Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

No shadow casting from the chemlight. oh-god-why_normal.png

That tower-thing in the Merlin pic raise a eyebrow here: Will AI be able to use it by themselves?

EDIT:

Highlights

Ivan: Veterans will hopefully find the controls more responsive, HDR more accurate, sound more powerful and AI more cunning.

(...)

There are also many seemingly minor fixes and alterations made with modders in mind

(...)

we don't mind sending player into a tense urban battle with enemy armor storming friendly positions, but we don't want him to suffer from the awkward controls preventing him from applying the correct tactics.

(...)

Part of that hope rests upon improvements to things like the UI, controls, animations and to a return to our roots: integrating 'tutorials' into the Arma 3 campaign.

Edited by Smurf

Yeah post the highlights here, please.

Cheers PP

No problem, you are welcome! :)

In total, it was mostly usual interview talk.

Tough here are some (new) interesting things concerning Arma 3:

• The Take On crew joined Brno and the devcircle which makes project splendid the biggest project in BIS history
  • The open ramp is most likely just that. An open ramp as seen in BAF^^
  • It is known for some time know but nonetheless worth mentioning: MoCap is supported by new high fidelity Raptor cameras
  • Chemlights do not cause shadows at the moment
  • Military enthusiasts definitely don't need to fear they would turn Arma into an arcade shooter

[*] The open ramp is most likely just that. An open ramp as seen in BAF^^

it is possible that you could walk while its flying with physx right?

Yes, in theory it should be possible. There are of course problems like MP syncing etc etc but I think this is a feature on the radar. Tough if you want, you can ask :)

Hey Pure... The point: "Chemlights do not cause shadows at the moment" don't seems to be in the interview... is it just your opinion about the pic? :D Sorry for any grammatical mistakes... I am plastered. XD

Hey Pure... The point: "Chemlights do not cause shadows at the moment" don't seems to be in the interview... is it just your opinion about the pic? :D Sorry for any grammatical mistakes... I am plastered. XD

Boys.... IT'S A SPY!

tumblr_laiftm9ZiU1qa1ti5.gif

what else they said at gamescon?

Edited by Smurf

The GamePage stream is not available here through their website. Does anyone know an alternative stream source for it?

The GamePage stream is not available here through their website. Does anyone know an alternative stream source for it?

As far as I know it's not streaming on the fly, they will upload it later. (Now watching :-P )

Allow me to be the fun police and say that the open ramp could very well be just a design choice, like the open ramp of the Chinook in Arrowhead.

Plus various helicopters in A2 had doors that could be opened/closed, but we still couldn't actually walk through them. Having said that, I really really really hope PhysX allowed them to form a solution to finally include this feature...

BIS introduces: CHICKS IN BIKINI ;)

also multiple working RTT screens and a periscope on the minisub...

the GamePage report looks awesome!

EDIT:

Aaaaaah, wooow, the view distance!! :eek:

BIS introduces: CHICKS IN BIKINI ;)

also multiple working RTT screens and a periscope on the minisub...

the GamePage report looks awesome!

EDIT:

Aaaaaah, wooow, the view distance!! :eek:

Ah, chicks in bikinis finally confirmed. Now the game is worth buying. :D

Btw. view distance = 20km? Or higher?

I think it was about 10km.

I couldn't tell... but to me it seemed like more than enough! I didn't understand how ITV could mistake Arma 2 footage for real-life but if someone mistakes Arma 3 videos for real footage, I WILL definetely understand :)

I've found something we probably haven't picked up since the latest release of screenshots,

59446983.jpg

Why is the Merlin flying with the back door open? can it not be closed or elevated, like the Chinook in OA?

Does this mean we can't virtually walk into the Merlin or even close/open it?

Full size: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1962/85478218.jpg

I couldn't tell... but to me it seemed like more than enough! I didn't understand how ITV could mistake Arma 2 footage for real-life but if someone mistakes Arma 3 videos for real footage, I WILL definetely understand :)

Any new footage to be seen? What happened? Please share details. :)

used to be the same here ^^ hehe Saturday, 1 AM in Germany, everyone looks the same :biggrin: :drinking2:

Indeed, the picture suggests it :blues:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Watching and drooling now

WOOOW that is incredibly awesome!! :oh:

The video link doesn't work for me, just takes me back to the previous page :cry2:

I will try to help you as fast as possible!

Edited by PurePassion

The video link doesn't work for me, just takes me back to the previous page :cry2:

Edit: Working now, huge thanks to resistance-rat for finding this one. :)

Edited by kimozabbi

Damn... look at the size of that airfield and island :bounce3:

Am I the only one who was hoping I would get a view of the MI-48 cockpit :D ?

Did anyone else notice the visible heat distortion from the Mi-48 turbines? Check out 15:36 for example. :)

Also, very high shadow draw distance is noticable at the same time.