Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yeah, Dwarden confirmed that the hidden thing was the muzzle flashes. Knowing BIS though, there could always be something else, but the muzzle flashes were what he was hinting at.

Regarding to the alpha: On Rock Paper Shotgun they did mention that Stratis will be the place where the Alphatest will take place:

Can't wait to set foot on this island!

pretty good idea actually :)

Night lighting does look improved, has that BF3 look to it which I don't mind but is it deffered rendering?

Stratis looks amazing, the muzzle flashes look good, and those animations look great.

One thing though hopefully underwater environments will be a lot darker in the actual game looks way too bright.

Not sure if mentioned yet but Stratis comes from Ai Stratis (Αη ΣτÏάτης) a more casual way of Agios Eystratios (Άγιος ΕυστÏάτιος). Agios Eystratios is 43 sq.km compared to 19 sq.m of Stratis island.

Some Google Earth pictures comparison.

QOgZms.jpgKDYpEs.jpgvgVyas.jpgpZUH0s.jpgshpCWs.jpgDG90Ss.jpg59321677.jpg

One thing though hopefully underwater environments will be a lot darker in the actual game looks way too bright.

Aegean see is has some pretty transparent water. Been there scuba diving on a holiday, awesome underwater view distance

Aegean see is has some pretty transparent water. Been there scuba diving on a holiday, awesome underwater view distance

Well in that case no worries. :)

BIS = ILLUMINATI!!!

Look:

The Date at the opening Cut is totaly illumantaed

Clock: 1723, Date: 08-07-35

-> 1723 the REAL Date where Adam Weishaupt, the founder of the Illuminates is born, theyr known number was later 23.

-> Now look at the Date and count together: 8 + 7 + 3 + 5 = 23!

wYnyz.png

So in the first cut they used the birthdate + theyr symbolic number, hidden as usual in a date!

Awesome Hidden Easterillumantiegg there BIS :)

Say "Project Splendid" then reserve it in an audio editing program you get "All hail Beer lifting"

:p

soooo... when we can expect new intel? Make your bets, gentelmen)

I'd bet E3.

@KrAziKilla: lol, hold on a second, let me go get my tin-foil hat. :p

Edited by Clarkey1

Hey, guys, look at this statement from Ivan:

The fact that Stratis is relatively small, compared to the gigantic Limnos area, should not fool you; the island has enough space to facilitate all kinds of gameplay, including massive multiplayer battles. Just know, once the Community Alpha is out, I’ll be watching from the best sniper spots!

Is it just me, or does this imply that there will be a multiplayer component to this Alpha Test? Am I just reading too much into this statement, or does this look like a multiplayer reference? And, if the latter, did I miss any info that there would be multiplayer in the Alpha Test? And not only that, but does that kind of talk indicate some serious competitive MP?

pretty sure there will be an alpha multiplayer.

How else they wanna nicely test the multiplayer abilities in a massfigt?

Edited by KrAziKilla

I wasn't expecting them to be testing the multiplayer features in the alpha, in a mass fight lol. Guess I'm the only one who wasn't expecting this. Well this is exciting.

I wasn't expecting them to be testing the multiplayer features in the alpha, in a mass fight lol. Guess I'm the only one who wasn't expecting this. Well this is exciting.

My impression is that the free alpha is mainly intended for the testing of multiplayer...but lets hope it allows for some other modes of play, like warfare coop.

Edited by Cadmium77

an emphaiss on multi? awesome.

and the trailer looks great. where can i preorder? this is the :yay:game i will certainly be buying.

Looks Fantastic.... what are the specs of the machine that was recorded on ?

Limnos will probably be more demanding though.

Jeez I think you're good to go for Arma 3.

Me on the other hand god I need to upgrade my mobo and get a better CPU im bottlenecked like mad in BF3 cannot imagine how Arma 3 will be like. :gasp:

Should've recorded at 1080p tbh. How that island looks deserves no less.

Really liked the look of the what seemed to be netting with foliage in it on the helmet

Jeez I think you're good to go for Arma 3.

Me on the other hand god I need to upgrade my mobo and get a better CPU im bottlenecked like mad in BF3 cannot imagine how Arma 3 will be like. :gasp:

You're bottlenecked in BF3? How does your ArmA2 run? I run BF3 better than ArmA2 lol.

@metalcraze, yeah. They definitely shoulda done the video in 1080p.

I have a 560ti 2gb which in BF3 at ultra and 1680x1050 only uses about 1400-1600MB vram

got an old phenom 9750 quadcore amd processor @2.4ghz on 64 player severs my frame rate will usually be around 25 to very low 30's.

I get huge slow down on intensive games like Starcraft 2 and Arma 2 but when I play Arma 2 its not anything massive, usually I only have 30 AI tops at any time.

Starcraft 2 runs at like 15-20 frames on 4 player battles and when the action heats up usually 10 or less....

I also noticed earth curvature in the beginning of the vid.

Stratis.jpg