Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

BI Developer's Blog: An interesting new entry

What a negative way to look at this.

What we are doing right now is playing a puzzle game: One that is both interesting and free. While not very good at them, I really like these kinds of puzzles. I would play (or in this case, follow) such a puzzle game with no information or reward at the end what-so-ever.

So true, I've just spend 2 hours reading the thread from page 1 (I've discovered it today), damn, it was a lot more exciting then most of the crap movies I could have watched on TV during this time.

I'm trully amazed by this community and by BIS, putting up things like this is simply...awesome ! It started with a simple picture and a link to google streets. And look where we are now. It worths hundreds of pre rendered teaser videos, I don't know if you guys are as excited as Im but I can hardly sit still on my chair :)

I really hope it's not an april fools tho

Edited by Macadam Cow

I'm not going to go through all 50 pages to see if someone already noticed this, but...

Go to the Google Street Maps link.

Zoom out one level, and scroll South.

Q: What do you see?

A: KOMO TV's rooftop helicopter landing pad.

If not for the skyline pic, with the textureless cranes, I would doubt Seattle itself was involved. That said, Seattle has pretty awesome urban terrain, and I'd love to see BI do it justice.

I'm not going to go through all 50 pages to see if someone already noticed this, but...

Go to the Google Street Maps link.

Zoom out one level, and scroll South.

Q: What do you see?

A: KOMO TV's rooftop helicopter landing pad.

If not for the skyline pic, with the textureless cranes, I would doubt Seattle itself was involved. That said, Seattle has pretty awesome urban terrain, and I'd love to see BI do it justice.

Nice spot :)

Found a few words in the file that make "sense":

SEATTLE

FOCUS

SHARPER

LOOKUP

In all the excitement about cracking the YouTube video ID, I think these words Alwarren found hidden inside the latest picture were forgotten.

Another reference to Seattle, the words "sharper focus" again and then "look up". What could all this mean?

We've had a Google Street View location in Seattle, a picture of the Seattle skyline, BIS says they have "new opportunities in the north-western USA", now another Seattle reference.

What could be in Seattle? Why should we "look up"? What is the meaning of "sharper focus"?

In all the excitement about cracking the YouTube video ID, I think these words Alwarren found hidden inside the latest picture were forgotten.

Another reference to Seattle, the words "sharper focus" again and then "look up". What could all this mean?

We've had a Google Street View location in Seattle, a picture of the Seattle skyline, BIS says they have "new opportunities in the north-western USA", now another Seattle reference.

What could be in Seattle? Why should we "look up"? What is the meaning of "sharper focus"?

The museum of Science Fiction is next to the Space Needle.

It could mean look in space.

the same file also contains the word "larkinaviation". I wonder if it means anything

the same file also contains the word "larkinaviation". I wonder if it means anything

Well it's pretty obvious I think. Larkin (or lark in) and Aviation.

Larks being small birds.

> Little Birds.

Edited by Emualynk

The museum of Science Fiction is next to the Space Needle.

It could mean look in space.

I really think the space needle doesn't play a role. The picture in that location does

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Well it's pretty obvious I think. Larkin and Aviation.

Oh, wow. Why didn't I think of it. :sarcasm:

Ah, so you changed it. Makes more sense. Thank :)

Edited by dontknowhow

Seems to be an old aviation company from australia.

That word was part of the "proper" solution to finding the YouTube video ID in the third picture. http://bit.ly/larkinaviation points to a recovery file that properly fixed it and made the ID visible.

Of course, some of us took the more laborous route of fixing the picture manually. :whistle:

Well, I now learned the meaning of a new word: lark.

Now, lark in aviation makes quite some sense.

I also googled lark, and the third link was this. Not sure it's useful information

Well, I now learned the meaning of a new word: lark.

Now, lark in aviation makes quite some sense.

I also googled lark, and the third link was this. Not sure it's useful information

So it's either about Little Birds (Helo) or Seattle.

With the video I think that Lark as Helo makes much more sense.

Honestly, I don't think lark or larkinaviation has any more meaning for this treasure hunt.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that the devs seem to be silently watching this thread? I think we're currently providing a lot of entertainment for them. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

Honestly, I don't think lark or larkinaviation has any more meaning for this treasure hunt.

Well it makes sense actually. I mean sure it's there to find the par2 file but it can have a meaning as well.

And considering the video is the sound of a helo starting, lark being the name given to little birds, it makes sense.

lark 2 Informal

n

1. a carefree adventure or frolic

2. a harmless piece of mischief

what a lark! how amusing!

vb (intr)

1. (often foll by about) to have a good time by frolicking

2. to play a prank

[originally slang, perhaps related to laik]

larker n

larkish adj

larkishness n

Collins English Dictionary – HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

no, probably not. But you never know.

That word was part of the "proper" solution to finding the YouTube video ID in the third picture. http://bit.ly/larkinaviation points to a recovery file that properly fixed it and made the ID visible.

Of course, some of us took the more laborous route of fixing the picture manually. :whistle:

Sniperwolf572 was more clever! :laugh:

Nice, it's a recovery file for the image. :)

Repaired image looks like this, but I guess manual recovery FTW ^_^.

Yesterday's puzzle was good, let's see what's next.

Edited by Lonestar

lark 2 Informal

n

1. a carefree adventure or frolic

2. a harmless piece of mischief

what a lark! how amusing!

vb (intr)

1. (often foll by about) to have a good time by frolicking

2. to play a prank

[originally slang, perhaps related to laik]

larker n

larkish adj

larkishness n

Collins English Dictionary – HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lark

Also :

http://www.vrhc.co.uk/RC%20Helicopters/UK/Micro-Mold/MM%20Lark%2025%20box%20cover.jpg

Lark is also the english name for the Alouette.

Edited by Emualynk

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that the devs seem to be silently watching this thread? I think we're currently providing a lot of entertainment for them. ;)

lol, look at my sig and remember last time. OT it's about time for the next DLC or expansion :D

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that the devs seem to be silently watching this thread? I think we're currently providing a lot of entertainment for them.

Definately

you know tomorow it's the first april ... it can be a big joke !

Definately

But they also should know that by these mind games our expectations are rising a lot! ;)

So I would not recommend them to reveal that this is just "1st April" (which I don't think). I'm so high that I at least expect ep2 by now! :p Just kidding! ;) Arma 3 will do it too. :D

Btw.

Maybe with

SEATTLE

FOCUS

SHARPER

LOOKUP

they meant the chopper on the KOMO TV's rooftop?

Can someone find the equivalent to the Seattle Picture in google Street view? maybe you need to look up in it

Can someone find the equivalent to the Seattle Picture in google Street view? maybe you need to look up in it

That view is from the water, or if not, out on a dock someplace...