nop, anyone else having problems with firedrills? :D I'm so noob, won only silver at first 2 drills.

Anyone else notice the Commanche's Pilot's seat has got a really bad viewpoint? I can't even see where I am aiming the rockets at because of the window frame. Now I understand why it got cancelled in RL : )

Also if you browse the profile file, you can see a bunch of keybind classes pertaining to ToH heli flight model included (but obviously unbound) like battery, rotor brake etc. Could somebody with an old Alpha profile confirm if they have been there before, or is this a new hint/hope for more advanced FM still?

The new helos are so sweet and flying the Blackfoot is the sheeit!!!!!

Are the FM improved in the Beta (has avoided helis in Alpha since they flew worse than A2:OA)?

/KC

Are the FM improved in the Beta (has avoided helis in Alpha since they flew worse than A2:OA)?

/KC

yes, they handle way better than in alpha and i find them even more enjoyable than in arma 2. i fly with keyboard and free mouselook.

/KC

Only change that can actually be compared with Alpha is that the Littlebird is much less twitchy. Kasatka still feels the same to me.

Aloha :)

Amongst other testing we played the new "Defend Kamino" MP mission yesterday and had some bugs:

It was as if we shared the player character with an AI sometimes. I only had it happen to me once, it was af if my "A" key got stuck and I constantly strafed left, until I was killed because of it. Another player had it happen again and again to him, suddenly walking without pressing in a direction, even when tabbed out of the game to the desktop, suddenly reloading a full mag and constantly putting his weapon up and down. This last animation could not be seen by other players.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Two self build missions and the combined arms showcase worked fine before, all on a dedicated with the new dev beta build without any addons, the .rpt shows nothing that caught my attention. I copied and renamed my old .arma3alphaprofile, the other players didn't. We'll likely try again this evening and see if it happens again.

i was trying to find the relevant vehicle classnames to change the reflectors to "daylight 1" but i couldnt seem to find the classes i needed for any of the new vehilces, anybody got an idea wich are the ones i should look for?

Only change that can actually be compared with Alpha is that the Littlebird is much less twitchy. Kasatka still feels the same to me.

Sure is less twitchy... so much actually, that the CH-49 is more responsive.

Overall, I'd say the helicopter physics haven't been improved, and autorotations are still impossible (since 0.60, but were possible before that).

Let me link to this ticket about helicopter physics (includes a video): http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9786

The new helicopters (and alpha ones as well), despite their handling, are awesome, though.

optics are just getting confusing. depending on the scope, you might have to use one of three different ways to adjust the 'zoom' (+/-, ctrl-right-click, or holding the right mouse button)

Could you please try the repro mission and see if it happens there for you? And if it happens only to the houses or to everything?

optics are just getting confusing. depending on the scope, you might have to use one of three different ways to adjust the 'zoom' (+/-, ctrl-right-click, or holding the right mouse button)

yeah. i noticed that too. the green army's optic acts particularly strange, as right-klick-zooming and toggling optics-mode to magnified optics yields very similar results. not a game breaker but feels wrong somehow....

but apart from that and other small issues i really like the beta so far! :)

the green army's optic acts particularly strange, as right-klick-zooming and toggling optics-mode to magnified optics yields very similar results. not a game breaker but feels wrong somehow....

I think the Green Army optic (MRCO or something?) is meant to represent a Dual-Role sight (like a SpecterDR or ShortDot) where the sight can be used as a 1x collimator/red-dot optic, then be switched to a 4x magnified optic at the flick of a lever - all using the same optical tube.

The first sight mode on the MRCO is the same as the other collimators ingame (Holosight, ACO etc.) where pressing the 'NUM +/-' keys is intended to act as the ability of the human eye to 'focus' for the 1x magnification rather than 'zoom'. The second sight mode ('Ctrl+Right-Click' or 'NUM /') is the one that is intended to be a fixed magification mode for the scope like the ARCO and RCO/HAMR have (where the magnification is larger than the 'focussed' mode of the collimator, and you can't adjust it with 'NUM+/-').

I think the Green Army optic (MRCO or something?) is meant to represent a Dual-Role sight (like a SpecterDR or ShortDot) where the sight can be used as a 1x collimator/red-dot optic, then be switched to a 4x magnified optic at the flick of a lever - all using the same optical tube.

The first sight mode on the MRCO is the same as the other collimators ingame (Holosight, ACO etc.) where pressing the 'NUM +/-' keys is intended to act as the ability of the human eye to 'focus' for the 1x magnification rather than 'zoom'. The second sight mode ('Ctrl+Right-Click' or 'NUM /') is the one that is intended to be a fixed magification mode for the scope like the ARCO and RCO/HAMR have (where the magnification is larger than the 'focussed' mode of the collimator, and you can't adjust it with 'NUM+/-').

so its just like the other 4x scopes, that have the CQB attachment on the "/" (change scope type button)?

so its just like the other 4x scopes, that have the CQB attachment on the "/" (change scope type button)?

Yep, just the the 'red-dot' mode is done through the main optical tube rather than a small, separate device mounted on top.

I imagine if the MRCO (honestly can't remember if that's the correct name for it ingame, so apologies if I'm wrong), had have been in the Alpha, before BIS adopted 3d representations of magnified rifle optics: pressing "/" would have brought up a version of the reticle with the old black shroud around it. That would have at least made the two sight modes more discernible from one another than they are now.

One of those two would definitelly be a great addition to the game.

I think the Green Army optic (MRCO or something?) is meant to represent a Dual-Role sight [...] where the sight can be used as a 1x collimator/red-dot optic, then be switched to a 4x magnified optic at the flick of a lever - all using the same optical tube.

ok. that would make sense. thanks for the insight.

let's hope the devs find a way to better distinguish the two modes - perhaps through some sort of pp-effects or so.

ok. that would make sense. thanks for the insight.

let's hope the devs find a way to better distinguish the two modes - perhaps through some sort of pp-effects or so.

didn't knew about that either, i wondered if its a bug, cause it has such a small zoom. No i see why.

MRCO is a shortdot but with acog style reticle ,but sooner or later there will be even those optics

Dont know what is going on, before the update i was playing fine online; now im constantly dropping to 8frames every 5secs. I can play singleplayer fine at 40frames?

Vehicle Showcase seems broken: I think they've decreased the Hunter GMG damage and introduced some sort of wind effect to the rounds. The reticle stays perfectly on target (because its not linked to the gun as such and has no recoil) but rounds now have a big spread. Having beaten the showcase at least 5 times in Alpha, I know the biggest hurdle is conserving your rounds and making accurate shots on the 3x hunters you have to destroy.

Well from 800m away, perfectly zero'd my shots were going wild without moving the mouse and 3+ direct hits on a single hunter wouldn't destroy it. I ran out of ammo without destroying a single hunter.

Can someone please reproduce?

Worked fine when I've tried now. No difference.

Vehicle Showcase seems broken: I think they've decreased the Hunter GMG damage and introduced some sort of wind effect to the rounds. The reticle stays perfectly on target (because its not linked to the gun as such and has no recoil) but rounds now have a big spread. Having beaten the showcase at least 5 times in Alpha, I know the biggest hurdle is conserving your rounds and making accurate shots on the 3x hunters you have to destroy.

Well from 800m away, perfectly zero'd my shots were going wild without moving the mouse and 3+ direct hits on a single hunter wouldn't destroy it. I ran out of ammo without destroying a single hunter.

Can someone please reproduce?

Completed it just now without problems. I got up to 300 meters so I didn't notice any dispersion that might be affecting the rounds at 800m. While, yeah, it felt like it takes longer to kill them, I managed to kill one with 4 rounds, and the other two were heavily damaged but not destroyed with 15 rounds remaining. One blew up by itself after around 30 seconds and the last one I finished off by closing in to 100 meters and hitting it with a Hunter grenade to the engine (it didn't explode, but was disabled enough to complete the objective). Going by the experience, the first kill that took 4 rounds I purposely overshot to hit the infantry and the rounds landed in front of the car (near the engine), and the one that was finished off by the direct engine hit, I think it's more about where you hit them rather than exact number of rounds you hit them with.

Could you please try the repro mission and see if it happens there for you? And if it happens only to the houses or to everything?

As I said, it's random. Doesn't happen all the time