Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Karel Moricky confirmed there will be BAF/Resistance-like campaign with a focus on scavenging

Yay

¯\(º_o)/¯

8_T5z-gUta0

Wish I could watch it again like the first time, sniff, sniff. Enjoy

Thanks. Actualy much more visible at 10 minutes mark, when the LB fire some rockets and immediately downwash the smoke. Really nice.

¯\(º_o)/¯

[you

Wish I could watch it again like the first time, sniff, sniff. Enjoy

At 08:10 those MLRS rockets booster should be off once they are going down. Can it be fixed ?

Edited by Placebo

The 2 most important moments of the FIRST video start at 10:00 IMHO where he says

1-if you pre-order you will have acces to the alpha...(so the alpha will be only for the ones who pre-oder?)

2-By the end of the yer when we release the alpha ( So the alpha still 4 months away )

NOOOO i CANT WAIT ANY LONGER LET ME PRE-ORDER NOW anda have acess to the PRE-ALPHA :)

Has anyone got any info on the specs of the PC's they are running at the show? If anyone still has a chance to ask some questions that may be useful to a lot of us :)

Remove image/video tags when quoting please.

At one point in one of the walkthrougs, Ivan said the alpha would be released "in winter or perhaps autumn, we don't know yet".

I guess what they mean when they say "by the end of the year" is not that the alpha is definitely coming out in december, but simply that they aren't yet ready to commit to a more specific time frame.

Actually, the road network this driving course takes place on is quite complex with many turns and obstacles and you have these checkpoints to navigate you through it (you have to hit them in the correct order). Simple waypoints were sometimes not clearly visible in the speed when they change every 100 meters or so, so additional 3D helpers were added.

On top of this, do remember that the system was design specifically for Gamescom public hands-on.

And it, erm.. might still need some fine-tuning, apparently:

:D

It's by no means decided to be an actual 'in game' solution, where more elegant solutions are possible, and such helpers certainly optional.

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

This sounded promising to me:

No yet decided, but we are planning a more Resistance style campaign where you would loot equipment and carry it from mission to mission.

Fucking YES! :D

I love to see the AI turning that fast in this video! :)

Oh boy, somebody is going to get their ass whooped in Domination. That means everyone!

The 2 most important moments of the FIRST video start at 10:00 IMHO where he says

1-if you pre-order you will have acces to the alpha...(so the alpha will be only for the ones who pre-oder?)

If as was said in one of videos BIS will decide on including the bit of the campaign - I will surely preorder. That and if community alpha will have a lot of content to play with in the editor (vehicles, weapons, units) until the full game comes out.

Here's part 2, if you haven't seen it yet,

yViDJGTCZ5E

The animations are a marvel to look at: so fluid, so precise and intuitive. I'm already creaming my pants for some CQB PVP action.

Is there a tea-bag stance? :icon_mrgreen:

jesus christ stratis is huge. just watch that helicopter fly around it in the ivan video.

Lemnos is going to be bloody huge.

Final walkthrough (7/7) from gamestar.de:

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=67185

Well, that was quite impressive in overall.

If they are improving upon that (just E3 build and as stated before, they are still building the base game to "mount" the AI in it later... kind of), the future doesn't seems dark at all for the AI. Except for one AI running straight through a wall and the final bit were one sneak behind Jay and doesn't kill him (guess they were pity after so many kills huh? :P ) and when one soldier just falls in a slope and get shot (in the bright sight, It could mean that the AI has more "freedom" now). Oh... while leaning the scope doesn't tilts like the weapon, any chance on getting that reviewed?

This quick movement + the tactical pace stance will grant some nice tacticool footage for sure.

Oh... while leaning the scope doesn't tilts like the weapon, any chance on getting that reviewed?
Maybe it's a futuristic gyroscopic scope :3

Well, that was quite impressive in overall.

Except for one AI running straight through a wall...

I watched it closely too and the AI didn't run trough wall, as there was a hole in there, although it looked like it from that angle.

Also, not in anyway game braking but it looks bit funny when you shoot that little bush with flowers and it goes down like it's been driven over.

In that Gamestar.de Jay avoided the question about whether AI is capable of using houses which basically means 'no'

I watched it closely too and the AI didn't run trough wall, as there was a hole in there, although it looked like it from that angle.

AI did run through wall - instead of that hole nearby.

Also what is clear is that AI still does not react to passing bullets - whereas the community already created bullet detection framework for that. BIS should use it.

Edited by metalcraze

Also what is clear is that AI still does not react to passing bullets - whereas the community already created bullet detection framework for that. BIS should use it.

While I suspect you're right, there is no way in hell the video makes that "clear." The AI could be recording every sonic snap for all we know, and simply choosing to shoot back instead of drop. The player makes the same decision several times.

The player's first death would have shocked me if it happened in ArmA 2.

Edit: The AI did run through the wall, but only the knee-high section that the player can also run through unimpeded. Possibly an unfinished model.

Edited by maturin

Like many other things AI is still in development.... this small battle was imo too calm and "clean" - at least one would expect the hear some contact reports and reports about wounded teammates. Perhaps in A3 AI reports/chatter can be simply selected via option menu eg "all"/"important/"none"?

Like many other things AI is still in development.... this small battle was imo too calm and "clean" - at least one would expect the hear some contact reports and reports about wounded teammates. Perhaps in A3 AI reports/chatter can be simply selected via option menu eg "all"/"important/"none"?

If I heard it right (I watched it only once), Jay said that the radio chatter is disabled atm because they're working on it.

EDIT:

YEAH, for the first time I ninja'd someone!! :D

Edited by Undeceived