Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

Larkin Aviation? Hmmm.....

In my mission Take the Helo the Protagonist was named Clive Larkin and the objective was to steal a Helicopter. Wonder if this should tell me anything. :D

Good to see BI working on something new and different. Anything good for BI can only be good for us ArmAddicts. ;)

Although I too was hoping for something Arma-related, and I'm not that much into flying helos, I'll keep an eye on this.

And following this thread the last few days was really entertaining, so I'm only a little bit disappointed. :p

Btw. Why does everyone want a Arma 3? What advantages would that have over EP2?^^

In my mission Take the Helo the Protagonist was named Clive Larkin and the objective was to steal a Helicopter. Wonder if this should tell me anything.

Veeeery interesting :rolleyes:

Btw. Why does everyone want a Arma 3? What advantages would that have over EP2

For me its the possibilty of middleware.

Btw. Why does everyone want a Arma 3? What advantages would that have over EP2?^^

What it would hopefully bring to the table is proper physics, better synchronization between clients and servers, all weapons having the same standards (I miss using the M16 ACOG, but with the Mk16 ACOG it's pointless), improved animations, and a handful of other things. But that's just what I'd like to see, I'm sure there's more out there.

ArmA 3? BAH, i dont want to see that for another 6 years (or more!).

I am a little disappointed about the news, but just because they have 3 more studios and alot of new talent doesn't actually mean the core ArmA2 team has been messed with.

There is no way that BIS would abandon its most popular product.

expanding horizons is a good thing!

Wait IceBreakr didn´t really get banned :eek:

Why does he have the banned Avatar?

Seattle is awesome, big city and love to see the aircraft physics make it into arma 2.

Wait IceBreakr didn´t really get banned :eek:

Why does he have the banned Avatar?

Simple, he releases too many quality islands -thats clearly against BI rules!

Simple, he releases too many quality islands -thats clearly against BI rules!

And I downloaded all of them. That makes me guilty aswell :(

I wonder if they'll have guns tho?

I've been dying to blow up the space needle :(

BI have gone mental and banned everyone... NOOOOOO. Must be part of the masterplan!

The screens look great bis

Does this mean improved flight in helicopters in ARMA2 now ;)

Hey it's april fools and everyones getting banned lol

We see a great potential for future instalments of the Arma series by moving much closer to reign of flight simulators

This is what got me pumped. I will buy Take on Helicopters, both because of my love aviation simulators and to support BIS.

What is even better is that either "ep2" or Arma 3 will include these new features, which hopefully includes a better flight model and render-texture.

I think this is a great decision by BIS.

bobtom

Congrats on the chopper sim announcement!

Damn, we're all banned... (oops).

I hope this is only an April Fools joke all this banning stuff :D

No, it's not a joke xD (bigger ooooooooooooooooooooooops)

BIS should stop all VBS and Arma2 development and devote its resources to the development of a helicopter simulator! NOW! This is such an amazing idea, I mean that 10-second promo of the OH-6 taking off just blew me away! I can't wait ... exact release day, please!

Edited by MissionCreep

BIS should stop all VBS and Arma2 development and devote its resources to the development of a helicopter simulator! This is such an amazing idea, I mean that 10-second promo of the OH-6 taking off just blew me away! I can't wait ... exact release day, please!

11 second video is even better, an extra second of the BI logo is what really makes it good, enhances the user experience and sets it apart from all other promo videos. I overheard that there's gonna be another scavenger hunt to reveal its location soon.