Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

A large, hard and long object penetrating the lines to release swimmers into a moist place. Yup, that's our underwater element.

A large, hard and long object penetrating the lines to release swimmers into a moist place. Yup, that's our underwater element.

Right back at you :D

;) spread some bubbles ...:bounce3:

Now all we need are some ingame pics/scenes showing how badass A3 OPFOR are with and without hi-tech. For examples small underwater mines connected through a net to catch & destroy such threats. Or some fast attack patrol boats incl. special weapons/ammo to make it no too easy for Blufor.... ;)

Mines? No, surely not.. far too useful! This isn't a military game, is it?

Think fishier :p

Best,

RiE

Underwater mines can't be for little boats for divers...

There must be some larger vessels we don't know about :P

And Prince of Arma is the one responsible for so many hidden hints in each vid. I am still surprised how many does he manage to put there unnoticed by community members :icon_twisted:

yea, some people dont see them even when they are right in front of you. ( that includes me - sometimes )

But wait: that is a good question for the dirty dozen!:

'How many are unnoticed and would you reveal them to us now' ;)

yea, some people dont see them even when they are right in front of you. ( that includes me - sometimes )

Great question! haha

Nice try, but that are two questions. Are You feeling lucky enough to choose both of them? :icon_twisted:

Why go with both when the latter would answer the first without being asked? ;)

Why go with both when the latter would answer the first without being asked? ;)

+1

So what do you say BIS, what are our chances? winning Lotto?

The next question would be: what do the hints mean? :D

The next question would be: what do the hints mean? :D

...and then the ultimate question:

y u no give us all the things?

So is "worldRadius" confirmed?! The showcase trailer looks as though it has curvature...? Either that or their using a video editing trick or it's just the draw distance, I'd really like to see earth curvature though, especially with the new abilities for diving and improved water physics. Curvature would make any type of naval battles look a lot more realistic IMHO.

"The Navy stated that since dolphins cannot discern the difference between enemy and friendly vessels, or divers and swimmers, this would be a haphazard means of warfare; instead, the animals are trained to detect all mines and swimmers in an area of concern, and to report back to their handlers, who then decide upon an appropriate response".

I want combat dolphins to report enemy swimmers to me or me no buy game

C2UlxJB3tH0&feature=related

So is "worldRadius" confirmed?! The showcase trailer looks as though it has curvature...?

the curve you see is because its a 3d engine. everything is "curved" cause you have your horizontal view. The more degress you set the more curved (aka fisheye it gets).

if you used a narrow view, then you had 20 cm (eyes) and needed a 20 cm screen but could only see absolutely narrow - doesnt make sense does it? so a more wider field gets shrinked / stretched.

V instead of ||

the real curve of the earth can you see when nearly in space - not on the ground or 1000 ft above.. this would be true if earth was tiny little.

google for FOV.

the curve you see is because its a 3d engine. everything is "curved" cause you have your horizontal view. The more degress you set the more curved (aka fisheye it gets).

if you used a narrow view, then you had 20 cm (eyes) and needed a 20 cm screen but could only see absolutely narrow - doesnt make sense does it? so a more wider field gets shrinked / stretched.

V instead of ||

the real curve of the earth can you see when nearly in space - not on the ground or 1000 ft above.. this would be true if earth was tiny little.

google for FOV.

You've obviously never been to the ocean or some other large body of water, then.

That said, I think it's just the view distance circle.

V instead of ||

google for FOV.

Huh? Curved lines appear on 5P/curvilinear. Widening the FOV on typical 3P/perspective that games typically use, does not cause bent lines. Which is why things tend to look

. Notable exceptions exists though, like this
. Also, I'm perfectly able to see the earths curvature when standing on the beach, and I don't think I have any artificial view distance programmed in :D

Since later versions of VBS2 does

, it sounds like a natural progression given A3s naval connection. I guess it remains to be seen how valuable this is in actual gaming. There are other features I value more than this. If it's relatively cost free (performance wise), I don't object.

Well here is a good example of curvature from a little above sea level. I think someone else on these forums stated that from sea level the average height person can see the horizon at about 2.6 miles.

Depositos_curvatura_mar300p.jpg

If this was implemented in ArmA3 like it has been in VBS2 it would look very cool approaching Stratis by sea from >2.6 miles and seeing the whole island appear over the horizon.:D

An island the height of Stratis would be visible for many, many miles.

But only the top parts will be visible and not the sea level area where the naval craft will be launched from.

Just like the picture above, you can't see the base of the structures because its over the other side of the horizon.

I think many people are misunderstanding thinking we just want to see a lovely curved horizontal line :-s

An island the height of Stratis would be visible for many, many miles.

We will get a new info and gameplay I hope, in the next week, concretely on 5.5 in Czech Television series "GAME PAGE".

If you want to get it ASAP, check this website on 5.5. - 12:50 of CET (GMT +1) time.

We will get a new info and gameplay I hope, in the next week, concretely on 5.5 in Czech Television series "GAME PAGE".

What is going on in the video on the main page at 20:05?

What is going on in the video on the main page at 20:05?

That's Twisted Metal joke , nothing related to arma 3