Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Oh gawd man - look at that terrain heightmap resolution. It looks like we will finally have ditches (or at least bumps) and not just ridiculously flat terrain.

It is indeed very detailed! I'll try to find out the exact resolution and cell size for you. :)

As I see it, it rather is one of those rusty wreck models. :)

I think so too! "Models" was meant in the context of just actual "models" and not a damage system ;)

Wooow

http://www.abload.de/img/happy_kid61180102_std0eycq.jpg

Gentlemen, this will be great!

New confirmed stuff in action:

HUD system

MLRS Turret system

disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

I thought the first two were real life photographs: brilliant composition, high-res textures, superb models, outstanding colour range selection!

OH, GOD, I'm overflowing with manjuices. :icon_mrgreen:

I think so too! "Models" was meant in the context of just actual "models" and not a damage system ;)

And if they model cosmetics like getting your SLAT armor torn up without actually simulating realistic HEAT penetration, I'll drive a tank over their receptionist.

Awesome screenshots, though. The character models are incredible, especially the hair.

And if they model cosmetics like getting your SLAT armor torn up without actually simulating realistic HEAT penetration, I'll drive a tank over their receptionist.

As has been mentioned before, I think it is a wreck model, since the hatch is already open - crew presumably died from an explosion in the crew compartment.

Please. please, please be a new damage model for live tanks. One can hope. :cc:

OH, GOD, I'm overflowing with manjuices. :icon_mrgreen:

Not really much different to the existing wreck model style we already have...

Does look nice tho.

Hmmm....

• HUD system with a nice clip-feature, unlimited battery support and unbreakable?
  • MLRS launch - without lots of smoke and dirt?
  • Rangemaster/Instructor units - so yeaah... well ok.
  • PDWs - hope the awesome OFP (AI) pistol configbug won't find a way into A3 !!
  • How fast is the modelswitch for A3 vehicles if they get damaged or destroyed? What happen if vehicles drive into water?

...yes teasers/trailers/previews have to look nice! Btw weren't there some rumours about "Baywatch Limnos" vs "Baywatch Stratis" women's beach volleyball finals??? :cool:

Btw weren't there some rumours about "Baywatch Limnos" vs "Baywatch Stratis" women's beach volleyball finals??? :cool:

Yup. There are. Tough it's just slightly different

Yup. There are. Tough it's just slightly different

:rofl: How I've never seen that?

And those pics.. damn...

They need to work on their ambient occlusion method (ugly halo effect) and remove that unnecessary (resource heavy) hazy blur effect. Something I immediately noticed in those new screenshots.

They need to work on their ambient occlusion method (ugly halo effect)

There is no other method. You can tweak the effect to be more or less subtle as a whole but not make it more selective.

SSAO is not actual AO, it just adds a halo around objects. It is supposed to pretend to be actual Ambient Occlusion while being cheap edge-detect-alike effect.

If you look at Cryengine tech presentations you will see it's the same thing

It seems so, the logo loses the white writing in this pic for some reason but the shape is still recognizable http://images.idgentertainment.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2337649/bigimage.jpg

They need to work on their ambient occlusion method (ugly halo effect) and remove that unnecessary (resource heavy) hazy blur effect. Something I immediately noticed in those new screenshots.

Yes BIS btw - get rid of DoF. Seriously it's annoying since the thing that truly focuses on parts of the gameworld is human eye, not the game's camera.

DoF looks awful and eats too much resources while doing so.

I find ambient occlusion to be fine. Just don't make the shadow it produces way too dark to look like that halo, just make it enough to be slightly noticeable.

And again - get rid of that DoF. It just makes otherwise crisp ArmA3 detail blurry like it's some console trick to cover the lack of the detail (except instead it covers its abundance)

There is no other method. You can tweak the effect to be more or less subtle as a whole but not make it more selective.

SSAO is not actual AO, it just adds a halo around objects. It is supposed to pretend to be actual Ambient Occlusion while being cheap edge-detect-alike effect.

If you look at Cryengine tech presentations you will see it's the same thing

Read up on HBAO.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/siggraph-2008-HBAO.html

Edited by grandstack

Quick, to the Arma-memes-threadmobile!

hehe I'll let you the precedence. Try to think of something to spice it up if you want ;)

is it me of does this guy have the larkin aviation symbol on his sleeve? :p

Definitely not just you Cozza! That is the Larkin Aviation Logo. Good eyes! :) And did you know that Jeff Larkin is actually a helicopter pilot in TF Bayonet in A3?

get rid of that DoF. It just makes otherwise crisp ArmA3 detail blurry like it's some console trick to cover the lack of the detail (except instead it covers its abundance)

I'll have to partly agree. While DoF isn't a bad thing per se, this particular implementation does not look good at the moment. It looks very hazy and pixeled instead of smoothly blurred. :(

Well... I miss out on things for a couple of days and this is what I get... an actual photo of HUD eye-wear ( scratch one of my wishlist list) and the fact that eye-wear is now a separate gear item.

Oh and the instructor in the blue shirt is CIA.

Cheereo BIS

This doesn't show ANYTHING to indicate a "HUD system" :confused: At least, while he seems to have something attached to the right lens of his tactical eyewear, no idea what it's supposed to actually look like.

Wow dat hair almost too good to be true.

Quality screenshots, really wish BIS had time and to get the deffered rendering into launch though. :(

Wow dat hair almost too good to be true.

When I first saw that I was like "Why is some dude standing in front of my screenshot!?"

That hair is part of the "Hat DLC". What is a game without hats nowadays?

Yeah, that was the most impressive of the bunch released today.

That hair is part of the "Hat DLC". What is a game without hats nowadays?

Yeah, that was the most impressive of the bunch released today.

I can't wait for what the females look like ingame ; )

FAP FAP FAP

I can't wait for what the females look like ingame ; )

FAP FAP FAP

hell yeah! They already looked phapable in arma 2, i think we will get orgasm just by looking at them in arma 3. That game should have pegi 21 or more :O :D

Hmmm, you guys do realise your talking about 'babes' in a miltary shooting game when all the while you have access to the internet........

...but that guys hair does look fabulous! :pet12:

New pics look awesome as usual but I won't believe that the game looks that good until I see it in action. There are tons of good looking arma 2 screenshots, yet when playing I still get "paper" trees and "cardboard" terrain even with very high settings and a capable graphics card. And 1.62 hasn't helped any.

I am hoping that arma 3 will do away with these issues though.