These modules were created primarily for campaign purposes. In the course of development, we've decided to handle the functionality they were supposed to have to be done differently (using Sites, getting rid of dynamic spawning altogether). You've mentioned some problems these modules had, and considering there were no resources to keep them up to date, removing them was considered the best solution.

I agree though that their removal should have been documented in the sitrep / spotrep and would like to apologize for any incovenience caused to community mission makers.

Why did you do this?! Getting rid of dynamic spawning altogether? What good could have come from this, I would rather have broken skirmish modules than none, it made playing my own missions fun and exciting because I didn't know the location and path of every soldier on the map and it circumvented using overly complex and buggy scripts!

Are the skirmish modules going to come back? If not I may just not ever bother to make another mission because that's a huge disappointment and makes my job much more difficult. Sorry for this being so late to the party but this pisses me off.

OK so the game is great so far, but one thing that is physically hurting me from this game is the fucking blur you get when your out of breath or sprint for to long. Its giving really bad headaches and hurts my eyes alot. It's to the point that the game is almost unplayable, never have I had a game physically hurt me like this. (didn't even think it was possible)

Please add an option to disable or or take it out.

Reminds me of a joke:

A Frenchman gets off of a plane on Heathrow, and the first person he sees is a Bobby whom he approaches and slaps him so hard his hat falls off.

- WTF? That was uncalled for!

- YOU KILLED JOAN OF ARC!!!!!

- But that was such a long time ago!??!

- I JUST FOUND OUT!

Regarding clean cars n' stuff: they have to be clean before they get dirty, no? *universal excuse* we're in alpha, game not final, hardware still new and shiny. Gotta use it a bit before it gets dirty :) Now seriously, not a game breaking or even that much of an immersion spoiler...

Issue: Mk 20 and TAVOR silencers... I can't get them to attach to gun. Is there a new classname?

Regarding clean cars n' stuff: they have to be clean before they get dirty, no? *universal excuse* we're in alpha, game not final, hardware still new and shiny. Gotta use it a bit before it gets dirty :) Now seriously, not a game breaking or even that much of an immersion spoiler...

Yep folks, just wait till BIS implement mud and puddles into their build :D Anyway im thinking that it would be possible to make mud like layer in for instance Photoshop - texture of it on alpha layer and then implement it so after some time of driving around it would appear on the sides of the vehicle?

Is it possible that the new fatigue blur is causing lower performance? Afterall, it is somekind of PP effect. Please remove it, BIS!

I wonder what happend to the face with 'modelled' hair. Seems like they'll stick to the bald-but-hairy faces.

So if modelled hair isn't going to happend because of the headgear.. how about modelled beards? ^-^

Is it possible that the new fatigue blur is causing lower performance? Afterall, it is somekind of PP effect. Please remove it, BIS!

Stamina needs to be in the difficulty options. No point to remove it but it needs some improvement.

Stamina needs to be in the difficulty options. No point to remove it but it needs some improvement.

I'm talking about the blur. The fatigue limit needs to be decreased as soldiers aren't 60 years old, but the blur needs to be removed!

love the beta so far. bad thing, old unsolved bugs are still there and breaking missions. example: showcase combined arms, teamlader is not moving to the helicopter, looks like AI stuck-bug again, mission doesnt end. another one in the same mission, nothing happens after repealing the counterattack (task isnt succeeded, but no more enemys around), also gamebreaker;-(

At night showcase mission, we are starting without night googles, and without any silencers. Is US army that poor in the future, that it can't offer it's soldiers, at least some night googles, and at least silencer for a pistole? :)

love the beta so far. bad thing, old unsolved bugs are still there and breaking missions. example: showcase combined arms, teamlader is not moving to the helicopter, looks like AI stuck-bug again, mission doesnt end. another one in the same mission, nothing happens after repealing the counterattack (task isnt succeeded, but no more enemys around), also gamebreaker;-(
Check you are not using CBA, at the moment it breaks most of BIS content!

Yay!

I'm talking about the blur. The fatigue limit needs to be decreased as soldiers aren't 60 years old, but the blur needs to be removed!

No, it doesn't.

What is your suggestion to replace blur? Blinking black screen like ACE did? There needs to be something annoying to tell you that you're tired or otherwise you keep running. I'm OK with the blur but I understand that it's very annoying effect :D

Annoying is good as running with lots of gear up mountains is not a walk in the park.

What is your suggestion to replace blur? Blinking black screen like ACE did? There needs to be something annoying to tell you that you're tired or otherwise you keep running. I'm OK with the blur but I understand that it's very annoying effect :D

I would think a blinking black screen increasing in intensity of long periods of running would be more immersive than a crappy layer being stuck over my eyes. :P

VBS style screen distortion with increasing, pulsing vignette would be better than the black screen flashing. In real life, your vision also gets slightly blurry as your fatigue increases, especially in hot weather, however this effect is something that is far from as pronounced as it is in the game.

But it is a game. What needs to be increased massively is the effect of fatigue on your aiming, though, rather than heavier visual cues. And the fatigue effect does not need to be altered. Try running around with 100 lbs of gear on you in 35°C summer heat and then tell me you can run 5 kilometers without having a heart attack. You will walk most of that distance, and even then you´d be hard pressed to not be huffing and soaked in sweat.

Annoying is good as running with lots of gear up mountains is not a walk in the park.

but irl you dont have gaussian blur over your retina :D i think it should be done thru animations, like your character stops and breathes heavily looking at the ground, no filter, now it looks like soldiers took some LSD :D

Edited by gpha5e

I don't see what was wrong with A2's fatigue. If your character get's tired, he can't sprint and does everything slower. Do your eyes break in real life when you get tired?

Arma 3 movement maybe feels smoother, but it's way more limited than Arma 2 movement.

I have to point out, that this blur works in a way... couse it's annoying :P.

Just finished all showcases and trainings.

Overall nice, but one thing, intro of "Night" should be separated into cutscene for replayablity.

Though it was especially impressive, waiting 2.5 min (or 40 sec at x4) for every retry is too long.

Issue: Mk 20 and TAVOR silencers... I can't get them to attach to gun. Is there a new classname?

this addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_snds_m";

but irl you dont have gaussian blur over your retina :D i think it should be done thru animations, like your character stops and breathes heavily looking at the ground, no filter, now it looks like soldiers took some LSD :D

I think blur is better as its annoying and that is all.The walking up hills in A2 just always felt awkward and would always have me screaming at my screen.The inability to lay prone on steep inclines or when using AT is where I scream at screen in A3.:rolleyes: Allow laying prone with AT but not firing and limit the amount the character can lean up can fix these two annoying issues.

And IMO the annoying blur is not enough and I also agree that the sway should be tweaked when your running to be harsher and not go away so fast when you go prone.

Annoying blur and other fatigue effects <3

Sprint in hot mediterranean summer day in full gear and you'll feel that pain.

But what about sprinting in the cooler winter night, and/or with less gear, should it be possible to run fast further?

It would be a nice little feature to add. Not very important though.