Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

This reminds me of the GTA V logo image thread that got thousands upon thousands searching for locations of the image behind the logo (within the letters), and it ended up being a joke :) Went on for some time, people painstakingly hunting the world of google maps ... pretty funny.

Not saying this is the same, just reminds me of it.

you know tomorow it's the first april ... it can be a big joke !

Fail. Tomorrow is 31st of march ;)

SHARPER

I was wrong about this one by the way, it's not in (no idea why I thought so). It's also worth noting that the words (including the larkinaviation) are gone from the fixed file, unless of course they are lost in the upload.

I am really not good in these kind of "games" but I wonder why nobody actually discusses the title of the pics. I mean, the second pic seems to be a hint of what should be "seen" (as in concentrated at) in the first.

The third pic seems to imply the "focus" everyone had has to be changed?

No idea what it means of course, I just felt like posting some input too :)

you know tomorow it's the first april ... it can be a big joke !

You don't go stir up such an activity that makes everybody believe there is something coming when you are planning to disappoint everyone. No April's Fool joke can be that good.

And tomorrow is 31st, I expect they will reveal something by that day judging from the 313 password :)

This thread is a good read during lunch :lecture:

I wonder if it has anything to do with games...? Could be something to do with a movie? TV Series? Maybe BIS provided the sound and recording equipment...? Who knows?

But it's pretty funny how everyone is like 'It better be to do with ArmA etc'. I hope BIS don't read this and originally thought 'sweet this will get them going', and now they're like 'oh shit, it isn't to do with arma... they all want arma stuff... oh crap..' haha

Looking forward to whatever it is!

April Fool jokes are meant to be carried out BEFORE noon on the 1st April and ONLY on that day.

Outside these times the person doing the 'joke' is a fool.

I've looked, cannot find. What is "ep2" people are talking about?

I wonder if it has anything to do with games...?

It appears on the BIS developer blog, and is announced on Facebook on the Arma 2 page. That is IMHO strong indication that it is directly linked to Arma 2, not another game (like Carrier Command, which I'm also waiting for) or non-game projects.

I've looked, cannot find. What is "ep2" people are talking about?

Expansion Pack 2. Arrowhead was EP1, almost all class names have "_EP1" as a prefix.

Expansion Pack 2. Arrowhead was EP1, almost all class names have "_EP1" as a prefix.

Ah.. thanks. Not to veer off topic, but was British Armed Forces and PMC expansion packs?

Ah.. thanks. Not to veer off topic, but was British Armed Forces and PMC expansion packs?

Arrowhead was an expansion (EP1), BAF and PMC are downloadable content

I can't remember exactly who, but someone mentions it was really unlikely to see a DLC or an Expansion with only 1 chopper.

While this is true, we can also imagine "sharper focus" means they will focus on one aspect of the game, the flight model in this case.

Also, the yt account Vranacorp points to ArmA content, as they are the head of ION inc.

Sharper Focus on mission editing maybe? 3D Editor...:eek:gettin excited

as long as it is any new stuff for Arma im happy:)

You see BI, the expectation is very high...

You'd better not disappoint these people. :grinning:

Developer blog has been updated... What is that number at the bottom? Looks like an MD5 hash.

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/215-taking-on-the-future

Since last Thursday we've posted some small teasers for our fans to play with. We were impressed to see the community work together to quickly tackle the little puzzles we presented.

Tomorrow, around this time, we will finally reveal what it was all about.

Keep track of the following channels to make sure you learn what we're taking on:

Congratulation to all the participants! :smile:

Edited by Lonestar

Developer blog has been updated... What is that number at the bottom? Looks like an MD5 hash.

An md5 would be one character longer