Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

Well I listened to the PC gamer podcats and they said something along the lines of : You may think that the guys at BIS are good at mil games only , but no , they are smart guys so stay tuned for exclusive news of their next project .. or something like that :eek:

No ep 2 BIS :butbut: ?

regardless of what their surprise is, whoever is responsible for thinking up this little community treasure hunt earns a tall boy cheers from me. :drinking2:

there are some resourceful members of this forum! :icon1:

http://www.silentnoise.cz/

"Customers really want a specific sound for a very interesting project. And just because we enjoy it - we just record it. As usual, it cost us, although frostbite, but what we did for the customer. Now we are just working on editing the recorded data and the customer gets the final sound exactly as you he/she imagined. And what was recorded? MD520 helicopter. A few photos from the shooting will be added to our website as soon as possible so you can convince yourself of our hard work."

http://www.silentnoise.cz/images/stories/splashes/news/md520.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1886432&postcount=26

hmmmmmmmmmm

i just hope that in some weird contorted logic, that all these puzzle pieces pointed twords the arma 2 content getting a nice fat upgrade to OA standards :D

I hope for nothing more and nothing less than a completely enterable and destroyable Seattle.

And then the community will go totally nuts and various American cities will go pop, pop, pop, popping up all over the place. And if BIS throws in a Chinese army I will not complain. :D

I hope for nothing more and nothing less than a completely enterable and destroyable Seattle

Yes please, me wanna take out Starbucks once and for all.

Im pretty excited about this!

Sounds like a plan to me! :)

Edited by bobtom

Yes please, me wanna take out Starbucks once and for all.

Destroy Starbucks?

You will most likely have to give rides to StarBucks in your new copter to increase town income/defense.:cool:

That PC Gamer Podcast, listened to it again... it's pretty ominous. The reference to them making only a "certain type of game" and the fact that they're smart makes me think this will be a game outside the boundaries of what we've come to know and love them for. ARMA's got years of life in it though.. so... I'll live either way.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

Brain cant take it any more.... switch fliped about 12 pages ago.

Now will sit stare at screen and hope dont drown in dribble before news come out......

its not the right date, but if its an presentation day today maybe its the 10 year anniversary of the ofp/arma/arma2 - oa games.

ofp was released 22. Juni 2001

so maybe it has to do something with it ?!

Edited by themaster303

Tonight and tomorrow will be looooooooooooooooooong.

Complementary units for ACR\GER (because of the sound recording photos, or all that was for OA?) ? Or even better, complementary units and features for everyone?

=D

I really hope this shapes up to be something good tomorrow...I'm staying home tomorrow just so I can sleep in and by the time I wake up there'll be some news

I think BI will more likely give us a april fool joke at 1st april first, then release some real deal info at 2nd:p

I also suspected an April Fools joke, however I think the news is going to be released about 6 hrs ahead of April 1.

I also suspected an April Fools joke, however I think the news is going to be released about 6 hrs ahead of April 1.

Depending on where in the world you are located, that is. If BIS do the press release at 6PM local time (GMT+1) then it will already be April 1st in Australia. ;)

I just hope whatever it is will be worth all the hype they have generated.

But they will release some info TODAY the 31st of March. ;)

In 5hrs and 10 minutes it will be April 1st here in Sydney, Australia

They posted this:

Since last Thursday we've posted some small teasers for our fans to play with. We were impressed to see the community work together to quickly tackle the little puzzles we presented.

Tomorrow, around this time, we will finally reveal what it was all about.

18 hours ago according to facebook :) so they will post it around 14:00 CET I guess and yes that will make it around 02:00 in Australia on 1st of April, unless this is done by BIA it's not supposed to be a April fools thing ;) :D

Edited by ParaGraphic L

:eek: they actualy recorded jet sounds too?

omg the hours are passing so slowly today...

Maybe its a sim of you playing a rescue chopper pilot extracting civilians in Seattle?

:eek: they actualy recorded jet sounds too?

omg the hours are passing so slowly today...

Yes they recorded alot stuff for BIS ,but sounds are not in game yet

Approximetly one hour. Of course this is just estimation... Lets hope we'll get positivelly suprised.