Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Hopefully they will fix that shooting animation. Casual looking around while shooting looks quite bad. I guess it's a by-product of abandoning separate head animations...

Maybe they just forgot to use this while making the video. :)

What is the spartan trail? i saw it on google earth but what is it?:386:

It is a memorial for the greek fighter pilot Nikos Sialmas who was shot down by turks. The letters say "MOLON LABE" - "Come and take them" :)

I uploaded a photo of it for you

edit: didn't see it was already answered some pages back :(

I think we can confirm the J-10 unless it's the L-159, check this out:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4496/unti234234234tled2.jpg

What do you think about the JAS-39 Gripen? ;) (you can click on the smiley)

I think we now have strong suspicions to believe that Arma 3 will have proper Bunker/Tunnel systems.

If not, then this is silly for BIS to use props like these, what do you think?

Check this out:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/96/54793716.jpg

here is one in more detail. I also suspect this. :) The engine is capable of it and why would you want to use these props so excessively when they don't serve a purpose?

Tough like Robster said, it will be likely that they won't be truly "underground" but extend into the mountains.

Edited by PurePassion

I think the plane there is neither a J-10, or a Gripen. Also not a Eurofighter or an F-35. The angled tail makes me suspect it´s a Mirage III instead, which is the only Fighter I can think of right now that´s moderately probable and has that sharply angled tailfin. The distended shape may be from underwing stores instead of an underbelly intake.

Another thing we shouldn´t discard is that this may be an upgraded armaverse Mirage-type fighter, maybe a Greek Kfir-ish plane?

Edit:

Mirage III Profiles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MirageIIIEfamily.jpg

Kfir photograph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DN-ST-85-08601.jpg

Edit 2:

Just remembered, the Chinese also have this, which seems to be a very close match for the sharply angled tailfin, the J-8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KampfflugzeugF-8China.jpg

It´s a fairly old airframe, designed in 1969, with the most recent updates performed around 2000. I think the actual counterparts to this would be the F-4 Phantom and the SU-15 Flagon. So, this is a pretty outdated design for the 2035 timeframe, if it really is this plane.

Edited by InstaGoat

Big beer belly (not my statement, but from BI themselves), microphones covered with fleece, sandals with or without socks -I'm sure that this has to be Ondrej Matejka. :D

It is, but I never saw that pic too. Is on FB or Twiter?

Big beer belly (not my statement, but from BI themselves), microphones covered with fleece, sandals with or without socks -I'm sure that this has to be Ondrej Matejka. :D

Excellent observations Undeceived! It is indeed Ondrej :)

I never saw that pic too. Is on FB or Twiter?
I also never saw it.

Are there more? :)

No, they are not from twitter or facebook and yes, there is more!

Let me share the link with you :)

Excellent observations Undeceived! It is indeed Ondrej :)

No, they are not from twitter or facebook and yes, there is more!

Let me share the link with you :)

Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing. Very VERY hyped now :D

Edit: I knew BIS were recording sounds but this looks way over my expentations, may we actually have real explosion sound now!? <3

Edited by DanielV

I think the plane there is neither a J-10, or a Gripen. Also not a Eurofighter or an F-35. The angled tail makes me suspect it´s a Mirage III instead, which is the only Fighter I can think of right now that´s moderately probable and has that sharply angled tailfin. The distended shape may be from underwing stores instead of an underbelly intake.

Another thing we shouldn´t discard is that this may be an upgraded armaverse Mirage-type fighter, maybe a Greek Kfir-ish plane?

Edit:

Mirage III Profiles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MirageIIIEfamily.jpg

Kfir photograph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DN-ST-85-08601.jpg

Edit 2:

Just remembered, the Chinese also have this, which seems to be a very close match for the sharply angled tailfin, the J-8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KampfflugzeugF-8China.jpg

It´s a fairly old airframe, designed in 1969, with the most recent updates performed around 2000. I think the actual counterparts to this would be the F-4 Phantom and the SU-15 Flagon. So, this is a pretty outdated design for the 2035 timeframe, if it really is this plane.

never mind, if a mod can deleate this post.

Edited by paecmaker

The things they do for sound. Kudos :)

LOL :D Those mics with fleece really are a trademark - but only with the sandals! ;)

Cool pictures - thanks.

That one in the snow looks like Ondrej is on a real battlefield together with the other buddy, getting pounded by enemy fire. :681:

Me thinks Dwarden needs a pay raise for his contribution to project Splendid and the forums. :D

I saw all his comments earlier quite cool, hes a dev and a PR agent

AFAIK, his main job is as a community liason - PR department. not a game developer per se.

What do you think about the JAS-39 Gripen? ;) (you can click on the smiley)

Yes I think you're right, it's either that JAS-39 or the Mirage 3 what Instagoat mentioned.

Can you put tunnels/bunkers on the confirmed list?

Yes I think you're right, it's either that JAS-39 or the Mirage 3 what Instagoat mentioned.

Can you put tunnels/bunkers on the confirmed list?

Not confirmed. Could be a static object.

AFAIK, his main job is as a community liason - PR department. not a game developer per se.

But why are most devheaven tickets assigned to Dwarden?

Like the improved lighting engine feature ticket is assigned to him and he responds to the reports. Am I not understanding the system right?

jerryhopper

You have been around long enough to know about the forum rules for image hotlinks.

+1 warning for large images

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Jeez is Dwarden the new PR lead for BIS?

Or he's a developer with a big mouth which needs to be silenced. :D

{silenced himself with silenced weapon doing silenced puff}

{silenced himself with silenced weapon doing silenced puff}

No!, speak freely... very freely.

afaik czech air force has gripens, I don't think they would go and record sounds for a static object :confused:

Everyone post this smiley :ok: who thinks that Dwarden does an awesome Community manager job (besides all the other things he does, sometimes I start to think that he is in fact some sort of bot that BIS developed :p )

Jay Crowe is cool too :rolleyes: BIS needs to give us another gameplay video with Jay Crowe playing it and talking about it.

Jay Crowe is cool too :rolleyes: BIS needs to give us another gameplay video with Jay Crowe playing it and talking about it.

Jay Crowe... Is that the Brit who personally knows Lord Ivan spent a lot of time governing research material to ensure full authenticity of soldiers in their underpants? :yay: