i too get this not from the last update but for a while now. it's really bad. my FPS in general is really good but the whole game seems to throttle itself every few seconds in a constant interval. i tested several settings for my CPU including disabling "cool'n'quiet" and stuff and tested other games.

it is just arma 3 and it is only in multiplayer. i'm not sure about this but it also seems to be related to the number of players on the server. and no it's not low FPS or arma 2 type server lag. something is throttling everything in an even interval. that's why i first thought that it was the mission type and some kind of unoptimized script loop but not many people seem to suffer from it.

i asked some and i also never hear complains while for me it has become unplayable. not because it's stuttering so hard but constantly no matter how complex the scene is.

it feels a bit like the memory leak planetside 2 was suffering from. like stuff stacking up to a point where it freezes for a split second then goes back to normal only to do the same again after a short time.

i have the very same stuttery movement in MP, some ppl had it too, some didn't, but it happens, and it's very unplayable

No EXE update for 3 days now? Something is cooking :)

No .. that means no new STABLE exe. There will always be a DEV exe.

No .. that means no new STABLE exe. There will always be a DEV exe.

There was no DEV exe update for 3 days now (only content). Also:

17-05-2013

No new EXE :icon_twisted:

Note the smiley face :)

That smiley face is pettka's normal punctuation. We usually use . symbol for the same thing.

what happenned to these textures?

Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\ammoboxes\bags\data\backpack1_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\ammoboxes\bags\data\backpack1_nohq.paa.

have they been removed or should i reinstall my arma3? (keep getting nagscreens.)

Edited by JoSchaap

That smiley face is pettka's normal punctuation. We usually use . symbol for the same thing.

yes, and for some reason i chuckle every time i see it.

No EXE update yet if I test locally the game runs perfectly, as soon as I go MP there are massive issues around performance and stuttering whereas 2 patches ago it was again pretty damn good. Odd.

Ok, went back to stable branch and MP was fine again so must be something that was introduced in the last 2 updates (happened on the last but one and carried forward).

Edited by Thr0tt

What's with the bugfix about the Comanche in the changelog? It's not even available yet, is it?

I didn't notice higher FPS and I usually have two positions checking the FPS with every update.

Might be smoother though.

I would also like to mention that the NVG might be to bright for my taste. Otherwise good job BIS :)

I didn't notice higher FPS and I usually have two positions checking the FPS with every update.

I would also like to mention that the NVG might be to bright for my taste. Otherwise good job BIS :)

This is my finding as well. Performance doesn't really improve over stable builds, but due to all the lighting tweaks at night, night time performance is fluctuating. At one point it was really really poor, like 50% of what stable builds performance was. But now it's slightly above stable builds at night. But who knows what it will be a week from now.

Not higher at all game is stucked on there they're fixing other things i guess, hope day comes when we see 60fps rock solid at least after editing the map and move anywhere

.rpt filling up on this version which is the stutter I think for me... maybe my HDD isnt as good as others so I notice more ?

Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry '.disposableWeapon'.

Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.

Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.

Warning Message: No entry '.model'.

Warning Message: No entry '.simulation'.

Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightDuration'.

Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightIntensity'.

Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockDelay'.

Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockSystem'.

Warning Message: No entry '.cmImmunity'.

Warning Message: No entry '.weight'.

Warning Message: No entry '.lockingTargetSound'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry '.lockedTargetSound'.

Warning Message: No entry '.detectRange'.

Warning Message: No entry '.muzzles'.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Ok, I have solved the stuttering for now, it is the above RPT file being generated during online play ! I basically moved the profiles onto a ramdrive and immediately problems of stutters in game were gone !

Created a 100Mb ram drive and used the -profiles=g:\ option which then started creating a .rpt file on this drive but as its RAM then no read / write issues conflicting with my main HDD.

There needs to be a way to either stop this or to lower the rpt priority as it ruins the game especially when I dont have a SSD !

Hope this helps others - if you need a ram drive or assistance let me know.

Ok, I have solved the stuttering for now, it is the above RPT file being generated during online play ! I basically moved the profiles onto a ramdrive and immediately problems of stutters in game were gone !

Created a 100Mb ram drive and used the -profiles=g:\ option which then started creating a .rpt file on this drive but as its RAM then no read / write issues conflicting with my main HDD.

There needs to be a way to either stop this or to lower the rpt priority as it ruins the game especially when I dont have a SSD !

Hope this helps others - if you need a ram drive or assistance let me know.

dude, that SO works for me you cant imagine my joy, thanks a lot!!!!!!!

here's the app, it's free - http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk

choose the size, unformatted, then right-click on Computer -> Management -> Disk Management, say yes to inititalize, then right-click on the Disk -> New Simple Volume

that's for windows 8

Edited by gpha5e

:D Glad I could help. Maybe needs its own thread or BIS to take note that the RPT file potentially will cause online woes to players.

Ok, I have solved the stuttering for now.

Hey ThrOtt when you say stuttering do mean like a rubber banding effect ? Because that's what I'm getting now and that's playing in singleplayer, so I've had to turn my video settings right down to smooth it out a bit. Could this be the same issue as that ?

Sorry to say but that doesnt appear to be the same, the issue that I found was the .rpt file being written to every second thus causing conflicts with read and write the game is doing during MP only, in SP my game was smooth. But... feel free to check out and see if this is happening for you in the SP portion, just take a look at C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Alpha and see if there is a .rpt file incrementing in size every second while you play.

Ok, I'm also getting an effect now where it looks like the units main weapon is quivering like the unit is shacking in his boots, lol. I'll check my .rpt file.

Ok, I'm also getting an effect now where it looks like the units main weapon is quivering like the unit is shacking in his boots, lol. I'll check my .rpt file.

This is not a bug, its been mentioned on the issue tracker a number of times. It is a game feature, your soldier quivers like that to show when you are in an adjusted stance. You will notice that Stand, Crouch and Prone do not shake.

This is not a bug, its been mentioned on the issue tracker a number of times. It is a game feature, your soldier quivers like that to show when you are in an adjusted stance. You will notice that Stand, Crouch and Prone do not shake.

Oh, OK thanks for the heads up Larrow.

I don't seem to be getting that rubber banding effect anymore now to so I don't know why that was happening.

@Thr0tt :notworthy:

thx a lot for sharing your findings. you just made my MP work again. this indeed needs to be made known by BI. we should make a ticket. we have all the information needed and even a way to fix it to show what exactly causes it.

The issue present in issue #0007539 is still in the latest Dev build and the ticket has been closed so I can not update the tracker.

http://i.imgur.com/a6B1LX7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iP2bk30.jpg

This issue makes it very difficult to set up my controllers as Arma 3 resets all controller binds if you unplug a device so I have to redo them all each time.

The issue present in issue #0007539 is still in the latest Dev build and the ticket has been closed so I can not update the tracker.

They wrote on 2013-05-16 that this issue will be fixed in the next build and the EXE in the DEV branch hasn't been updated since 2013-05-14 (only content).

They wrote on 2013-05-16 that this issue will be fixed in the next build and the EXE in the DEV branch hasn't been updated since 2013-05-14 (only content).

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't aware that the exe needed to be updated for a string issue but now I do.