Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

dunno if that's the earth curvature or the spherical view distance effect from being in a high altitude which you can get in ArmA2 if you turn the VD up high enough for a similar effect.

Fog renders at a radius from the camera. Since you have more FOV at such long distances it's very noticeable.

That's A

B. That screen would imply the earth is very small if it was the case

A possible third island or something major coming guys!! Maybe a DLC announcement, Looks like E3 will blow our minds! ;)

- Oni says:

10:36pm April 19 2012

So they delayed the game and then add another freaking island for us to play with?

Any other developer would release this game as originally planned, around summer, and put this extra island as on-disc, first day DLC.

- Dwarden says:

10:48pm April 19 2012

and there is more to come :)

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/19/arma-3-gains-over-19-square-km-of-island-real-estate-trailer-screenshots/

Edited by James2464

Jeez is Dwarden the new PR lead for BIS?

Or he's a developer with a big mouth which needs to be silenced. :D

I don't think that was aimed towards islands in particular, though.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new engine...will mostly play Night Missions LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new engine...will mostly play Night Missions LOL

??? Its the same engine its just being further developed.

??? Its the same engine its just being further developed.

If you can call the RV engine with the physics/animation/lighting/dx11 updates 'the same'.:rolleyes:

(It's BISs' engine regardless, and I LOVE IT)

Yeah i know but, well, it´s new to me :):

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_3

3D mission editor

Support for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11

20km view distance

Ragdoll physics

Physics enabled vehicle handling and environmental objects (PhysX)

Underwater environments, vehicles and diving

Weapon and uniform customization

Volumetric clouds

Hands are properly animated (for example steering a wheel of a vehicle)

Render to Texture

Improved lighting engine

Support for Java

Improved flight model from Take On Helicopters

Support for 6 degrees of freedom

^ Yep

Updated that Wiki page not to long ago.

Maybe BIS should rename the engine to Project Awesomesauce

Ummm.. People might infer what made it into many pairs of pants today... not great for marketing methinks. lol

I just watch the video and it looks great. So the BLUFOR are using the Merlin, it is a good news, I love that chopper.

Ummm.. People might infer what made it into many pairs of pants today... not great for marketing methinks. lol

All i know is after watching that video I gave birth to some lovecraftian horror into my pants and now have to murder homeless people to feed it because even though it's pure evil, it's still muh baby!

Yup, the waiting game has now gotten that much harder. The landscape and lighting (especially with the night helo) is just riveting and I cant even imagine all of this with working ragdoll and physics. Still would like to at least hear bout changes in AI but I'm definitely glued at full attention for next video release.

Really nice presentation Bohemia... looking very believable!

Refreshing not to see a BF3 style guns all blazing presentation, but of course looking forward to one.

Yup, the waiting game has now gotten that much harder. The landscape and lighting (especially with the night helo) is just riveting and I cant even imagine all of this with working ragdoll and physics. Still would like to at least hear bout changes in AI but I'm definitely glued at full attention for next video release.

Yeah the lighting and island look absolutely amazing so far and the animations look pretty snappy as well. But I'm interested to see some ai in action now. So far they haven't been mentioned now and from what little we saw of them at e3... well lets hope they were dumbed down to make it easier to present. I am really interested to see what improvements if any they are going to have with a3.

Is there any specific date yet when our next fix of a3 will be?

Well, I wished 20 mins video with some gameplay, but I'm satisfied. Good job, thank you BIS :)

When firing in the night, I noticed that ground stay enlightened for a while after shot. Also, isn't the intensity of the light from shot too low?

I really like the work they put into the lighting and detail of things. Thank you BIS. :)

The video was recorded in a Mulitplayer server I believe, If you look at the vehicle that turns right down the hill it jumps slightly from one position to a position ahead of itself. Basic MP lag we saw in Arma 2.

Also the jets are jumping forward when they scream across the island!

First point of Lag:

Second point:

Play it half speed

Edited by James2464

Play it 0.5x half speed and you will see

I honestly didn't see what you were talking about either... and I played it at half speed.

Those tiny "jumps" could also be a result from video compressing. You see similar stuttering effects in the underwater-scene as well. So I'm not sure I would count that as proof of multiplayer or lag.

Those tiny "jumps" could also be a result from video compressing. You see similar stuttering effects in the underwater-scene as well. So I'm not sure I would count that as proof of multiplayer or lag.

Yes I think your right, perhaps they need to record at 60fps 1080p.

BIS give us 1080 at E3 please :D