Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Here are some interesting things :):

If you watch closely, you can see the

on the Fennek's exhaust :bounce3:

The jets are doing a propper

In one of the new Screenshots I posted here, there is a diver holding a rifle :)

edit: isn't that here a reflection!? :omg: or it is indeed just a shadow ^^

web_stratis_artwork_1.jpg

Edited by PurePassion

How do you mean? Looks like their just flying in a straight line to me :p

hehe it is really hard to see but after this they are pulling straight up in the sky. You can spot them for a split second above the cloud (going in a looping?) :)

Some one can translate what is writen under the spartan simbol on ground ?

(+its me, or the transition animation on stance change while shooting is all new? )

In one of the new Screenshots I posted here, there is a diver holding a rifle :)

edit: isn't that here a reflection!? :omg:

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/web_stratis_artwork_1.jpg

You, sir, have a good eye.

hehe it is really hard to see but after this they are pulling straight up in the sky. You can spot them for a split second above the cloud (going in a looping?) :)

OMG AI or BIS Dev?

edit: isn't that here a reflection!? :omg:

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/web_stratis_artwork_1.jpg

It could be a shadow as well.

Some one can translate what is writen under the spartan simbol on ground ?

(+its me, or the transition animation on stance change while shooting is all new? )

Molon labe - "come and get them/it"

Originally Posted by maionaze So they hid a hint about the new island in the new island presentation :P ?

Hey he said its "obviously obvious" and the island is pretty obvious to me.

But Blu3sman is probably right.

"Spartan Trail" aim to the east, also jets fly that way, so ...... expansion, new map from Turkey or even Iran? :confused: Wishfull thinking.

Hmm I've noticed something interesting in the vid

at 1:18-1:19 I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but doesn't it look like there's some exhaust trail from the front jet at that instant?

here's a pic to show what I mean

vcz4f5.jpg

just keep playing the vid a few times from 1:17 to 1:20 and you'll see a quick exhaust trail?:confused:

also I'm not certain but I feel like it happens exactly right after that little "drum bump" noise at the 1:18-1:19 mark

It's as if the music is supposed to be clues lol

even at 1:25 as PurePassion said about the Heat haze effect from the Fennek's exhaust

at 1:24 that sound comes again and at that instant you see a part on the lower side of the vehicle move, then at 1:25 you hear a sorta quick "we" noise and you see a part on top of the vehicle turn at the same time? Coincidence?:butbut:

My reactions to this info were mostly unintelligible grunts and a silly smile... with a quick change of pants. Amazing in most every facet of the game!!

One constructive nit-pick (or noticing of a feature) at 36sec, the silhouette firing on the right is looking around as he is shooting. Careless AI or player with TrackIR?

Well done BIS! I'm sold. (still want to see some alpha gameplay vids though!) ;)

very nice intel update....looking forward to hang out at the Spartans Trail plateau:p

"Spartan Trail" aim to the east, also jets fly that way, so ...... expansion, new map from Turkey or even Iran? :confused: Wishfull thinking.

This would be very cool. What if the final game will have Stratis and Limnos on the same map?!:eek: I know it's pretty unrealistic being that they're 30km apart, but it would be awesome.:p

Nah. It will be like Utes and Rahmadi. Not that I mind. 19 sq. km - already bigger than all "training maps" from BI games put together.

Great news nonetheless. Won't have to wait for 2 minutes until Limnos loads when I want just to test some mod.

I wonder if the 'trail' is from air, and goes the direction of the arrows? Be nice to see where it leads. Island hopping? Sunken treasure? Can't wait to find out.

Does anyone know if the actual size is 19 or 25km²? It says 19 on youtube and 25 on the Arma3 site. Either way it's still a massive test/training Island.

Hmm I've noticed something interesting in the vid

at 1:18-1:19 I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but doesn't it look like there's some exhaust trail from the front jet at that instant?

I think I can see multiple ones. Maybe they are firing rockets and then pulling up for cover?

i guess 19 km² is landmass, 25 total.

Ah, that makes sense.

only thing that stood out for me as needing work is the lighting for the ocean floor. It looked choppy in the video, but everything else looked great, especially those muzzle flashes lol.

Yeah, we're finally getting awesome muzzle flashes. :)

Regarding to the alpha: On Rock Paper Shotgun they did mention that Stratis will be the place where the Alphatest will take place:

It’s also to be the site for the forthcoming community alpha, a neat way of restricting players to a confined space, rather than having them sprawl over the whole 300 km2 immediately.

Can't wait to set foot on this island!

If the game looks that good, the animations are that fluid and most importantly the engine is better optimised, I cannot wait to roam around on this island in the alpha.