scares the programmers

Do you mean the complexity of the proposed new rain system is deemed to be too much work to tackle at the moment? How complex is this new rain system intended to be?

PS. I think rain is mostly an atmosphere builder than a game mechanic, obscure visibility and have some awesome sound effects and its pretty much done. Unless we are wanting to simulate things like moisture on surfaces for vehicle handling etc.

Edited by ssechaud

Yes, that's accurate. Rain is being worked on at the moment. We're trying to make some improvements from the data side, given the absence of program time.

It looks like any improvements we can afford to make now will be rather modest, but I hope it'll be better than the state we first saw at the launch of the Alpha.

My analysis for a full rain overhaul scares the programmers, and its implementation is rather lower priority than other features that need some love.

Best,

RiE

Are there any plans to increase wind strength? I know that making bigger ocean waves and bending trees isn't an easy task, but it would certainly make storms feel more realistic and immersive.

Would be cool if there would be muddy ground and wet uniform textures combined some day with rain in ArmA3. Gave tons of more immersion in stalker clear sky.

I'm not sure how well stumbling and blackouts would work, especially for casual players and epileptics

Make it an option then. For the love of God, I'm tired of "casual" and "epileptics" being the benchmark for everything. Should muzzle flashes be removed for epileptics? Should bullet drop be removed for casual players? These kind of excuses are getting a real bother. "It's a game", "It's not good for casual players". It's like with the red circle for "casual players" being unchangeable.

For once, I would like to hear how "I am not sure how well feature X works, especially for realism freaks".

And we're not talking about blackouts at .6 fatigue. We're talking 0.9 to 1.0 range.

Plainly, I don't see the point of fatigue if all it does is prevent you from sprinting. The effect/penalty is just too small.

Edited by Alwarren

Meh it's pretty obvious now that BIS is not interested in improving fatigue or limiting loadouts within any reason.

They've made it so that you can carry 1 rocket less, pat themselves on the back and called it an "overhaul".

We still will have to pretend like we need ammo bearers among other things if we want to play in a realistic way or have any in-game reason to have a teamwork. The more or less realistic inventory limits of ArmA2 made all the difference and they are what makes ArmA2 a superior game in this regard. Guess "casual players" has indeed became a benchmark for everything.

Edited by metalcraze

I can't imagine how soldier is put AA rocket in the vest. Why we don't have restrictions for huge objects in vests?

Make it an option then. For the love of God, I'm tired of "casual" and "epileptics" being the benchmark for everything.

This. If it's discrimination against epileptic people to say "If you have fits over flashes, you probably shouldn't play a war sim with gunfire and explosions", then call me discriminatory. It just seems such a ridiculous consideration given the genre we're talking about.

I didn't played the game in a couple of days, am I the only one with an echo effect in the little bird playing first person or is a know bug?

When I shoot, the sound keeps playing four or five times, even the emergency sounds, if I use the third person it's all fine.

I can't imagine how soldier is put AA rocket in the vest. Why we don't have restrictions for huge objects in vests?

Because as metalcraze pointed out, the standard is set lower so the casual gamer is now happy about everything.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

I didn't played the game in a couple of days, am I the only one with an echo effect in the little bird playing first person or is a know bug?

When I shoot, the sound keeps playing four or five times, even the emergency sounds, if I use the third person it's all fine.

Doublepost yay! Erm, yes, MadDogX made a comment on it a good number of pages back now. Something about echoing too, and with guns or rockets past the windows or something like that...

I have seen some more work on the fatigue and would dare to say that current state isn't final. You still might be able to lift some heavy burden (subject to change), but it could possibly have more severe consequences :icon_twisted:

Comp_uter15776

Сonversations about standarts don't change anything. For now, devs work's on the release. Not are good time for "feature revolutions".

Edited by Anachoretes

Do you mean the complexity of the proposed new rain system is deemed to be too much work to tackle at the moment? How complex is this new rain system intended to be?

Sorry, I should have made that more clear, there is no new rain system, just some analysis done in spare time that outlines the cool future potential of the feature area (I spent six years in Glasgow, I have to like rain).

The actual work that is going into it now is about updating what we can, like sounds/textures, which we hope can help in some way.

Plainly, I don't see the point of fatigue if all it does is prevent you from sprinting. The effect/penalty is just too small.

To add some extra info to your statement, fatigue is also linked to weapon sway.

This means that if you are more fatigued, you are likely to be less accurate. On top of that, when you reach an exhausted state (when fatigue is 100%), the speed of your actions, like movement, reloading, swimming, are limited (to 80%). There are currently some technical problems in terms of making the effect any more punitive than 80%; however, work continues in this area.

In regard to the persisting capacity issue, I agree that it also needs some further work. While there are some limitations in terms of the original implementation, our new designer, Radko, hopes to make further improvements, particularly in terms of the capacity, which still seems unreasonably large.

Best,

RiE

Edited by DnA
Failure to quote