Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

note speed limit imposed on the poor turtle (2km/h) due to many traffic accidents involving turtles (and Striders) that occured during pre-E3 tests.

note speed limit imposed on the poor turtle (2km/h) due to many traffic accidents involving turtles (and Striders) that occured during pre-E3 tests.
Define "traffic accidents"? :nervous:

Search for Turtle Vs Pigeon on Youtube. Turtles have amazing acceleration over short distances, most people are unaware of this.

Obviously the 'traffic accidents due to crossing rabbits' have been fixed in A3, now they are 'traffic accidents due to slowly crossing turtles'. :p

Had many an AI piloted C130 crash when a rabbit has run across the airstip during landing, does this mean boats are vulnerable too now?

Besides the fact that the memory points are, yet again, a mix of czech and english (some lads over BI seems never to learn all english words), this seems to be a on the fly config changer, which might actually mean that config changes can also happen on the fly, and not a mission start and/ro game start.

quite convenient.

this seems to be a on the fly config changer

What gave you that idea? All I see is a kind of "explorer" interface, no input or editing fields whatsoever. Also, it's called "Splendid Config Viewer". ;)

What gave you that idea? All I see is a kind of "explorer" interface, no input or editing fields whatsoever. Also, it's called "Splendid Config Viewer". ;)

fair point. should have my eyesight checked.

fair point. should have my eyesight checked.

It does have "Create turtle" and a Limnos village in the background - real time or a WP? :cc: Oh, oh, and the interface is transparent for ease of use in RT. /tinfoil

and a Limnos village in the background

What gave you that idea? :confused:

This obviously means you have revealed a new island with Mediterranean villages.

Limnos, or the village? Could be Stratis, but those are red-tilled rooftops = Med village/town. :)

What Celery so eloquently hints at is the simple yet astounding fact he's in the middle of doing ALL the villages. On ALL the greek islands. In ALL the Mediterraneans. Make us proud, Celery!

Don't forget we had this, long ago in 1.54 betas: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?108454-New-mergeConfigFile-scripting-command

Unfortunately it didn't get the love it deserved, and was removed in 1.55 for security reasons. If they secretly put this in Arma 3.... then it would be the most exiting feature in the game for me.

Here's a picture of the BIS booth by Karel :)

A0Rgg_CCQAEyKOI.jpg:large

Tough I suppose that's not all since it was said that actually 12 PC's/consoles are stationed at the Bohemia Battle Bunker

This setup obviously sports enemy WiFi signal jammer protection, unlike the E3 one, AND the Germans will be picky on technical details. Me like. (âŒâ– _â– )

Looking forward to hearing / seeing some juicy new info from the event. It is much more accessible than E3 so hopefully we get some more detail on the newer build :)

http://images.idgentertainment.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2337640/bigimage.jpg

Oh gawd man - look at that terrain heightmap resolution. It looks like we will finally have ditches (or at least bumps) and not just ridiculously flat terrain.

If they will keep the same level of detail for terrain on Limnos - desert-ish combat may become interesting for one. Hiding in between them bumps instead of lying on a constantly flat sand.

These are some great screenshots! :)

damage models

As I see it, it rather is one of those rusty wreck models. :)